Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 11th July 2009, 20:56   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shyam..we are all going to do a carpool..so you can hitch a ride in any one of the cars.
OK...um, now anyone here who stays close to Tarnaka/Vidyanagar areas??
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 13:03   #122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
My first meet and I had a good time. I can see why you people meet so regularly. All of you seem to be the very-easy-to-get-along-with types.

Fot me the highlight of the evening was kkr2k2's (have I spelt that right?) description of how it feels to drive a diesel Indica, which Discobiscuit, Huntrz and I had the privilege to listen to. He had us in splits.

Good food and good company. Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
I second Straightdrive.

Thanks for the wonderful meet. It was a pleasure meeting fellow tbhpians from Hyderabad. Thanks Mobike008 for organizing everything, and I am looking forward to the future meets.

i am probably not going to make it for the City tour since i don't wake up before lunchtime on Sundays; but Hillram, I would love to join you guys on the next RC/Golf meet
Glad you guys enjoyed the Hampshire plaza meet. Look forward to seeing you both regularly for other upcoming meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
his office is in Gachibowli, he has to go to home, get freshened up and put on some perfume out of the zillion perfumes he has at home(apart from handful in his laptop bag) and then come to Hampshire to meet a new hostess!!!
Don't you know me so well? yes, that exactly was the plan but due to shortage of time, i decided to go for a quick jog at public garden and got fresh in the hotel itself. Yes, those zillion perfumes did help to some extent

Next meet, i propose a lunch meet at either of these places :-

Fusion 9 ( Kondapur) : Rs.199 ++
Punjabi by Nature : Rs. 250 ( inclusive of mocktails)

How about a saturday for this lunch meet?

Also Ram, throw some light as to when we are going to do the golf or RC meet?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 19:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

Im in for Fusion 9 on Saturday lunch.
Avi..you all can plan a visit to the Hyderabad Internation Auto Show on Saturday 18th July and I will be anyhow there.We can do a T-BHP meet and then head for lunch at Fusion 9.
Lets all land up in our T-BHP T-Shirts that day at HICC...what say?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 10:15   #124
Senior - BHPian

Nazim..can u post the pics of Friday night please?
Old 13th July 2009, 11:33   #125
BHPian

Guys, regret having missed you all. Was feeling a bit under the weather. Avi's prescription has worked well (wink, wink) but took all weekend and repeated doses, not that I am complaining. Hope we are still on for the meet this weekend, am all geared up. Let us decide a time and all.

Whatever happened to the Sunday Heritage tour? I did not catch it (logging on after a full 3 days away from TBHP). And still missing the pictures!!!!
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 11:56   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Guys, regret having missed you all. Was feeling a bit under the weather. Avi's prescription has worked well (wink, wink) but took all weekend and repeated doses, not that I am complaining. Hope we are still on for the meet this weekend, am all geared up. Let us decide a time and all.

Whatever happened to the Sunday Heritage tour? I did not catch it (logging on after a full 3 days away from TBHP). And still missing the pictures!!!!

Aah, the Sunday heritage tour turned into something after all.

2 Members and 1 Jr. member turned up and the meet turned into a Coffee at a 'established Hyderabadi joint' + browsing the old books bazaar on Abids + hunting for elusive monuments in Hyderabad day.

Nazim, Mihiran and I met at Taj Mahal, Abids and had a coffee at that hoary establishment while we cooled our heels to see if anyone else turned up. Once it was clear that no one else was up on that Sunday morning, we decided to stroll down Abids to look through the old books displayed on the footpath (again an old tradition in Hyderabad). Once done with the books we decided to do just one monument i.e. the Raymonds Tomb.

We had heard that it was in Asman Garh / Moosaram bagh / Saroornagar. A quick tour of Asman Garh (for that was where I remember it was) proved that the Monument was not there. Quick calls to Avi and Ram informed us that it was in Moosarambagh, so we crossed NH9 and went off into Moosarambagh and for good measure went into Amberpet too. Spent a good hour checking out the various colonies and gullies in Moosarambagh. Nazim checked the web on his phone and came up with Saroornagar according to Mapsofindia. So we were about to Saroornagar, when another link - this time an article by a child who visited the place put the elusive obelisk firmly behind the TV tower - Asmangarh! (My memory is still functioning somewhat).

