Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 28th August 2009, 11:50   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
and we would be leaving @ 10am not 8.30..

mashed bananas and cerelac bhaiya barista zindabad.
10.00 a.m. good enough for me to consider moving from 'tentative' to 'confirmed'. I absolutely loved the Gurudwara in Bidar and the drive is good, lemme check Mihiran's test/revision schedule this evening and take a call.

Only difference between Pavani's diet and HRH RR's is that one is semi-liquidised, the other is totally liquid ("Barista").

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 11:55   #512
Senior - BHPian

ravs, it will be great if you can make it. We plan to meet up at Gachibowli stadium at 10 AM and then head out.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 18:59   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
ravs, it will be great if you can make it. We plan to meet up at Gachibowli stadium at 10 AM and then head out.
We are in. Pray to the rain gods for Pulsar's sake. He will come only if it is raining!

Will meet you near BHEL gate (same place as last time - HRH-RR knows it).

Cheers,
Old 29th August 2009, 20:00   #514
BHPian

so its ravs ,himanshu and me for tommorrow ..

fordmanchau and any other manchurian's are you guys in as well?

we would meet @ BHEL 10 am
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 22:40   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...... We plan to meet up at Gachibowli stadium at 10 AM and then head out.
Quote:

we would meet @ BHEL 10 am
Oi! Unless you be Harry Puttar and are teleporting yourself(ves) no way you can be at Gachibowli & BHEL at 10.00.

So which is the final time at BHEL?

Cheers,
Old 29th August 2009, 23:50   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh bhai, probably not coming.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 01:06   #517
Team-BHP Support

Have fun guys and drive safe. Enjoy
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 10:23   #518
Senior - BHPian

what a lovely meet- small and sweet

Final count_ himanshu + wife and daughter
Ravs + son
HRH RR

lovely drive all the way to Bidar. the Gurudwara was beautiful and serene as usual and this time HRH did not commit any faux pas at the sarovar where the holy water is.

Since this was the first "quick" drive in the SX4 for me post the running in, I was eager to know the performance of this baby- suffice to say that she did not disappoint.

the max we clocked was 143 kmph with the tacho at 4100 rpm- so it still had plenty in reserve sinc ethe redline is at 6500 RPM. I am rediscovering the joys of a high revving petrol after my Baleno.

I tried gamely to keep up with that wicked Palio GTX and was on his tal for the most part, but man! that car has some mid-range with a melodious sound track.

Seriously, you need to experience a GTX on full boil overtake you when you are doing about 130 kph to know what i mean. that coupled with Rav's awesome car control made it a tough act for me to keep up with.

This drive showed me the capabilities of a good sedan. having been driving an SUV for the last two years, and having taken my safari on this same route a few times before, I realised that the sx4 was much more adept at munching miles. In the safari, I could never cross 110 kph on this road (brakes were the main reason) and needed to slow down to about 80 KPH for the sweepers. in the sx4, I barely took my foot off the throttle and 120-140 was the norm.

I know that it is apples and oranges, but I am just giving my perspective of driving two very different animals down the same route.

the highlight for me was the lunch- we forsake all restaurant and dhabbas and decided to partake the packed lunches that Ravs and I were carrying- found a beautiful spot under the tree in a Karnataka Forst Dept. reserve forest area.
I will not write much and will let the pics do the talking as soon as HRH decides to upload them.

Also, HRH and I decided to do out Hillary and Tenzing act at a watch tower and soon realised that we were both chicken . I gave up before he did- Man! that thing is scary from the top.

Over to you Rajesh

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 31st August 2009 at 10:27.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:56   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Also, HRH and I decided to do out Hillary and Tenzing act at a watch tower and soon realised that we were both chicken . I gave up before he did- Man! that thing is scary from the top.

Over to you Rajesh
you bet man! the watch tower looked like a piece of cake till we actually did our dare devil act!

we both started getting the vertigo effect as we reached the 2nd level.

himanshu bhai stopped there and i lost my confidence too! but then josh mein hosh khokar i reached the top and 'phat' gayi bhai! all i could say is " iss jungle se mujhe bachao'lol

himanshu bhai where is my red&white bravery award dost

will post some pics on the newly discovered picnic spot in the jungle.blissfull i must say.

got a chance to drive ravs ka super powered gtx.serously guys now i realise why he went all the way to mumbai to buy it! simply awesome.

specially the roar is super amazing!

good way to finish the aug meet saga for sure!

special thanks to ravs and mrs himanshu for getting the lunch packed. for a change this outing was sans the juices,but then no complaints boss!
Old 31st August 2009, 12:05   #520
Senior - BHPian

rajesh, put up the pics ASAP man!
Old 31st August 2009, 23:42   #521
Senior - BHPian

Default Great drive and meet

This ranks as one of the smallest meet. The smallest of course being one of the first, where Appasani alone was present! Next has to be the Heritage Drive by Pulsar56 & yours truly. We have made progress however and this meet had 3 members i.e. an increase of 50% over the heritage drive.

Sunday dawned bright and nice (much before I surfaced) and 10.00 a.m. being a decent hour, I and the lill one got up, had a leisurely bath and b'fast cleaned the GTX (windshields) and set off for BHEL. We just passed Kukatpally when Rajesh called to say they were already there. Time to shift down, gun the engine to get the dawdlers out of the way and make tracks. Another call ......"shall we keep moving slowly?" - I reply - "I am just short of BHEL" put the phone down and I see the BHEL board in front - talk about timing.

We step out to wish each other good morning and decide that we are not doing the regular laal gaadi stuff by stopping every few minutes and that the next halt would be Bidar. Himanshu tells me that he has finished with his running in and that he plans to open the car up. I wish him farewell and tell him that I will meet him in Bidar - I have no intentions of pitting the GTX against a brand new car - a much faster one at that. The road to hell being what it is, paved with good intentions - I tell myself that I will stick to 3000 to 3500 RPM which translates into about 100 t0 120 Kmph (and honest to goodness I did stick to those speeds most of the time).

Two cars keeping each other company we set off, alternatively taking the lead or falling back as circumstances permitted. I took the opportunity of observing the SX4 and must say the car is very planted. It brakes neatly and takes corners with aplomb. It does not roll too much and tracks neatly in corners at speed. The SX4s massive wheels and tyre width no doubt helping it. I was reminded that the SX4 and the GTX are after all cousins. Well the lineage shows - congrats Himanshu - a car with Fiat handling and M.A.S.S. My guess is that one cannot 'flick' the SX4 into a turn like one can with the GTX - but then to be fair, one cannot flick 90% of cars into a turn (including my Tank).

We played tag at decent speeds till the turn off from NH9 just after Zaheerabad. That road is a joy to behold and the GTX (and I) were just raring to have a go at it. So off we went over that lovely twisty road with lots of ups and downs leaving the rest of the traffic and the SX4 well and truly behind. The scenery was largely a lush green and at last there was some water in the ponds and tanks. Just short of Bidar we went across a bund packed with kids and men holding fishing rods!

I just love the Gurudwara in Bidar, it is the epitome of peace and calm. There is an immense energy there which is both soothing and uplifting. A quick darshan replete with prasad and after paying respects to the resident guru/saint by washing the imprint of his feet at a spring which gives the sweetest water we took a quick inventory of what we had to eat & drink and decided to drive straight out of town and stop at any nice spot in the forest we crossed on the way in. Wow - an impromptou picnic and the kids loved it. It was a great refreshing change to sit on a jhampkhana, out in the open under the trees and eat sandwitches and rolls all washed down with cola. We had peacocks calling in the background as well as a few ducks, the crickets were chirping away .....great music to eat by.

Himanshu and Rajesh decided that they had eaten too much and wanted to work off a few calories by climbing the forest departments watch tower nearby, one look at it - the damn thing was at least 3 storeys high and I decided to stick to terra-firma. Fully refreshed, we started off around 3.00 p.m. to hit Hyderabad by 5.00 p.m. The timing was ideal, there was no traffic and the Hyderabad-Mumbai buses had not left Hyd by the time we reached. All in all a great drive.

Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2044.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2043.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2038.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2040.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2041.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2048.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2049.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2050.jpg  

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-100_2046.jpg  

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 31st August 2009 at 23:47.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:52   #522
Senior - BHPian

Yet another 2 months come to an end.Signing off for July / Aug meets....
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 10:46   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Seriously, you need to experience a GTX on full boil overtake you when you are doing about 130 kph to know what i mean. that coupled with Rav's awesome car control made it a tough act for me to keep up with.
I know what you are talking about----he overtook me on the Sagar drive when I was doing 140!

[quote=Ravveendrra;1459836]This ranks as one of the smallest meet. The smallest of course being one of the first, where Appasani alone was present! Next has to be the Heritage Drive by Pulsar56 & yours truly. We have made progress however and this meet had 3 members i.e. an increase of 50% over the heritage drive.
quote]

As usual, great narration, Ravvs. Where are the pics from HRH RR?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 11:07   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I know what you are talking about----he overtook me on the Sagar drive when I was doing 140!

As usual, great narration, Ravvs. Where are the pics from HRH RR?
Thanks Venu saab. That drive to Sagar was something else. I had the car between 4200 and 5500 rpm so the speeds were well in excess of what we did on this drive to Bidar.

Cheers,
Old 1st September 2009, 11:08   #525
BHPian

will upload my set of pics later in the day. for a change lots of work to do!