Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 10:37   #151
BHPian

I think the mods should give an infraction to Anil for hurting the stomachs of people who are fasting, by posting these pics in the morning. lols
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th September 2009, 10:37   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Glad you liked them, its way better in reality.

Sorry if i offended you bro, peace.
No offenses bro, perfectly fine.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:40   #153
Senior - BHPian

@Gogi sir and Sohail,

pics please.

@Anilkalwani,

bhai, after looking at pics, anyone becomes hungry.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Where is Gogi? No pics yet. The nan sanwiches and the rolls are to die for, sesriously

@anil: Your pics are making us want to go again
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:47   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
I think the mods should give an infraction to Anil for hurting the stomachs of people who are fasting, by posting these pics in the morning. lols
+1 to it, though am not fasting, but I have stopped eating meat, so he is hurting my sentiments as well making me think of what all am missing out.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 10:52   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
No offenses bro, perfectly fine.
Cool bro

Quote:
He he ya infract me, i respect the sanctity of ramadan bro, i respect your feelings but i got damn excited seeing this thread. Keeping an eye on this thread closely so that i don't miss out the next time on. I will make one more trip before the onset of Eid though, if anyone wants to join in, lets do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@Anilkalwani,

bhai, after looking at pics, anyone becomes hungry.
yes Ashish, and in reality, its close to heaven.

@dippy
I am game, count me in.

@srikanth
You are missing out on a lot bro, a lot!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 11th September 2009 at 10:58.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 11:26   #157

Great food , Great guys. Wonderful meet....thankyou team bhp
FrazerRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:00   #158
BHPian

Anil, the pic has doubled my hunger, nice scoop!!

Guyz who been to the meet, can you put down the names of the places visited and whats the specialty to try out there?

I missed this time but next year i'm in

Cheers~
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:09   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Great meet. There were 35+ guys at Ayubs and Crawford market. Due to someone accidently leaving his keys in his car, some of the guys were left behind. Then from there a few took their own route. At DD there were approx 22-23 persons who attended.
Met a lot of new guys, nice meeting you Shivshanker, Genesis at a whole lotta guys. Pdev and Adman77 great to see you after a long time.

Sorry guys, was a bit preoccupied. Will put up the pics soon.
Meanwhile keep salivating.

Quote:
Great meet, great food, Great people. God No sleep, bad day, too much food. By the way what time did you guys make it home.

Reached at 2 slept till got up at 4.30, hogged , slept, then up by 8.30, Damm sleepy now, Feeling hungry too???

It was nice Meeting, everyone, to name them ramie and his Bro, Genesis and his friend, Srikanth, Gogi sir, Manmeet, gautam, tejas, karthick, dippy, arpand, leadfoot, Rehaan, aditya, Speedy uncle (hehe), and the others, cant remember any more names.

Pics Please *yaaawwwn*
You are serious?? You hogged after all this. Man i salute you but i guess you would have to as the whole day you would be fasting. Thanks for showing us the bye lanes and how to negotiate them bro. Love to Amaan.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:17   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
You are serious?? You hogged after all this. Man i salute you but i guess you would have to as the whole day you would be fasting. Thanks for showing us the bye lanes and how to negotiate them bro. Love to Amaan.
I had to gogi sir, warna ghar ka khana waste ho jata and Wifey and mom would have fired me lols. Thanks a lot gogi sir for the love to Amaan.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:34   #161
BANNED

Oye Gogi, Where are the Pictures?? I thought they would have been up by now!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 17:36   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Where is Gogi? No pics yet. The nan sanwiches and the rolls are to die for, sesriously
Tell me about it man! NC could not stop raving about the Nan sandwiches and Idris cold drink house when I met him for lunch yesterday.
Gogi/Sohail, any directions to the Nan sandwich joint, do they parcel?

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 23:58   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great meet. There were 35+ guys.....................

Sorry guys, was a bit preoccupied. Will put up the pics soon.
Meanwhile keep salivating.
Gogi Chief, Official photographer, Ring Leader, Driver, Organser, Entertainer, Administrator............and with many more titles to go, we are still waiting for the pictures

Must say.......Great meet, friends and food............was something that will be remembered.
Cheers to Team- Bhp!

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-image2304.jpg

Last edited by President : 12th September 2009 at 00:01.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 02:12   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Default The Great Ramadaan Fod Trail.

Thanks for the pic Ronnie.

Now i must start hitting the gym, i can see how many pounds ive packed in (no not referring to the food).

So guys the post will be split in many posts as there are many pics. Unfortunately could not take a lot of action pics of the food as camera battery was acting up.

We all gathered at the Kala Ghoda Parking lot and decided to move on to Ayub's on foot since we were quite a crowd. Besides the usual suspects there was Speedy, Shiv Shanker, Genesis, Screwsgoose and a whole lot of guys. Sory if i cant remember your names buddies. ( Please no offence meant but i am not known for my memory.)

We walked doen the lane in between Khyber Restaurant and Rhythym House, past the synagogue, past the lane on the left which leads to Trishna restaurant and reached the intersection where one can see only one big lit board at night, in an otherwise deserted place.... we are at Ayub's. You cant miss this place.

We are joinded there by Leadfoot, Frazer Razor aka Sean Ramie anna aka Ramie and his brother Amarjit with some friends. Pdev29 aka Devang and Adman77 aka Chetan joined us here too.

At Ayub's

At Ayub's one orders the Boti roll or a Mutton Sheekh roll if one is a non vegetarian and a Paneer Tikka roll or a Tandoori Alu/ Mushroom or an Egg roll if one is a veggie. He has a clean kitchen which you can see and he is known for his rolls so avoid eating anything else like a Biryani (available only on Saturdays and Sundays). One may order a Paneer Bhurji or a Chicken Bhuna with Rumali Roti if one was the gravy/masala types but i would recommend only the rolls here. Available from 7ish every evening, Ayub's operates till 3.00ish every night, weekends probably later. The owner tells me that the secret of his rolls is that he uses a whole wheat roti to wrap the food in. Hmmmm whatever he uses, its great.

The wrap contains of a barbecued meat or vegetable spread on the roti, lined with two chutneys, a green mint one and the other a tangy tamarind one and topped with fresh cut onions. This is then rolled and served to you to eat. I avoid the two chutneys as they vary each day in their pungency and piquancy, making it too spicy one day and too sour the other. The best is to tell him to avoid both and just go with the onions and chaat masala. I have it like that. One can easily polish two to three rolls if hungry. Most of us had one each. Total Damages 950 including tips.

At Ayub's the roll walla - Fireblader85 aka Kartik aka Dippy ka Chotta Bhai (stop the naughty thinking), Arpandiv, Rehaan, Tejas, Screwsgooze aka Shekhar. They can hear Dippy but "where is he.....??"

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07571-large.jpg

Someone shouted "Neeche Dekho...Neeche"...."Ah...There he is" Dippy was found standing amidst everybody. Everyone is happy to have found Dippy.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07572-large.jpg

Arpan seems very happy with the outcome... Why is he blushing??

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07573-large.jpg

Aditya, Cyrus43 aka Rudy in his unique 3/4ths, Shivshanker, President aka Ronnie

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07574-large.jpg

Loved Rudy's shorts. Novel way of using old bedsheets. Rudy tells us that he has some made of old Pajamas, cut at the knee length. Waiting to see those. Thanks for the tip Rudy

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07581-large.jpg

Amongst all this we hear an engine roar followed by some very heavy breathing, the kind one attributes with an obscene phone caller....turning around we are shocked to see a Darth Vader Double and what is Addy doing following him like R2D2??