So we pushed off to the TV tower and drove around it till we came to the Police Station, we asked the friendly policemen there where this monument was and were given precise instructions.

How to get there: Going from Malakpet, at the Asmangarh Signals, where the left goes to Amberpet - take a right and go into the lane next to Hotel Sham. The road is steep and climbs crazily, go all the way up and come down the other side. At the bottom of the hill take a left and proceed some 400 mts. Finally you will find a faded grey board pointing to a lane - the Mons Raymond Monument is at the end of that lane lined with houses.

Having enjoying the view from that hillock and having asked for the way to the Paigah Tombs, we set off to Kothi/Abids area for lunch. We polished off the Thalis (Rs.60/-) in Hotel Punjab, Tilak Rd. washed down with lassi and headed back home - having succesfully spent a Sunday doing what is truly an art form in Hyderabad - 1. Lazily shopped and chatted over a hot cuppa. 2. Hunted down the address of a long deceased citizen.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 12:07   #127
Team-BHP Support

Ravvs, your write-up implies both Hillram and Arun didnt turn up for this tour which is quite funny since it was their brain-child

Btw, did you have the special thali at hotel punjab? was it good?
Old 13th July 2009, 12:16   #128
Senior - BHPian

Avi...i didnt turn up with hillram jr as i was down with Gastroenteritis and my son was sick with high fever.You should have checked the facts before making fun of it.
Once you have a kid,you will know the responsibility.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:32   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Avi...i didnt turn up with hillram jr as i was down with Gastroenteritis and my son was sick with high fever.You should have checked the facts before making fun of it.
Once you have a kid,you will know the responsibility.
I didnt know the facts and as I told you i was just kidding in my usual way. Sorry about my comment
Old 13th July 2009, 12:34   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nazim..can u post the pics of Friday night please?
Ram,
I will post them tonight. I was not at home yesterday evening so, I was not able to post the pics!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 12:41   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Ram,
I will post them tonight. I was not at home yesterday evening so, I was not able to post the pics!
Where may I ask were you last evening pulsar? Itna busy ban gaye yaar. Weekends bhi busy eh?

Since I missed the meets, am even more anxious to see the pics, hence asked :-)
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 14:54   #132
Senior - BHPian

heheheee, me and hunturz went to our farm yesterday and had a blast on the highway chilled off in the afternoon at the farm house and in spite of being a bit sunny out there it was comfortable due to the winds.

No pics were taken, as I have forgot to buy batteries for my camera.

@all, friday's pic will be posted in a week's time. I gave the film for development on saturday and the scanning will take a week!!!(normally they collect the films for one week and get them scanned all at once so as to reduce the time for scanning)
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 15:00   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
No pics were taken, as I have forgot to buy batteries for my camera.

@all, friday's pic will be posted in a week's time. I gave the film for development on saturday and the scanning will take a week!!!(normally they collect the films for one week and get them scanned all at once so as to reduce the time for scanning)
Batteries for Camera? film for development? & then scan the pictures?
Raj, It's high time you upgraded your equipment!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 15:03   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No comments..........
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 16:09   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Batteries for Camera? film for development? & then scan the pictures?
yes sir, I preferred a camera which has manual settings and which can run on AA batteries. I can always buy them apart from the re-chargeable set.(unfortunately my cam requires 4 AA batteries)

Also regarding the film roll, if you remember I got a 60s Russian camera Zenit to the meet just for fun. Recently bought a 1965 Canon Canonet QL19 in US ebay and by the time I get my hands on it, I wanted to try hands on the manual camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Quote:
No comments..........
himanushu bhai, that was contextual.

EDIT: Just received the processed film and the scans. I thought, but it was a poor job. Probably you guys will kill me if I post all the pics. I will post some good ones(err... some which are visible)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 13th July 2009 at 16:13.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote