Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th August 2009, 16:35   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While what you say about sr./jr. etc is valid, let me assure you that there is no such thing, newbies are welcomed just as warmly (sometimes more warmly than Sr. TBHPians). CUG or Common User Group refers to the usual suspects who are invariably there every meet, in other words the "vellas" in life. The combination of this group changes with time and there is no "group" - it is just a convenient handle used to refer to the regulars, there is no admission, no membership etc.

Your omnious statement about some people staying away set off alarm bells in my head. Perhaps you would explain the problem when we meet. AFAIK no one was either made unwelcome or was kept out on the basis of their age, time on TBHP etc. It is however natural that in any bunch of people some people strike up a rapport which results in a friendship beyond the bunch. This is only to be expected and is no different from the friendships we make in the workplace, school, class etc.

ravveendrra sir,
my attitude towards the meets was the same as above until a certain person clearly said that the so called "hyd cug group is made up of like minded persons and can never accomidate people like me" and are apparently "far ahead of my breed"

since i dont wash my linen in public i will refrain from taking any names. plus am least bothered when things like these are said without verifying the actual facts.

Quote:
So, aadix, don't take all that to heart and come to the meet with an open mind. You will be surprised to see how quickly camaraderie develops with this group. Also, please ask the few guys who stay away to also give it a shot. Experience will always count for a little more than hearsay.

hey anurag, trust me, nothing's taken to heart, i too like to meet team-bhpians and hang out with like minded people and have a good time and thats the reason why i intend on coming and also plan to try and get a few old time bhpians to come for this meet.

Quote:
Thanks Raveendra and Anurag for sharing my thoughts.You put it across aptly.
with all due respect hillram sir, i dont see any similarity in the thoughts. but would agree on the point that ravveendrra and anurag have put it across aptly.

lets continue this discussion on the thread only if its going to peaceful and a sensible conversation, if not we can leave it at this and can be continued via pm's if any one feels its necessary.

coming back to the topic, if the group is large how about a private get-together kind of thing? we could book up some place fully for ourselves or something similar?

Last edited by aadix : 14th August 2009 at 16:42.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 16:57   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
coming back to the topic, if the group is large how about a private get-together kind of thing? we could book up some place fully for ourselves or something similar?
Private get together needs large space, food and seating arrangements. In short, its a painful process and time consuming.

Food in Hampshire Plaza is superb and let me see if we can customize the menu to some extent.

Veg guys, rattle of your wishlist
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 17:02   #393
BHPian

Quote:
we can also look at the place @ kukatpally ,'our place' or something .. last time when we were there ,the place was practically ours plus suren's awesome rock collection did the trick.

pandeyji: what say?
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 17:04   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal
we can also look at the place @ kukatpally ,'our place' or something .. last time when we were there ,the place was practically ours plus suren's awesome rock collection did the trick.

Its called One Place.

But getting there would be one hell of a task on a week day, thanks to all the traffic.

Though it would be extremely close to my place ...
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 17:12   #395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

Not a bad idea mate. Suren garu, ekada unnaru? Akada fixed price deal matladathara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
But getting there would be one hell of a task on a week day, thanks to all the traffic.
You can say that again. I shudder just at the thought of travelling to Kukatpally but the place is cool and can be ours with a good music system.

We can make it a dinner-and-rock meet. Anurag, are you listening?
Old 14th August 2009, 17:24   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Suren garu, ekada unnaru? Akada fixed price deal matladathara?
That sounds more like a telugu girl in a chat room
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 17:40   #397
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all the Linen washing thats been done..I would prefer to stick to a CUG meet,than a Team BHP meet now.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 17:57   #398
Senior - BHPian

Peace !! peace!! this is just a team-BHP meet discussion .
I know everybody would have washing machine at their home to wash their linens!!!so no washing them here.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 18:03   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I know everybody would have washing machine at their home to wash their linens!!!so no washing them here.
I dont have a washing machine at home, we still get it done the manual way, by a maid!!! But still I would not wash it here.

Hampshire Plaza is a pakka paisa vasool offer!! Avi bhai, we can go ahead with it.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 18:08   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I dont have a washing machine at home, we still get it done the manual way, by a maid!!! But still I would not wash it here.

Hampshire Plaza is a pakka paisa vasool offer!! Avi bhai, we can go ahead with it.
Ditto!! here too, still the manual way by maid.
But on a serious note let us all be happy being a part of team-BHP and proud of it too.Hope this meet would be as good as any. Cheers!!!!
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 19:22   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those private dos generally work out more expensive than what Mobike normally manages to wrangle for us. We did have an exclusive ghazal nite which was catered at an excellent location. That was a meet to remember. We have also had a room to ourselves on some occasions. The problem is to make such bookings we need to have confirmed numbers and cash upfront to pay advance etc. The number of members attending meets fluctuates so wildly that it is impossible to estimate, make a booking, pay an advance etc.

From your comments in your recent post, I gather that some words were exchanged in anger, I suggest that all of us let bygones be bygones and get on with things. Our interactions are minimal in any case and perhaps merely peripheral to our lives as this is largely an on-line forum in our largely off-line world of work, cars, home etc. As Anurag and Mobike have said, we meet, talk, laugh and get on with our lives, let us keep it that way.

@ Mrinal and Aadix. As I have mentioned we had a vegetarian dinner meet followed by coffee sometime in the past 2 months and only 4 members turned up (of which 3 were NV). LOL that must have been the lowest attendence for a meet ever - even quick lunch meets have more people attending. The idea is to cater to as many people and tastes as possible to make the meets more broadbased. I have been and am member in many associations both professional and social and I have noticed over years that the minute someone says "Vegetarian only" the interest tapers off but funnily - at the meet itself it is the vegetarian snacks and dinner items that get consumed the most.

This is not to say that a night out at a vegetarian joint is a bad idea or not possible, this is not the right time for a vegetarian meal meet, but we shall have one soon enough. Himanshugoswami, Hillram, Pulsar56, Absynthguzzler and I are quite fond of veggie stuff and are quite indiscriminate about what kind of food it is as long as it is good food. Please keep the suggestions for good Veg joints flowing in.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 20:22   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all the Linen washing thats been done..I would prefer to stick to a CUG meet,than a Team BHP meet now.
ok, first and foremost it wasnt a personal attack ram, so dont take it in that way. my apoligies if you felt that it was one. now if we could leave the past in the past and bond as a team-bhp group, i would really like it.

Quote:
Peace !! peace!! this is just a team-BHP meet discussion, I know everybody would have washing machine at their home to wash their linens!!! so no washing them here
Quote:

lol, there were the most funniest line i have read recently on team-bhp! btw no linen was washed in the first place

Quote:
This is not to say that a night out at a vegetarian joint is a bad idea or not possible, this is not the right time for a vegetarian meal meet, but we shall have one soon enough. Himanshugoswami, Hillram, Pulsar56, Absynthguzzler and I are quite fond of veggie stuff and are quite indiscriminate about what kind of food it is as long as it is good food. Please keep the suggestions for good Veg joints flowing in.
good to see so many veg guys here, anytime is a good time and anything will do for the 21st's meet.

Quote:
From your comments in your recent post, I gather that some words were exchanged in anger, I suggest that all of us let bygones be bygones and get on with things. Our interactions are minimal in any case and perhaps merely peripheral to our lives as this is largely an on-line forum in our largely off-line world of work, cars, home etc. As Anurag and Mobike have said, we meet, talk, laugh and get on with our lives, let us keep it that way.

total agree sir and would like it to be that way. anyways there isnt any point to analyse what has happened and best is to let bygones be bygones as you have said.

ok guys, how about the new bluefox behind hsbc banjara hills? place is mostly empty on the week days and we can have it to ourselves. food quality is the same as the himyat nagar one itself.