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07575-large.jpg

The helmet off, reveals a visibly relieved Manson aka Manmeet. Probably the Helmet was restricting his breath. The roar was from his superbike.
NC takes a relief swig of water. SohailPistawala aka Sohail Pistawala aka Raju Guide chats with Ronnie

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07578-large.jpg

Speedy's aka Abhishek's back looks like thats the only area the rain Gods have visited. While Rudy looks sweetly and admiringly at Addy, the conversation goes on. The Rolls are ordered... to individual tastes

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07577-large.jpg

The first roll arrives. This was meant for Ronnie who after an Insulin shot has still not eaten a morsel in more than an hour. Ronnie please stop being so careless regarding your health.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07579-large.jpg

Abhishek swears by his Veg. Roll....or is he threatening Kartik with it???

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07580-large.jpg

Time to move on but not without a souvenir pic. Most of us gather around for a group pic. Mind you here were a few who were away while the pic was being taken. Count the guys, there were at least 10-12 more.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07584-large.jpg
Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07583-large.jpg

Looking like a startup line at a night speed run hai na? Manson gets into his Darth Vader Avatar and revvs his bike he is leaving for home. Sohail and Manson head out of the street followed by Adman77, Pdev and the guys in the black RS while Ramieanna cheers them on.
The guy had ridden all the way from Bandra to just met us. He was not going to join us from Ayub's onwards. Thanks for coming mate.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07586-large.jpg

Speedy and Manson take off home from here. We get into our cars and head towards Crawford Market parking lot to get a taste of the Sheekh Kebab walla there.

One walks into the Sadanand Restaurant lane and diagonally opposite it in the lane is a Cafe Firdous. Just outside this place is small obscure shop that turns into a Sheekh Paratha joint in the evenings. This is a strictly no frills place which serves only sheekh kebabs barbequed before your very eyes and served directly on your plate from the grill. They say the combination to eat with this is the deep fried paratha. It is rather a giant puri, highly avoidable. If you must ask for pao and have it with the sheekh. Served with mint chutney and freshly sliced onions and fresh sprigs of mint, it is one of the most delectable sheekhs i have ever had. highly recommended but beware, on normal days, he shuts by around 9:30-10:00 as his food runs out. We sadly found that this was no different. He had closed shop an hour before we got there at 11.15 p.m. Sad. Sorry guys.

We take a pic at the spot.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07587-large.jpg

Notice the empty cart where the kebab grill would rest when operative.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07588-large.jpg

For the those who came in late, i have a pic from the last Ramadaan's food trail. Please check out the same place and how the kebabs look. Trust me they are Delicious, melt in the mouth and a Must Try when here in the evenings 7:00 P.M. onwards, till stocks last.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc04675-large.jpg

We Walk past the famed Badshah Col Drink House famed for its various faloodas. The one to have here is their most famous and the least complicated of them all The Royal Falooda. We gave this the miss....

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07589-large.jpg

But guess which two from the group went ahead and shared one. Yes both these guys should be avoiding sugar but .... anyways, at least they stuck to sharing one only.

Mumbai - Ramadaan Meet 2009 EDIT: 9th Sept-dsc07590-large.jpg

For those who dont know what a Falooda is, it is a large table sppon of thick Sev or Falooda they serve with kulfi topped with a good measure (around 60-80 ml) of rose syrup, topped with a scoop of ice cream and then topped with some cracked ice and Subja/Takmaria seeds. These are nothing but Basil Seeds. The whole concoction is heavenly. I usually have mine without the Falooda (ironical isnt it? "Ek Falooda dena Falooda ke binah" No, you just say you dont want the "Sev") and the taste depends onthe quality of the Rose syrup. No you cant replace Rooh Afzah with the rose syrup. That would be blasphemy.

..... to be continued.....

Last edited by V-16 : 12th September 2009 at 02:13.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 02:48   #165
BANNED

Ahh!! gogi At his best!! A couple of people who were surely missed were Sam and Zavhoe!! Hope you guys can make it next time!! I am dreading your description of the drive from Bachelors back to KAla Ghoda though, where a few unfortunate events occurred to a certain Arpan!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 12th September 2009 at 02:49.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote