Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2009, 10:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Fordmanchau, thanks for your wishes, yes Kuntala Waterfalls sounds like fun. But, i leave to you to figure out how we are going to wake up our lazy Hydeez folks at 6AM to make a day trip to this destination. Do you have any ideas??? LOL
hmmm..I think this would be a nice change from NSD and Srisailam which most of us have done already many times.
I don't think there are good accomodation available that side for a overnight trip. Let's float the idea and check for the responses.Out of 250kms , 210 being on NH7, you guys with Pete's and K&N can rip your car too .
May be I'll be going there this sunday, if at all it happens, though thinking of it seriously, will update.
Old 18th September 2009, 10:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Those waterfalls are about 270 Km away so we would have to leave before 6.00.
Cheers,
True, but nearly 70% is 4-laned, so covering that distance in 4 hours seems feasible.
With Monday Sep 21st being a holiday, I am getting tempted to give it a try---those waterfalls wont last long as the monsoon is almost over.
What say, guys?
Old 18th September 2009, 10:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
True, but nearly 70% is 4-laned, so covering that distance in 4 hours seems feasible.
With Monday Sep 21st being a holiday, I am getting tempted to give it a try---those waterfalls wont last long as the monsoon is almost over.
What say, guys?
Venu sir, are you seriously thinking of going this sunday?
Old 18th September 2009, 10:40   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Hahaha....now I wonder who is going to pay to see Avinash in a Bikini. NC kahaan hai?:P
tsk tsk, then according to your thought process, Anushka will feature in a Burkha. Dude, reverse that thought process, its destructive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hmmm..I think this would be a nice change from NSD and Srisailam which most of us have done already many times.
I don't think there are good accomodation available that side for a overnight trip. Let's float the idea and check for the responses.Out of 250kms , 210 being on NH7, you guys with Pete's and K&N can rip your car too .
May be I'll be going there this sunday, if at all it happens, though thinking of it seriously, will update.
Good on you. Update us how's the road and what facilities are available apart from those glorious waterfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Venu sir, are you seriously thinking of going this sunday?
How can he? he is booked for the evening. Venu, are you forgetting something?
Old 18th September 2009, 11:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Err, you are right Avi. Plain forgot that it was on a Sunday.

Perhaps we could do the waterfall trip on Monday,if it is a holiday for all.
Only flip side is that there seem to be no food joints near that place---walking up 400 steps after a tiring swim will make you feel like eating a tiger---and you have nothing till Nirmal, which is 40 kms away.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Only flip side is that there seem to be no food joints near that place---walking up 400 steps after a tiring swim will make you feel like eating a tiger---and you have nothing till Nirmal, which is 40 kms away.
What is this all about? Pandey ji, you shouldn't have reminded Venu sir of it(whatever it is). I don't have a off on Monday. So will try doing it on sunday itself.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Venu Bhai, Anna, bhratashri, dada, veerji, etc.etc. pray tell me how you intend to manage this trip on Monday after Sunday night? going by past experience, we would normally reach back home from Sunday night's events with the milkman on monday morning
Old 18th September 2009, 13:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Cool Ardy, you too not sleeping and on tbhp? Btw, it does not show for oneself but you can check for others. Is that correct?

Edit: Yes, i just saw that. Never ventured so indepth..thanks guys
Well, taking time difference advantage. Travelling and so it looks like I am on TBHP late in the night.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Venu Bhai, Anna, bhratashri, dada, veerji, etc.etc. pray tell me how you intend to manage this trip on Monday after Sunday night? going by past experience, we would normally reach back home from Sunday night's events with the milkman on monday morning
Good question----I was plain carried away by the photos of that trip to the waterfalls! Now I can recollect what is in store!
Old 18th September 2009, 14:22   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I have already told our milkman to take the day off on Monday since i will be doing the honours that day (err, early mornng). Needless to say he is pleased to no extent
Old 18th September 2009, 14:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Aaj kal, sab log doodh wale kyon ban rahe hai? Why wake up so early in the morning while you can wait for the sun to set before you open your eyes?

Can we visit the falls on the next weekend (28th is a holiday)?
Old 18th September 2009, 14:40   #57
BHPian

Now, now whats this talk about mornings and milkmen? The milkman in my locality comes in at midnight at say 06:30 hrs. So where is the question of seeing him when one is fast asleep?

You guys are really crazy I say, and sleep deprived for sure, for waking up midnight just to say hello to your crazy milkman who comes in at midnight.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:45   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Now, now whats this talk about mornings and milkmen? The milkman in my locality comes in at midnight at say 06:30 hrs. So where is the question of seeing him when one is fast asleep?

You guys are really crazy I say, and sleep deprived for sure, for waking up midnight just to say hello to your crazy milkman who comes in at midnight.
Going by that equation, then what is planned should continue past "
Midnight" until wee hours of the morning which i assume is around "12PM Afternoon" Hope this time i got it right?
Old 18th September 2009, 14:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Quote:
Hope this time i got it right?
I hope your Home-ministers are not reading this thread!
Old 18th September 2009, 14:59   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I hope your Home-ministers are not reading this thread!
I have hidden this thread from prying eyes

OT: This topic reminds me of my college days in pune when 11 hour stints were common. Our get togethers use to start at 7pm and end at 6-7am after having idli/vada sambhar and then hitting the bed
Closed Thread