Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2009, 14:35   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Are you sure its sq.ft or sq.hectares that you will need?
A few Sq. Hectares should be good, given I would get to strech a bit atleast and be at leisure, while travelling.

Quote:
Since you live in Vijaynagar colony, why dont you hook up with Hillram and hop into his ride? or you need to come all the way to Himayathnagar
I'm at Kothapet Residence as of now, so HimayatNagar should be close by. Will either hop-in @ ur Place or will join you all at Shoppers Stop.

Last edited by traveloholic : 5th December 2009 at 14:37.
Old 5th December 2009, 14:37   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, as some of you know, RR is going to be in town from Sunday evening onwards until next sunday on a vacation. So it goes without saying we will have a Bar-One meet sometime middle of next week ( Wednesday) or so.

What say Rajesh bhai?
B-one was not a comfy experience last time around if i recall correctly. Maybe we can try to 10-D and enjoy the music/experience coz wednesday is Karaoke night i think.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:20   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Lol..Raveendra,you are undispudetly confused.By any chance have you already reached 15000 ft above MSL?

Guys..more confirmations for the Drive to come in.Btw we are all wearing the White T-Shirts for Sunday,so grab your ones.
LOL Ram, you bet I am CONFUSED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post

....Again,perfect menagerie by Avi for organising the Tees. ...

Menagerie means a zoo, a collection of animals or even a collection of unusual and varied people. (The last is something I learnt last night while looking up Menagerie Definition | Definition of Menagerie at Dictionary.com).

Remember the "Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams, that was where I first came across the word and for some reason, it stuck in my mind that is otherwise thick as a brick.

Incidentally my normal cruising alt. = 30000 ft.

All in for the drive tomorrow and I shall collect my 2 t-shirts when we meet.

Cheers,
Old 5th December 2009, 18:02   #379
Senior - BHPian

Guys, situation is a bit tense in Hyderabad. I think we should re-consider the meet!!
Old 5th December 2009, 18:06   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Guys, situation is a bit tense in Hyderabad. I think we should re-consider the meet!!
.Just came back from Jeedimetla, roads are clear, not too much traffic. Ideal for a drive
Old 5th December 2009, 19:35   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
.Just came back from Jeedimetla, roads are clear, not too much traffic. Ideal for a drive
Will the dhabhas be open tomorrow??

And we did not knew what would be situation today in the afternoon till 1:00PM in the Ameerpet - Panjagutta. We may not know what would be the situation on the Shamirpet road. Mind you this road leads to Karimnagar. And we have seen earlier that busses on the highways have been targeted(today they have even attacked some cars. I am suggesting keeping the safety of all of us).

EDIT:
And how did we miss this - Tomorrow section 144 is imposed. Period.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 5th December 2009 at 19:38.
Old 5th December 2009, 19:59   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Will the dhabhas be open tomorrow??

And we did not knew what would be situation today in the afternoon till 1:00PM in the Ameerpet - Panjagutta. We may not know what would be the situation on the Shamirpet road. Mind you this road leads to Karimnagar. And we have seen earlier that busses on the highways have been targeted(today they have even attacked some cars. I am suggesting keeping the safety of all of us).

EDIT:
And how did we miss this - Tomorrow section 144 is imposed. Period.
Anna what is the problem? Why so much speculation? If things are bad in the morning - we will cancel. If things are OK we will move. If dhabhas are closed we will come back.

144 is imposed in Hyderabad city limits - this means assembly of 4 or more people without prior permission is prohibited, this cannot be read to mean that people cannot meet anywhere.

BTW is KCR dead or alive?

Cheers,
Old 5th December 2009, 20:34   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

BTW is KCR dead or alive?

Cheers,
All I can say is every Political moron is alive. Actually the biggest of them is in ICU in NIMS for low BP. His cronies created a harakiri in Punjagutta X Roads in the afternoon but everything is back to normalwith all shops open albeit is light footfalls.

I agree with you, if things are too bad, we can cancel the meet but then we will be playing onto the hands of these goons who having nothing better to do just want to disrupt life of normal public. The biggest snub that the people of Hyderabad can do to these political morons is to carry on with their normal life and give two hoots to them.

I'm really irritated

My 2 cents

P.s.: I have normal cable and not DTH and all entertainment channels are blanked out except news. I so wish some moron dies

Last edited by MileCruncher : 5th December 2009 at 20:35.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:21   #384
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everybody,
Collected my T from Hillram's sir place in evening at Masab Tank. Met Pandeyji and Hillram sir. Got to see his fleet. I was just standing there and admiring his collection. It was great to see his 1st gen corrolla, corona, Corsa , the ss80, fiat and all this two wheeler collection. All in such a wonderful condition. Hats off to you sir.
T-shirt is nice. Looks cool.
Situation looks tense in hyderabad. I was wondering why all the shops shutter were half down till I read the news about vandalism in panjagutta and ameerpet by TRS men.
Guys keep updating about the drive .
Old 5th December 2009, 21:33   #385
Senior - BHPian

@Raveendra..Menagerie comes from the French verb: Menager = To Manage.Incidentally the word management is a derivative of this francophonie.
Another classic example is menage a trois,which means multi tasking in a way,again this can be attributed to Avi's management skills.So the Zoo confusion can be dismissed and hope this brings confusion to ground level.

Plan of Action for tomorrow:
- I dont mind venturing out for the meet.
(Im more curious to see Avi's Viva after it got a new shine).
- Sporting equipment is definitly out.
- If Dhabas are closed,cant we find a single eatery?

@Avi,Nikhil..thanks for dropping in at my place this evening for a mini meet.Enjoyed the time,with you folks around.
Old 6th December 2009, 09:21   #386
BHPian

Folks , I've received news that AP -7 and AP-16 cars are being targeted . The rest of you'll should be safe enough as long as the group doesn't look like a convoy and the cops stop you'll just for query your motives.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:00   #387
Senior - BHPian

Default We Are ON!!!

Just had a chat with Avi. We are on for the drive. See you all at 11 at the rendezvous point
Old 6th December 2009, 12:03   #388
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I am flying back to Hyd from BLR, and will reach Shamshabad airport at 1045 pm. Are cabs plying? Do I need to avoid any routes on my way to Somajiguda?

Thanks,
Old 6th December 2009, 12:10   #389
BHPian

I'd suggest taking the Airport Aerobus if possible Venu sir . Should be a safer option . Cabs will in all probability not be plying legally today since public transport is a strict no no.

Edit : Just noticed you said 10:45pm . There should be no hassles at that time at all . Bandh is normally effective from 9am-4pm.
Old 6th December 2009, 16:49   #390
Team-BHP Support

Folks, we had a nice drive despite the unrest in the city. I think we fall in the "What is Fear" category.......eh?

We experienced some TRS activists going on rampage on the highway towards Shamirpet stopping cars and smearing black paint on number plates etc. so we took a U-turn and spent quite some time on the highway as most dhabas including Alankrita was closed.

After some chat, picture session etc, we headed back towards the city and spent more than a liesurely hour over lunch at Jeet's Kitchen in Vikrampuri.

Their food was surprisingly good and we all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and called it a day at 3:00pm.

Sorry for such a short report but too lazy after that lovely lunch...burrrp. Allow me to post some snaps compensate for the same.

Since my camera's AF ain't working so bear with some un-intentional soft focused pictures and quite of few of them have been deliberately PS'd to soft focus to go with my theme of camera's auto-focus not working...

Enjoy !!!
Attached Images

Closed Thread