Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th September 2009, 15:29   #166
Team-BHP Support

How about a Haleem meet on Thur/Fri of this week?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 00:22   #167
Senior - BHPian

Thursday Im in...Friday I cant.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 09:48   #168
Team-BHP Support

Last evening me and Pulsar56 caught up briefly at Hyline Bakery as we both were parcelling the Haleem to be relished at home.

Yesterday, haleem from Hyline was not at it's best. I was not happy.

Nazim, what's your verdict on Haleem, Khubani ka Meetha? Also, how do you compare this to Sarvi?
Old 15th September 2009, 09:58   #169
Senior - BHPian

Last night I too was on Haleem ka Khoj (my Veg Haleem) and Pista House ran out of it.Came back home in dismay :-(
Old 15th September 2009, 12:29   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Last night I too was on Haleem ka Khoj (my Veg Haleem) and Pista House ran out of it.Came back home in dismay :-(
Sad to see that your quest for the veggie haleem is not being fulfilled. I never saw anywhere advertisements of Veg Haleem. Do let me know the places you get, would like to try once

Countdown to disappearance of Haleem as begun. Only 6 days left
Old 15th September 2009, 13:18   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nazim, what's your verdict on Haleem, Khubani ka Meetha? Also, how do you compare this to Sarvi?
Hyline haleem doesn't even come close to the taste of the Haleem at Bismillah on Road No. 10.
Khubani ka meetha was OK. There are lot of better places in Hyderabad.

Quote:
Ram, I am now interested in tasting the veg haleem!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 13:56   #172
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Hyline haleem doesn't even come close to the taste of the Haleem at Bismillah on Road No. 10.
Nazim bhai, so I am safely assuming that the ONE time that I had haleem was one of the best in hyderabad??
I had it from Bismillah on rdno: 10 . Had both chicken and mutton haleem, both was good.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 14:04   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Nazim bhai, so I am safely assuming that the ONE time that I had haleem was one of the best in hyderabad??
I had it from Bismillah on rdno: 10 . Had both chicken and mutton haleem, both was good.
Definitely! He sells off his Haleem well before Point pleasant and the one near him! Will try the chicken haleem today for the first time!

Also, try out the Haleem at Cafe 555 (masab tank) and Sarvi! (you only have 5-6 days left)
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 14:06   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
if you havent had haleem from Shadab and Shah Ghouse, then you haven't had haleem this season. Do give it a try, its an experience
Old 15th September 2009, 15:17   #175
Senior - BHPian

Veg Haleem is available from 5.30-6.30pm at Pista House in Four Seasons Complex, Mehdipatnam and it gets over very fast.So hurry hurry hurry.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:55   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Veg Haleem is available from 5.30-6.30pm at Pista House in Four Seasons Complex, Mehdipatnam and it gets over very fast.So hurry hurry hurry.
I wonder if anyone went there last night, and those who have can vouch for me. Veg haleem apparently was finished in a matter of few minutes. Every place in that complex was out of any kind of haleem in less that 2 hours.
Pista House got a truck load of haleem from its other location just to keep the business running. Truly a sight not to miss considering how serious hyderabadis are about their haleem. Maybe it was becasue it was the last friday before Eid. Cars werent even able to move an inch on that massive road and traffic was brought to a complete halt.

only 3 more days of haleem!!
discobiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 15:31   #177
Team-BHP Support

Last night gobbled down a couple of Haleems for the first time at 'Sarvi".
Intention was to have only one, but couldn't resist their taste and ended up consuming two

I found it one of the most delicious Haleems ever tasted. It's loaded with ghee, absolutely smooth, perfect texture ( right mixtures of meat and wheat) but flavour wise was not excellent but very very good. For flavour, i will hand it Shadab.

Nevertheless, Sarvi does serve ONE of the best if not the BEST haleem in town. I wont be surprised if they win the TOI contest even this year.

Ravvs, if you haven't tasted it, i urge you to try it, you won't be disappointed.
Old 19th September 2009, 17:09   #178
Senior - BHPian

Sarvi is tied for second spot, alongwith Shah Ghouse though the two are vastly different from each other - Shah Ghouse is the more rustic of the two and meatier in flavour, Sarvi is more rounded courtesy the extra ghee etc which both masks and compliments the meatiness. First this year is Shahdaab by a wide margin.

My only regret is not having the Harees from Asian this year.

Veg. haleem .... hmmmm......I reserve judgement till I taste it (I hope Hillram is listening). But, let me say that I am sceptical - sounds a bit like that old anecdotal ad in the matrimonial classifieds "young, innocent, virginal widow, 40 yrs ...."

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 11:41   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Veg. haleem .... hmmmm......I reserve judgement till I taste it (I hope Hillram is listening). But, let me say that I am sceptical - sounds a bit like that old anecdotal ad in the matrimonial classifieds "young, innocent, virginal widow, 40 yrs ...."
which is why I too haven't been as eager to try it out (besides the fact that having to commute that long and be stuck in waiting when I'm tired from work in the evenings, especially when I'm without a vehicle for now, isn't really my cup of kaapi).....'suspected it may turn out to be as disappointing as veg. biryani, which makes lean greenies like me practically stay away from biryani lifelong!

Anyways, I could request hillram to get an extra veg. haleem for me when/if he does get his hands on it!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 15:18   #180
Team-BHP Support

Agree only these 3 joints have made an impression this year :-

1. Shadaab
2. Shah Ghouze/Sarvi

Above can be juggled as per personal taste. However, i am keen to know what happened to other popular joints like Paradise, Garden, 4 Seasons, Pista House etc.

Who tasted the above 3 can only compare the above left out joints. Probably they are good but miles away from the Top 3

I reckon today is the last day for indulging in Haleem and i am already done with it due to the festival. I guess will have do wrap up this season with the Veg Haleem that Hillram will carry this evening ( hope it lives up to the expectations, atleast for the veg folks)