Last edited by aadix : 14th August 2009 at 20:35.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 21:50   #403
Team-BHP Support

Guys, i hope our offtopic discussion is over and let us take it via. pm's if required. As i keep saying, lets get back to business of meeting, having fun and enjoying an evening of good food, laughter together.

Quote:
ok guys, how about the new bluefox behind hsbc banjara hills? place is mostly empty on the week days and we can have it to ourselves. food quality is the same as the himyat nagar one itself.
Aadix, as mentioned to you we can ONLY consider places where there is an offer going on which includes fixed ( snacks, beverages and dinner).

AFAIK, Bluefox does not cater to such needs and will not be an option for us. If it does, i would be the most happiest guy, since i love their food.

Do come up with suggestions or make enquires where they can offer a deal ( Rs.600/Head Maximum) which includes the above said fare

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th August 2009 at 21:51.
Old 14th August 2009, 22:06   #404
BHPian

Quote:
met mobike008 and kkr2k2 on two seperate occasions yest, so the josh to come to a in-city meet has suddenly appeared
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Btw since we have some joshiley Naujawan everytime,we should make them treat the us seniors for entering the meets.Anyway I have something store for them at the meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
While what you say about sr./jr. etc is valid, let me assure you that there is no such thing, newbies are welcomed just as warmly (sometimes more warmly than Sr. TBHPians). CUG or Common User Group refers to the usual suspects who are invariably there every meet, in other words the "vellas" in life. The combination of this group changes with time and there is no "group" - it is just a convenient handle used to refer to the regulars, there is no admission, no membership etc.

Your omnious statement about some people staying away set off alarm bells in my head. Perhaps you would explain the problem when we meet. AFAIK no one was either made unwelcome or was kept out on the basis of their age, time on TBHP etc. It is however natural that in any bunch of people some people strike up a rapport which results in a friendship beyond the bunch. This is only to be expected and is no different from the friendships we make in the workplace, school, class etc.
Quote:
ravveendrra sir,
my attitude towards the meets was the same as above until a certain person clearly said that the so called "hyd cug group is made up of like minded persons and can never accomidate people like me" and are apparently "far ahead of my breed"

since i dont wash my linen in public i will refrain from taking any names. plus am least bothered when things like these are said without verifying the actual facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Peace !! peace!! this is just a team-BHP meet discussion .
As mentioned by Aadix, me and him were actually told that we had no space in the hyd CUG and it was for likeminded people by someone from the CUG group itself. When such a harsh comment has come straight across, there is no way we would be interested in this so called elite group in the first place now, will we?

I really dont need to type all this either. The quotes with the appropriate bold words are self explainable showing contradicting ideas and comments. I really dont get this idea of the so called CUG stuff. Like fordmanchau mentioned, its a team-BHP meet discussion! and not a CUG discussion. I agree that its a group formed by the regulars and you guys are all set at any time to have fun. But when people begin to create these groups and point finger at others telling them that they are unfit, inferior, etc, I feel its absolute bullcrap. This is an open forum and anyone and everyone can join in for a meet for fun sake. Please refrain from creating separate groups and if you really want to have any, keep them off the forum. This is a place for Tbhp related meets' discussion ONLY.

I dont mean to sound harsh, just wanted to put my point across loud and clear. Hyd tbhp chapter isnt decided by a set of designated members, its an open forum for all. Anyways, whats over is over, I wouldnt want to see any fuming posts anywhere. So whats the next meet's agenda guys?
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 22:10   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Its called One Place.

Though it would be extremely close to my place ...
Where do u stay mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Not a bad idea mate. Suren garu, ekada unnaru? Akada fixed price deal matladathara?

You can say that again. I shudder just at the thought of travelling to Kukatpally but the place is cool and can be ours with a good music system.

We can make it a dinner-and-rock meet. Anurag, are you listening?
Sounds sweet. How about a nice meet (next time) at a rock gig for a change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
That sounds more like a telugu girl in a chat room
Bingo! Seriously, aaj kal not many talk with so much of respect lol, especially not the telangana or hydi guys
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote