Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th August 2009, 10:07   #376
Senior - BHPian

Good Spirit Aadix that you will be treating all of us on 21st...Look forward to this Mr.Dumbledore......
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 10:39   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yours?? Or your Dad's?? I do remember you'd mentioned that he had bought one after the Standard Gazel(?)
LOL - mine. My first car was a PP. My dad had a 'President' that short lived avatar. In fact it was before the Gazel, just after the Herald.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 11:29   #378
Team-BHP Support

Let me start the traditional head-count for everyone's clarity

What : Team-BHP Dinner Meet, Aug 21, 2009
Venue: TBD
Time: 7:00PM

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181
9. Vnabhi
10. Zen91

All other lurkers, please come forward and add your names to above list
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 11:49   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Let me start the traditional head-count for everyone's clarity

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181
9. Vnabhi
10. Zen91

All other lurkers, please come forward and add your names to above list

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181
9. Vnabhi
10. Zen91
11. Ardy
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 11:50   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Good Spirit Aadix that you will be treating all of us on 21st...Look forward to this Mr.Dumbledore

lol.. like i said, anytime sir and hey if its ok with all, lets stop all the stuff like seniority, cug ,like-mindedness etc,etc. we are all one, all are team-bhpians. its how we bond is what counts. not age,not the attendance to the meets and so-on.

this is one of the reasons why few team-bhpians who i know stay away from the meets.

no one is harry potter or dumbledore the wizard here sir, i firmly believe in the concept of equality rather than senior-junior, teacher-student, etc etc. esp in the places where it isnt needed.

like mobike said to me the other day, "we meet, we have fun, we bond and then get on with our lifes" it made sense. meets should be for fun.
so if the above thing is ok with you, i will be the first in line and will be glad to host a good evening on the 21st

anyways coming back to the topic, just in case the non veg team-bhpians dont mind and if its ok with all, for a change lets check out a good veg place on 21st, it will be a good change i guess?

edit: just saw the list, am in. thanks for adding up my name in the list mobike.

Last edited by aadix : 14th August 2009 at 11:52.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 12:04   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
lol.. like i said, anytime sir and hey if its ok with all, lets stop all the stuff like seniority, cug ,like-mindedness etc,etc. we are all one, all are team-bhpians. its how we bond is what counts. not age,not the attendance to the meets and so-on.

this is one of the reasons why few team-bhpians who i know stay away from the meets.

no one is harry potter or dumbledore the wizard here sir, i firmly believe in the concept of equality rather than senior-junior, teacher-student, etc etc. esp in the places where it isnt needed.

like mobike said to me the other day, "we meet, we have fun, we bond and then get on with our lifes" it made sense. meets should be for fun.
so if the above thing is ok with you, i will be the first in line and will be glad to host a good evening on the 21st

anyways coming back to the topic, just in case the non veg team-bhpians dont mind and if its ok with all, for a change lets check out a good veg place on 21st, it will be a good change i guess?

edit: just saw the list, am in. thanks for adding up my name in the list mobike.
While what you say about sr./jr. etc is valid, let me assure you that there is no such thing, newbies are welcomed just as warmly (sometimes more warmly than Sr. TBHPians). CUG or Common User Group refers to the usual suspects who are invariably there every meet, in other words the "vellas" in life. The combination of this group changes with time and there is no "group" - it is just a convenient handle used to refer to the regulars, there is no admission, no membership etc.

Your omnious statement about some people staying away set off alarm bells in my head. Perhaps you would explain the problem when we meet. AFAIK no one was either made unwelcome or was kept out on the basis of their age, time on TBHP etc. It is however natural that in any bunch of people some people strike up a rapport which results in a friendship beyond the bunch. This is only to be expected and is no different from the friendships we make in the workplace, school, class etc.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 14th August 2009 at 12:11.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 12:37   #382
BHPian

+1 to Ravvs. I am one who just recently started joining meets, and believe you me, there is no senior/ junior (or any other kind of) problem. This is just a bunch of folks who share common interests (cars since we ARE on TBHP, food since we ARE hydeez) and love to talk and generally have a good time. Hillram probably meant it in jest and should be taken as such. So, aadix, don't take all that to heart and come to the meet with an open mind. You will be surprised to see how quickly camaraderie develops with this group. Also, please ask the few guys who stay away to also give it a shot. Experience will always count for a little more than hearsay.
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 12:45   #383
Senior - BHPian

Guys, check this news
Govt to release water from Sagar on Sunday - Hyderabad - City - NEWS - The Times of India

Water will be released from NS dam this sunday, calls for a quick drive to watch the treat.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 13:02   #384
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raveendra and Anurag for sharing my thoughts.You put it across aptly.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:54   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181
9. Vnabhi
10. Zen91
11. Ardy
Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181
9. Vnabhi
10. Zen91
11. Ardy

Tentative List
1. MrinalSinha

I will try to join you guys this time.

OT:Please help me finding a correct shop where I can get my ICE done
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1431742
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 14:35   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
venue can be apna very own hamshire plaza again.(thats the only place which has always tolerated the soft spoken types like us. (cug + pug + newbie's ,senior/junior/clueless,with hair ,no hair etc etc)

plus the deals are good too.. (last time the kheema pao was good man)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 15:13   #387
Senior - BHPian

+1 on Rajesh Bhai's suggestion.HP was good food and ambience.
Btw Rajesh Bhai..u have a gift from me...I will PM you.
Old 14th August 2009, 16:00   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
venue can be apna very own hamshire plaza again.(thats the only place which has always tolerated the soft spoken types like us. (cug + pug + newbie's ,senior/junior/clueless,with hair ,no hair etc etc)

plus the deals are good too.. (last time the kheema pao was good man)
Why not accommodate Addix's request to have the meet at a Veg joint? I will get some sadist pleasure seeing you guys eating something veg . By the way, had a sad experience yesterday when i found chicken piece in my veg Biryani at a regular joint near my place.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 16:18   #389
BHPian

Ummm, Mrinal, we do eat Veg. Just not "only veg". Top of the food chain and all that jazz, you know
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 16:29   #390
Team-BHP Support

I wanted to suggest Hampshire but thought you guys would be bored. So lets do it at the same place. Afzar Basha, Miya here comes my phone call to you

Venue: Hampshire Plaza
Time: 8:00PM

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181