Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th August 2009, 22:30   #406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
As mentioned by Aadix, me and him were actually told that we had no space in the hyd CUG and it was for likeminded people by someone from the CUG group itself. When such a harsh comment has come straight across, there is no way we would be interested in this so called elite group in the first place now, will we?

I really dont need to type all this either. The quotes with the appropriate bold words are self explainable showing contradicting ideas and comments. I really dont get this idea of the so called CUG stuff. Like fordmanchau mentioned, its a team-BHP meet discussion! and not a CUG discussion. I agree that its a group formed by the regulars and you guys are all set at any time to have fun. But when people begin to create these groups and point finger at others telling them that they are unfit, inferior, etc, I feel its absolute bullcrap. This is an open forum and anyone and everyone can join in for a meet for fun sake. Please refrain from creating separate groups and if you really want to have any, keep them off the forum. This is a place for Tbhp related meets' discussion ONLY.

I dont mean to sound harsh, just wanted to put my point across loud and clear. Hyd tbhp chapter isnt decided by a set of designated members, its an open forum for all. Anyways, whats over is over, I wouldnt want to see any fuming posts anywhere. So whats the next meet's agenda guys?
Sagar, your post raking up the same subject whilst it was in its dying stage while everyone else is trying to pacify the warring parties is totally uncalled for.

Well, for starters you are not in a good position to talk about who should form a group and who should not since you HARDLY participate in any of the meets. When you say this is an ONLINE forum and discussion should be restricted to only that, then participate regularly and show that your PART of this ONLINE FORUM

This group as Ravvenndra explained in his previous post and i too explained to you when we met the other day is formed involuntarily of people who are always active and ready to mingle at the drop of a hat.

This so-called "CUG' is of people who are part of every meet and nobody forces anybody to come so everyone is part of these meets at their own will. If they come, its fine, if they dont, then someone else will fill their void ( that's the sad fact of life). Finally, who are we to deny entry to people for meets, we said it before and i say it again--Everyone are welcome and i always used to comment, more the merrier !!!

Infact, lot of folks can confirm that i go out of the way to invite people who are NOT even active and like me some others like Rajesh and Pulsar56 too practically did cross selling and marketing of our meet events. Where were you during that time? Did you ever contribute in any way to make our hyderabad events a success?

We never heard from you in the past year and all of a sudden your re-appear and passing such comments is not in good taste. Anyways, please do not consider this as a personal attack as i have no grudge against you or anyone else but, since this is an online forum, just a suggestion that use of words are very important and look forward to seeing you on the Aug 21st meet !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th August 2009 at 22:33.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 22:43   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
As mentioned by Aadix, me and him were actually told that we had no space in the hyd CUG and it was for likeminded people by someone from the CUG group itself. When such a harsh comment has come straight across, there is no way we would be interested in this so called elite group in the first place now, will we?

I really dont need to type all this either. The quotes with the appropriate bold words are self explainable showing contradicting ideas and comments. I really dont get this idea of the so called CUG stuff. Like fordmanchau mentioned, its a team-BHP meet discussion! and not a CUG discussion. I agree that its a group formed by the regulars and you guys are all set at any time to have fun. But when people begin to create these groups and point finger at others telling them that they are unfit, inferior, etc, I feel its absolute bullcrap. This is an open forum and anyone and everyone can join in for a meet for fun sake. Please refrain from creating separate groups and if you really want to have any, keep them off the forum. This is a place for Tbhp related meets' discussion ONLY.

I dont mean to sound harsh, just wanted to put my point across loud and clear. Hyd tbhp chapter isnt decided by a set of designated members, its an open forum for all. Anyways, whats over is over, I wouldnt want to see any fuming posts anywhere. So whats the next meet's agenda guys?
Sagar, I am surprised at this coming from you. You of all people would be aware that there is no 'group' within the TBHP. The only group that exists here is the TBHP members and you are more than aware that all of us are here to help each other in any matter relating to cars, bikes, other tech. stuff, buying, maintaining, selling, modding etc. AFAIK this support has been unstinting to all TBHP members whether they attend meets or not.

As I have said before 'CUG' is a term which conveniently refers to people who are always attending meets - CUG does sound a lot better than "vella" or "unemployed". There is no elitism involved, I and other Hyd. regulars have been always accessible to you as well as to other TBHPians. It is the fond wish of everyone at TBHP Hyderabad to make the chapter grow and to have many many more people participating in drives and meets as they provide an ideal forum or platform for exchange of ideas, information etc. In fact, even for events like the Vintage and Classic car shows, Quartermile drags, HIAS we have posted our tentative plans for visit etc. on TBHP in the fond hope of meeting more members and including them in the TBHP activities.

I certainly hope that we will see you participate actively in the TBHP activities in Hyd. Personally, I am dying to check out your new GP.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 23:06   #408
Senior - BHPian

Baap re!!!this seems to be going nowhere!!!
food guys!!! concentrate on food, we are talking fun and food here!!!
Is anything more important than masti and pet puja...
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 23:37   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, for starters you are not in a good position to talk about who should form a group and who should not since you HARDLY participate in any of the meets. When you say this is an ONLINE forum and discussion should be restricted to only that, then participate regularly and show that your PART of this ONLINE FORUM
I dont see the reason why I cannot voice my opinion just because I am not a regular for the meets? Afaik, it aint a compulsion for attending the meets, right? I had my own set of reasons for which I couldnt come. I so badly wanted to get my zen for meets but because of a few reasons, I couldnt. And recently when I was sqeezing out little time to come down to unwind, something happened with a fellow member which made me skeptical. Just because I dont turn up for meets doesnt mean I am not a part of the online forum Avi, like they say, these are offline meets.

Quote:
Finally, who are we to deny entry to people for meets, we said it before and i say it again--Everyone are welcome and i always used to comment, more the merrier !!!
I never pointed at you specifically Avi, like I said, but everyone knows what happened. We totally understand what CUG is and we arent the ones who need an explaination.

Quote:
Where were you during that time? Did you ever contribute in any way to make our hyderabad events a success?
Like I said, I had my own set of reasons for not coming and it aint a compulsion either. If you remember, I designed the Tbhp t-shirts. Am not trying to imply anything here, just want to tell you that in my very own little way, I do contribute to the forum whenever its possible. Active participation
makes it merrier agreed but just because I dint come down doesnt mean that I dont encourage the meets Avi. I really appreciate you for keeping the spirit and activity on a high always but just because a few cannot turn up all the time doesnt mean they cant talk out.

Quote:
We never heard from you in the past year and all of a sudden your re-appear and passing such comments is not in good taste. Anyways, please do not consider this as a personal attack as i have no grudge against you or anyone else but, since this is an online forum, just a suggestion that use of words are very important and look forward to seeing you on the Aug 21st meet !!!
Am no way taking this as a personal assault or such. Am just here to clarify things and make my point clear like what I told in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Sagar, I am surprised at this coming from you. You of all people would be aware that there is no 'group' within the TBHP. The only group that exists here is the TBHP members and you are more than aware that all of us are here to help each other in any matter relating to cars, bikes, other tech. stuff, buying, maintaining, selling, modding etc. AFAIK this support has been unstinting to all TBHP members whether they attend meets or not.
Bang on ravs! This is what am implying too. Like I said, we including Aadix know that CUG and stuff doesnt actually exist unlike a few who feel its a separate group with its exclusive set of members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I certainly hope that we will see you participate actively in the TBHP activities in Hyd. Personally, I am dying to check out your new GP.
Just a little tied up thanks to my GRE test which is fast approaching. Am giving it all my time. Still am trying to squeeze out sometime. Once I ease up, you guys will get bored of seeing me and my Punto everywhere
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 23:47   #410
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see that spirit Sagar. Chalo, let's keep all our gila shikwa behind us and start afresh. Look forward to seeing you and aadix at the Aug 21st meet

Ok folks, the nail biting drama which you all have been witnessing is over hope you all enjoyed it, i will send you all PM's with my bank account number so you can transfer funds ( whatever amount you feel like) so it can be used for our meet expenses
Old 15th August 2009, 00:29   #411
Senior - BHPian

I was busy preparing excel sheets from 4:00 to 11:00 PM and so many posts here!

