Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 27th October 2009, 12:29   #271
BHPian

I have to drop out unfortunately. Have fun.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:34   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
My status changed from Confirmed to Tentative
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
I have to drop out unfortunately. Have fun.
Kya bhai log, aisa karoge tho kaisa? Alright, enjoy the pictures then
Old 27th October 2009, 12:37   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Kya bhai log, aisa karoge tho kaisa? Alright, enjoy the pictures then
Cursing the client now. Enjoy the lunch dear all and have fun. Missing the magical moment and the action at SAZIO. Avi Bhai, write a summary of the happenings including the funny moments you guys have had there.
Old 27th October 2009, 16:29   #274
Team-BHP Support

1. Mobike008
2. Hillram
3. Bblost
4. Pulsar56
5. Anurag_p80 + 1
6. Suren181
7. Ravveendra
8. Ardy
9. Gajadonga
10. Swordfish
11. Potlaravi
12. hyd_traveller
13. Hunterz
14. Prabhu (Most of you have met him earlier)
15. Tiger

Total Headcount : 16 ( They all came for this lunch meet)

Back after a satiated lunch. Opps, it was not satiation at it's best in the 1st round but had to bank on a 2nd around and then wrap it up with a dessert to "feel" satiatied.

At the outset, i must confess the ambience of Sazio is lovely, tons of greenery, nice curving pathway to the main entrance with a bit of landscaping done on both sides and interiors are airy and pleasant. However, the suprising factor was we were the "ONLY" folks there for lunch except maybe 1-2 individuals trickling in and out. And, come to think of it, i was thinking of calling them ahead !!!

Food was average and portions were horrendously small. Some of us passionate food lovers like me, Suren181 and Hillram were totally disappointed and took a trifecta vow that we won't go back.

I am surprised Bblost visited that place thrice. Like he rightly said, you need 2 dishes per person to feel like you had a snack...LOL

Allright, coming back to festivites, we all met up at Hydeez standard time which was around 1:00pm and it was really nice to meet the new folks ( Gajadonga, Swordfish, Hyd_Traveller, Potlaravi). Incidentally, only Gajadonga and Hyd_Traveller happen to come from a different profession than the lot of us. Ofcourse, we have our Ravvs and Suren181 too !!!!

Downsouth, you ditched us and poof went our hopes of photo sessions.

However, Swordfish immediately came to rescue and fished out his HTC phone which fortunately had a good resolution camera and we had no other option but make it do photo-taking duty.

Hey Swordfish, look forward to you posting the pictures ASAP ( not like the ASAP we use in IT companies..hehehe)

We spent a good 2 hours over a liesurely lunch ( not by choice though) since it was evident despite the warnings of tornados hitting them they seemed a bit ill-prepared and were serving in installments.

Suren, i loved the unique color combination and wheels of Prabhu's Skoda. It stands out !! My compliments to Prabhu for his work

Overall, it was a fun couple of hours and much needed respite from our laborious, tension-filled, back-breaking work routine

This meet was a sign-off to October'09 and I propose Nov'09 meets to continue have the same heady ingredients---Drive/Dinner/Lunch

Let the ideas flow junta and catch you on the next one... Cheerio !!!
Old 27th October 2009, 17:55   #275

Default Hyd Lunch Meet Pictures

Hi All,

It was really good meeting a lot of team-bhp hyd members.
It is my first meet and hope I will join you folks in the future meets.

Mobike008 has posted the list of members who came, attaching the pictures!
(The place (Sazio) was very nice in terms of greenary and sit-out --- the food didn't match the place though.)

And for everyone who came to the meet, again, it was nice meeting you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0128.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0130.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0131.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0132.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0133.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0138.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0140.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0141.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0142.jpg  

Hyderabad: Sep'09 and Oct'09 Meets-imag0143.jpg  

Old 27th October 2009, 19:18   #276
BHPian

nice pics junta! i loved prabhu's skoda ,it stands out for sure.

did i also spot hillram's 86/87 maruti dx( the sticker job sure indicates that ride is hillram's)

somehow no pictures of the food( pandey style)

i had a different picture about sazio though ,the seatings outside would be the best place to be around rather than the interiors!

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 27th October 2009 at 19:21.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:33   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
nice pics junta! i loved prabhu's skoda ,it stands out for sure.

did i also spot hillram's 86/87 maruti dx( the sticker job sure indicates that ride is hillram's)

somehow no pictures of the food( pandey style)

i had a different picture about sazio though ,the seatings outside would be the best place to be around rather than the interiors!
The paint job on the skoda is really cool.
Whats Pandey style? Didnt get that. - btw, we just had snacks. consider it that way.

You are right about the sazio seating. If there is shade, the outside seating is cool, inside feels nothing different.
Old 27th October 2009, 20:17   #278
BHPian

Thanks to one and all. Looking forward for more meets will all you guys
Thanks for posting Pics Swordfish.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:34   #279
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for posting the pictures Swordfish !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
nice pics junta! i loved prabhu's skoda ,it stands out for sure.did i also spot hillram's 86/87 maruti dx( the sticker job sure indicates that ride is hillram's) somehow no pictures of the food( pandey style)

Rajesh Bhai, NY mein baithe baithe meet enjoy kar rahe ho kya? No pictures of food because of 2 reasons :-

1. Food was coming in installments
2. Quantity of food was so small, i doubt it will fit into the frame

And, imagine we shelled out Rs.4k+ for snacks...shudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Whats Pandey style? Didnt get that. - btw, we just had snacks. consider it that way.
My style is to depict food in pictorial fashion but alas, it couldnt happen this time
Old 27th October 2009, 21:46   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for posting the pictures Swordfish !!!

Rajesh Bhai, NY mein baithe baithe meet enjoy kar rahe ho kya?
Actually Avi, bechara HRH RR is very pareshan in NY- he may have to take some Russian classes soon, agar maamla aise he chalta raha!
Old 27th October 2009, 21:56   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Actually Avi, bechara HRH RR is very pareshan in NY- he may have to take some Russian classes soon, agar maamla aise he chalta raha!
47th street mein aag lagi hui hai suna mai? Apart from russian he may have to take lebanese lessons too from what i know from him.

Rajesh bhai, dump your project plan and run for these tuitions. I am sure you will win bigger deals than your project, if you know what i mean

Btw, Himanshu, kahan ho? ata pata nahi?
Old 27th October 2009, 22:13   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
47th street mein aag lagi hui hai suna mai? Apart from russian he may have to take lebanese lessons too from what i know from him.

Rajesh bhai, dump your project plan and run for these tuitions. I am sure you will win bigger deals than your project, if you know what i mean

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like his 2-year itch will be satisfied if he takes those classes, what say?
Old 27th October 2009, 22:14   #283
Senior - BHPian

Guys..Nice meet in the beginning of the week and for me it was first time I had to travel from mid town as opposed to have bene present in Hitech city environs,as my new office is in Punjagutta.But my newly done up Suzuki SS 80 (Rajesh Bhai,you correctly noticed from NY..lol) brought me to Sazio in 20 mins.

Well for me the disappointment started with the entree drink-Litche Swirl which was water colours splashed and dashed into ice.it tasted more like rang-pani.
at 1400 hrs,power went off to make us hastly exit into outer area of Sazio and then the disappointment startedin this order:
1. Veg Steaks came last (after 9 Lamb steaks were served continuously)..which meant "Mary had many LITTLE lambs"

2. When Lambsteaks arrived there was a "liliput" version of quantity that could be pitch forked in one attempt to be gobbled.

3.Veg steaks arrived with a Patty floating on a Tomato puree and I swear I would have needed at 4-5 portions of the Veg steaks to make my hunger disappear.

4. Dessert was a chocolate mousse which i scooped with a tea spoon in one attempt and the entire mousse disappeared into my mouth.The bowl in which the mousse was served,was in an unfriendly dimension to even lick it !!!!

I had to order for Veg Sandwiches (as opposed to Non-vegetarians who got Club Sandwiches) and settled for mayonnaise and Sandwiches and a second round of Lemon pie,which was the salvation for this teeny-weeny feast we had.

I came back to office and tried to google what Sazio stood for.With no clear result coming out,i concluded it meant Half Size,at least thats how we got our portions of food there !!!

I doubt whether i will ever go to Sazio or will recommend to anyone.

It was nice to meet new members to our meets Gaja Donga (who will hence forth treat all Hyd T-Bhpians for gastric problems through PMs),Sword Fish,Potla Ravi,Hyd Traveller.
It was good to see Hunterz after long time and he still drives his Palio.Time to upgrade to Linea mate.
As usual the guest of day was Prabhu with is psychedellic alloyed Skoda,which stole the show.It was a pleasure to share the Veg steaks with him.

I returned to office and tried to google as to what Sazio exactly stood for.With no clear result obtained,i concluded Sazio stood for Half Size,atleast thats how we got our portions of food today !!!

Last edited by hillram : 27th October 2009 at 22:19.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:19   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

earning my living for a change ....neckdeep in work....am in office right now as well
Old 27th October 2009, 22:21   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like his 2-year itch will be satisfied if he takes those classes, what say?
Venu, I can imagine Rajesh replying saying sugar and ghee in your mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
1. Veg Steaks came last (after 9 Lamb steaks were served continuously)..which meant "Mary had many LITTLE lambs"

2. When Lambsteaks arrived there was a "liliput" version of quantity that could be pitch forked in one attempt to be gobbled.

4. Dessert was a chocolate mousse which i scooped with a tea spoon in one attempt and the entire mousse disappeared into my mouth.The bowl in which the mousse was served,was in an unfriendly dimension to even lick it !!!!

I came back to office and tried to google what Sazio stood for.With no clear result coming out,i concluded it meant Half Size,at least thats how we got our portions of food there !!!
Ram, I am totally ROTFLO.

Very aptly described and the way you put it was simbly hilarious. In quote above, I retained the portions i loved of your description and highlighted the one which made me roll on the floor, ofcourse with laughter

Thanks for this dose, i can sleep well tonight..Haha !

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th October 2009 at 22:26.
Closed Thread