Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Which SUNDAY suits you best? (you can select more than 1)
August 30th 7 15.22%
September 6th 13 28.26%
September 13th 17 36.96%
September 20th 24 52.17%
September 27th 8 17.39%
Aaarggghh! None. 3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st September 2009, 08:58   #271
BHPian

@gaddiwale: yup its the same car.. and its not louder than mine
how dare you say that

you should have heard my car in the tunnels sounded like a ferrari

@pranavt: should be fixable, but its cool.... i got a set of 5 so worst case i won't have a matching spare tyre.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 09:18   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
@gaddiwale: yup its the same car.. and its not louder than mine
how dare you say that

you should have heard my car in the tunnels sounded like a ferrari

@pranavt: should be fixable, but its cool.... i got a set of 5 so worst case i won't have a matching spare tyre.
A 4 cylinder banger sounding like a Ferrari? Dude, now you're pushing it
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 09:35   #273
BHPian

no seriously... ask spawnofsatan, DocG and Sha9mel
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 09:45   #274
BHPian

That Getz looked Terrible.

And to talk about 4 cylinder (Ferrari) City; well it was LOUD.

Pics from my side pending. Will post that tomorrow night when I am back to Pune. I am travelling today and tomorrow.

And well, I won't be posting Dostana pics; dont want infractions on my name . If anyone wants it, will mail it.

Last edited by advaitlele : 21st September 2009 at 09:46. Reason: added one more comment.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 09:53   #275
BHPian

Great meet guys! Nice meetn DocG (BANNED) lol, Pranav, UN, Sawnofsatan, Sprucegoose, Gaddiwale, Parimal & few other including the 2 guys from pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
no seriously... ask spawnofsatan, DocG and Sha9mel
@Sprucegoose : Yup!! that was loud. Did'nt realise a small tiny thing underneath your car could could make so much noise. Ohh!! BTW it was'nt until me & DocG realised while trailing your car that the small tiny thing was the exhaust.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd September 2009 at 20:05. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Sha09mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 11:17   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
That Getz looked Terrible.

And to talk about 4 cylinder (Ferrari) City; well it was LOUD.

Pics from my side pending. Will post that tomorrow night when I am back to Pune. I am travelling today and tomorrow.

And well, I won't be posting Dostana pics; dont want infractions on my name . If anyone wants it, will mail it.

I'm guessing there were only 2 guys in that Getz. Heard one of them askin the cops " Firebridage kab ayega", at the same time overheard another cop mumering to himself " Dame! It does'nt rain where it's suppose to rain". I guess that was not funny owing to the fact the getz owner moolah was up in flames.
I've attached the pics of the Getz inferno.

@UM, nice pics mate!!

Eagerly lookin forward for pics from your end. As for DOSTANA pics, that was the highlight of the whole meet..
Attached Thumbnails
20 September 2009 Drive to Lonavala - Pics & report on Pg 18-picture-001.jpg  

20 September 2009 Drive to Lonavala - Pics & report on Pg 18-picture-003.jpg  

Sha09mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:08   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
@Sprucegoose : Yup!! that was loud. Did'nt realise a small tiny thing underneath your could could make so much noise. Ohh!! BTW it was'nt until me & DocG realised while trailing your car that the small tiny thing was the exhaust.
haha, well the car sounded good only in the tunnels, it was a bit loud but not too bad. I think goose learned some very valuable lessons from yesterday's meet, such as avoiding potholes and his new love for DocG a.k.a. DocBanned

I do like what goose has done with his car and will be a great car in the near future, also thanks for driving !!
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:23   #278
BHPian

had loads of fun yesterday met a lot of new people. Meets more often??
paras211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:40   #279
BHPian

thanks for making it a good meet guys !! had loads of fun

more meets for sure : I don't mind driving down to mumbai for a meet if you guys plan to do something.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:53   #280
BHPian

the thread has become active after the meet,great will upload the pics soon.its was really great fun,with some good knowledge update on ICE thanks DocG,really loud cars great speeds,am really surprised the way my 63 bhp propel.and the Santro also.Waiting for Pics.And the drive back was also good due to the heavy rains.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:59   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Back from the drive, had a great time. Hope the rest of the people had a safe journey back home, my car aquaplaned badly, twice on the way back because of the rain.
Aquaplaned?!!! How? Old tyres, under inflated tyres or sudden braking at high speed on wet roads?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 14:10   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Aquaplaned?!!! How? Old tyres, under inflated tyres or sudden braking at high speed on wet roads?
Nah, completely fine tyres with 30psi in each, at speeds between 80-100 kph with no braking or steering. Could feel the steering become completely weightless and the front of the car almost drifting into the next lane a couple of times. Rains were VERY VERY heavy for a small stretch of about 8-10 kms.
Old 21st September 2009, 15:01   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Nah, completely fine tyres with 30psi in each, at speeds between 80-100 kph with no braking or steering. Could feel the steering become completely weightless and the front of the car almost drifting into the next lane a couple of times. Rains were VERY VERY heavy for a small stretch of about 8-10 kms.
The rain was really heavy for about 5mins, and what you explained, steering become completely weightless, i felt that too when the car went over 2 large puddles of water. Luckily i didn't drift to the next lane .

but surprisingly no-one slowed down. All the cars around kept doing 100/110+. good that heavy shower ended quickly.

UM

Last edited by UniqueMods : 21st September 2009 at 15:03.
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 15:01   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Scary stuff, thank god you didn't have to brake at that moment. Anyways, post a detailed write up and if you can tag the pics... i just know you, satan, goose and paras outta the bunch. I presume it's Unique Mods squatting by the car to change his tyre. And the rest?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 16:00   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Scary stuff, thank god you didn't have to brake at that moment. Anyways, post a detailed write up and if you can tag the pics... i just know you, satan, goose and paras outta the bunch. I presume it's Unique Mods squatting by the car to change his tyre. And the rest?
The rest of the people:
Attached Images