See you all tomorrow at Chowmahalla & later at 21st dinner meet!

OT: Busy days at work have started again with USA going into Annual/Open Enrollment phase!

OT2: I was recruiting a potential member (who was asking around whose car is it with that "Live to Drive" sticker) at KFC, Hitec City aroun 11:15 PM while picking up my dinner!

OT3: I upgraded the rocket's head unit & amp last week. Get ready for an audition tomorrow!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 15th August 2009 at 00:43.
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 02:43   #412
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Praveen. Where in the world are you? Back to STC?
Sorry for the late reply Avi. Nopes, I am sitting smug here in Schaumburg IL - you guys sure are having a rocking time out there!
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 07:55   #413
BHPian

Wink

Phew .... I hope the fireworks are all over for this thread ... If not, lets continue it on 21st with some friendly fireworks by having fun ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Where do u stay mate?
Sagar, I stay at Nizampet Rd, right opposite Bhavya's Anandam Apts.

OT: Wishing you all a very Happy Independence Day !!!

Last edited by Ardy : 15th August 2009 at 07:57. Reason: Spell Check
Ardy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 09:56   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Sorry for the late reply Avi. Nopes, I am sitting smug here in Schaumburg IL - you guys sure are having a rocking time out there!
Your one lucky guy, still in IL. Hope your visiting that indian chinese restuarant regularly in Hoffman estates, let them know i miss their indian chinese food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Phew .... I hope the fireworks are all over for this thread ... If not, lets continue it on 21st with some friendly fireworks by having fun ...

Sagar, I stay at Nizampet Rd, right opposite Bhavya's Anandam Apts.

OT: Wishing you all a very Happy Independence Day !!!
Yes, thankfully ( or is it sadly...LOL) it is over. So lets get back to the fun part

Wish you all a happy independence day...JAI HO !!!!
Old 15th August 2009, 18:39   #415
Senior - BHPian

Had a great time at Chowmahalla Palace.Our BHPians who turned up (with their rides) were:
- Suren : Fiat Centre Light
- Hillram : Fiat Super Select
- Stanher : Standar Pennant
- Raveendra
- Nazim

Pics from Nazim and Write up from Raveendra will follow soon.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 18:53   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Had a great time at Chowmahalla Palace.Our BHPians who turned up (with their rides) were:
- Raveendra
- Nazim

Ram, Pics have been posted here already. (Just waiting for the 15 posts in the first page so that I can post the 3rd Set! )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...gust-15th.html (Deccan Heritage Vintage Car and Motorcycle Display @ Chowmahalla Palace-August 15th)
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 20:16   #417
BHPian

Smile I was there too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram
- Raveendra
- Nazim

I was there tooo .... Though missed the most of it. I don't know why I was under the impression that the show was till 1800 ...

Anyways, got to see the Vintages leaving.
Ardy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 22:27   #418
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Ardy missed you out.
Also Absynthguzzler..Arun was also there,who had to leave before other Team BHpians arrived.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 00:45   #419
Senior - BHPian

If the meet is happening.....

What : Team-BHP Dinner Meet, Aug 21, 2009
Venue: Hampshire Plaza
Time: 8:00PM

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvenndra
3. Hillram
4. Rajesh Rawal
5. Pulsar56
6. Aadix
7. Himanshugoswami
8. Suren181
9. Vnabhi
10. Zen91
11. Ardy
12. Mrinal Sinha ( Tentative)
13. satish
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 10:32   #420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
If the meet is happening.....
Satish, nice to see you in. I reckon this would be a first in-city dinner meet for you