Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 11th August 2009, 12:01   #76
BHPian

where exactly is sunny da dhaba? i dodnt know this place.

We could take a drive have lunch, chit chat and drive back. no gathering in dense public areas like Bushi Dam of Tiger Hill, Tiger Point.

If Sunny da Dhaba is too public or crowded, then we should choose another location.

UM
Old 11th August 2009, 12:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
just read in news paper---

Lonavala mayor has requested tourist not to visit Lonavala on coming weekends and holidays due to swine flu.

Guys, think over to cancel this meet for sake of you and your family's health.
Thanks Ashish for sharing.

Throughly Disappointed i was planning to be there with my son & wife, but this is a serious cause of concern.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
just read in news paper---

Lonavala mayor has requested tourist not to visit Lonavala on coming weekends and holidays due to swine flu.

Guys, think over to cancel this meet for sake of you and your family's health.
Typical knee jerk reaction from our incompetent government. I still feel there is no reason the cancel the meet, and SunnyDaDhaba doesn't come in Lonavala jurisdiction anyways.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Typical knee jerk reaction from our incompetent government.
Why do you feel so ? I don't see any reason why a town that thrives on tourism on weekends and in the monsoon - should issue such a directive.

If that directive has been issued, there must be something really serious and besides it's always better to be safe than sorry, no ?

We can have the meet after a few weeks too.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Don't think of that maan...Im flying back to Dubai next week and would miss the meet if done so!!!
Old 11th August 2009, 14:38   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Why do you feel so ? I don't see any reason why a town that thrives on tourism on weekends and in the monsoon - should issue such a directive.

If that directive has been issued, there must be something really serious and besides it's always better to be safe than sorry, no ?

n_c I feel that more could be done to prevent all that is happening from happening. And now that chaos ensues they are just shutting everything down instead of educating the masses about the do's and don't. Do you really trust the government for your well being? Like everyone seems to agree that in India "defensive" driving is the way to go. I feel the same way about everything else. We gotta watch our own backs. For the government we are just a statistic, nothing more PERIOD.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
We gotta watch our own backs.
The way to watch your own back is not going to crowded places.

I'm out of the meet and so should the others.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:06   #83
BHPian

An isolated location is better.
Iam too out of this meet. Sorry guys.

Planning to head towards Nashik. Manas Hotels.

UM
Old 11th August 2009, 16:37   #84
Team-BHP Support

See the staff at the petrol pumps along the expressway. They are all wearing masks. I think it's our responsibility to keep ourselves at a safe distance from crowded areas unless extremely necessary.
And it's the responsibility of those infected not to venture out of their homes.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:59   #85
Senior - BHPian

I think we need to closely watch the situation for the next 48 hours and then decide about this meet. The H1N1 has just started and I think it's going to get much worse from here before it stabilises.

I also feel we should take the government's advise of avoiding unnecessary gatherings and public places for some time seriously.

I repeat, members with compromised immunity and those bringing kids should opt out of this meet.

Last edited by amit : 11th August 2009 at 17:05.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilb View Post
Don't think of that maan...Im flying back to Dubai next week and would miss the meet if done so!!!
Fly down for the meet man

ps - and remove Dubai from your location - you aint reached there yet.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:57   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The way to watch your own back is not going to crowded places.

I'm out of the meet and so should the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
See the staff at the petrol pumps along the expressway. They are all wearing masks. I think it's our responsibility to keep ourselves at a safe distance from crowded areas unless extremely necessary.
And it's the responsibility of those infected not to venture out of their homes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think we need to closely watch the situation for the next 48 hours and then decide about this meet. The H1N1 has just started and I think it's going to get much worse from here before it stabilises.

I also feel we should take the government's advise of avoiding unnecessary gatherings and public places for some time seriously.

I repeat, members with compromised immunity and those bringing kids should opt out of this meet.

I agree with you guys.

Lets re-schedule this meeting in order to avoid any mishappening at a later stage.

I am Sad
Old 11th August 2009, 18:12   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
On the contrary, this virus is much more deadly for the healthy and immune 18-40 year olds, more so than it is for kids and old people.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:49   #89
BANNED

Mates...

Been to lonavala on sunday . There is hardly any crowd. Roads are empty. Best option is postpone the meet without any further delay. Even lonawala civic body has issued notice to avoid visiting lonavala (Source: Todays DNA) considering long weekend.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:33   #90
BHPian

Guys we should seriously ponder over meeting at Lonavala considering touriests gathering and the low ambient temp. there which is actually favourable for spreading of H1N1 virus. As many of us mentioned in this thread that Lonavala civic body also requested people not to come there during the coming long weekend. Can we rescheudule it to some other place like Uran or Alibaug?
Closed Thread