Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Dates for T-BHP Auto Expo Meet
8th January 2010 Friday 13 16.25%
9th January 2010 Saturday 34 42.50%
I am in - Any date is fine - Just tell me the Venue ! 33 41.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd January 2010, 16:06   #181
Senior - BHPian

I also want to come. Where's the chairperson of meet management committee i.e. Ishan? Organize something man.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:41   #182
BHPian

Am in too! Nikunj Goyal here..

Also please suggest on this topic as it is related.. It would be great if i could get an early reply!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-tg-delhi.html (BHPians in Top Gear.. Team-BHP interaction with TG in Delhi)

Cheers!
silentscreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:33   #183
Senior - BHPian

I just got a PM from Deky ( Dhiraj ) who suggests us something for the meet. Just pasting it right from the PM.

It is a great idea and I am ready.

Hi Varun!!!

The build up to this meet is very exciting, specially organising the food part, something I would really love to do. Unfortunately I would not be able to join but if you may allow me, I have a suggestion to make.

Caterer for 20-25 pax will turn out to be really expensive, instead you guys could do the following;-

1. hire a bbq grill with coal.
2. individual members take up responsibility to marinate veg & non veg items. for eg one could marinate paneer, 2nd could marinate chicken, 3rd could marinate lamb chops..and so on. And carry the marinated items to the farm house(you could pm me for simple marinations)
3. some one else could be assigned to carry green chutney.
4.. grill the items and enjoy them hot
5. carry disposable plates/spoons/glasses
6. If you want dinner after snacks, one person could carry makhani dal and during dinner time you just need to order roti then from a dhaba/restaurant around.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice. Good luck
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This is not personal and no offence is meant here but IMHO the above is the worst example that can be set up by any of us as members of Team bhp that is dedicated to all things automotive.

Other commitments, being out of town, last moment developments etc etc are understandable but being 50:50 simply due the distance involved should make us think.

Having said that it does go to your credit for being upfront.
By distance i think he meant driving back late at night with the kind of foggy situation that we have been lately experiencing in Delhi.

I might be wrong in saying this but just thinking loud.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 00:57   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This is not personal and no offence is meant here but IMHO the above is the worst example that can be set up by any of us as members of Team bhp that is dedicated to all things automotive.

Other commitments, being out of town, last moment developments etc etc are understandable but being 50:50 simply due the distance involved should make us think.

Having said that it does go to your credit for being upfront.
Personal attacks are not liked in this forum and there is noway I am going to take it.

Distance does matter and normally the meets are held at a central place. If it doesnt then let me organise a meet in West Delhi and let us see how many confirmations we get here. Whenever its south Delhi, north Delhi folks want it in CP and when CP is mulled over it becomes distant from Gurgaon. Still invariably south Delhi is decided as it is in the range of 20 kms from North / Central / Gurgaon / Noida / Faridabad so everyone is comfortable with it.

Meets are personal choices and it is for the individual to decide whether he would want to drive 45 - 50 kms one way or not especially late at night after the meet. It may be difficult in this weather with other family commitments to devote so much time for the meet.

Having said that I havnt ridiculed the idea and didnt make any hue and cry about the place not being central to all. I am game for it and will try my best. Not given 100% confirmation as there can be other last minute things which can make the meet take a back seat.

Repeating again: Personal attacks arent as per the forum policy so please dont ridicule other members' posts and thoughts.

Last edited by WanderNomad : 4th January 2010 at 01:04.
WanderNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 01:10   #186
BHPian

Confirm me in too...
yayaati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 02:13   #187
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

Just one day count down is left for the auto expo.. We all are anxious to know the new cars to be released in this year, Like us the company's also might be in tension to present their stuffs. Let us wait for about 32 Hours to know what is in store for us the automobile lovers.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 06:33   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

I'll be there at 10:00 am on 5th Jan Yippee!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 09:34   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I just got a PM from Deky ( Dhiraj ) who suggests us something for the meet. Just pasting it right from the PM.

It is a great idea and I am ready.

Hi Varun!!!

The build up to this meet is very exciting, specially organising the food part, something I would really love to do. Unfortunately I would not be able to join but if you may allow me, I have a suggestion to make.

Caterer for 20-25 pax will turn out to be really expensive, instead you guys could do the following;-

1. hire a bbq grill with coal.
2. individual members take up responsibility to marinate veg & non veg items. for eg one could marinate paneer, 2nd could marinate chicken, 3rd could marinate lamb chops..and so on. And carry the marinated items to the farm house(you could pm me for simple marinations)
3. some one else could be assigned to carry green chutney.
4.. grill the items and enjoy them hot
5. carry disposable plates/spoons/glasses
6. If you want dinner after snacks, one person could carry makhani dal and during dinner time you just need to order roti then from a dhaba/restaurant around.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice. Good luck
It's indeed a great DIY Idea and would be fun to do it (As long as we don't burn it) Count me IN for the Idea as well.

However, I would like to make it clear to everyone that attending the meet or not is simply a personal discretion and one should not make issue of the excuses/issues presented by individuals to maintain the goodwill of group. Let's make it a thing to remember in a positive manner rather than sour remembrance.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 10:01   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hi Auto Expo Participants,

We are unfortunate ones for not in a position to attend the Expo. Though the media covers the expo it might not be giving the details like our team members. So let the team bhpians who participate auto expo give us the elaborate postings for the benefit of all our members.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 11:12   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Distance does matter and normally the meets are held at a central place. If it doesnt then let me organise a meet in West Delhi and let us see how many confirmations we get here.
very rightly said.. distance is the reason I'm not regular at delhi meats!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 14:12   #192
BHPian

Guys I am in. Please add my name to the list.
As for lights, I have a crazy idea. This is what we did at AutoCross, All of us competitors lined up our cars in a semicircle, kept the lights on and the engines as well, so that the batteries din't die, the only thing we will be burning is Fuel, and we T-Bhpians live to burn fuel. So what say?
All cars with Fogs or HIDS can line up in front of the lawn.
I can volunteer my car.
Please update with final plan and destination.
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 15:37   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Meets are personal choices and it is for the individual to decide whether he would want to drive 45 - 50 kms one way or not especially late at night after the meet. It may be difficult in this weather with other family commitments to devote so much time for the meet.
Well summed up.

Quote:
Having said that I havnt ridiculed the idea and didnt make any hue and cry about the place not being central to all. I am game for it and will try my best. Not given 100% confirmation as there can be other last minute things which can make the meet take a back seat.
And thats the right spirit.

Lets get back to the purpose of the thread now.

Regards,
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 16:18   #194
Senior - BHPian

I just had a few chats with a few people regarding the meet.

Now let me say this once and for all - The Meet is happening BUT in case we do not see final confirmations here we will have it on our own private basis which means we will call a few people whom we are in touch with and get on with the meet.

KINDLY GIVE YOUR CONFIRMATIONS HERE ELSE WE LOOK AT SOME OTHER OPTION.

Right now we are open for Friday / Saturday.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 16:41   #195
BHPian

Guys, have a great delhi expo meet.

Is there any dedicated thread being created/already created to capture the expo happenings tomorrow.

Let us not have individual threads and prefer to have a single thread.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote