Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:52   #196
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,556
Thanked: 6,313 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
There are no problems if you want to spend time with your families also as there is enough space. You guys can have a leg in both places . Seriously, you will not be forced to sit down in the meeting paying rapt attention.
Final call is yours. Would love to meet your families also.
Optimist. Is this your first meet at team-bhp?

What do you mean by meeting and stuff. A team-bhp meet is an place for auto enthusiasts to get together and discuss cars and bikes. New roads. Unknown destinations.

What do you mean by meeting? Makes a fun outing sound so creepy.
bblost is offline  
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:21   #197
BHPian
 
optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Optimist. Is this your first meet at team-bhp?

What do you mean by meeting and stuff. A team-bhp meet is an place for auto enthusiasts to get together and discuss cars and bikes. New roads. Unknown destinations.

What do you mean by meeting? Makes a fun outing sound so creepy.

Yes!

Ok. I get the drift now. But the main aim was to get familar with each other. From what you say, we might have to think otherwise. This is where your experiences count.
optimist is offline  
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:45   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

14 pages and no meet yet?

Quote:

This is where your experiences count.
You don't need experience to make new friends
pulsar56 is offline  
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:42   #199
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
There are no problems if you want to spend time with your families also as there is enough space. You guys can have a leg in both places . Seriously, you will not be forced to sit down in the meeting paying rapt attention.
Final call is yours. Would love to meet your families also.

I understand but I had promised her to take her on a long drive till Yelagiri.
Besides we keep going to CC as well as unwind island almost couple of times every month.So no motivation.
Wanted to go on long rides on a weekend as my weekdays are anyways meant for CC and unwind island kind of trips

So decided to join the other gang going to ooty as they are also going and coming back on sunday itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Sorry but I will not be able to make it on Sunday. A few of us are driving to Ooty starting Sunday morning and returning the same night.
Alter_Ego is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:15   #200
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Hi ! Any updates Digital Dragon, optimist ?

Location, time ,? Looking forward for the meet !
nirmaljusdoit is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:20   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Nirmal, it is sunday at 11am and the venue is country club lakeside 4kms after narayana hrudayalaya and the amount is 350/- i guess.Just PM "DD" and you will get all the details.It will be upto 6pm in the evening
shishir_bn is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:23   #202
BHPian
 
Mr_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 824
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Steps for a successful meet

A small suggestion to the organizers:
Step 1 - Decide the venue, open a thread (e.g.) DD/MM/YYYY Yelagiri meet (or) Country Club Meet

Step 2 - Open a poll, just mention the possible dates which would typically cover Saturday and Sunday of a weekend.
Avoid demarcation of Veg/Non-Veg & Family/Non-Family in the Poll

Step 3 - Post the A/C details informing those interested in the meet to transfer money well in advance by the so and so date & PM their ride, count, location. This would give ample time to arrange for food at the venue.

Step 4 - Close the poll, finalize, post the meeting point, time & the day.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 4th December 2009 at 12:25.
Mr_Bean is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:24   #203
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Nirmal, it is sunday at 11am and the venue is country club lakeside 4kms after narayana hrudayalaya and the amount is 350/- i guess.Just PM "DD" and you will get all the details.It will be upto 6pm in the evening
@Shishir and Nirmal,

Frankly speaking guys, I have not received a single confirmation since yesterday evening beyond the existing 7, including me and optimist. This makes me feel whether people are really interested to meet. On one side I am getting calls after calls from Country Club for booking confirmation and other side I have 7 people. So u guys tell me what I should do.

If this continues for some more hours I will have to invariably cancel the country club plan and rather meet in a city restaurant with whatever people are interested - as there would not be any advance booking required.
DigitalDragon is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:26   #204
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
A small suggestion to the organizers:
Step 1 - Decide the venue, open a thread (e.g.) DD/MM/YYYY Yelagiri meet (or) Country Club Meet

Step 2 - Open a poll, just mention the possible dates which would typically cover Saturday and Sunday of a weekend.
Avoid demarcation of Veg/Non-Veg & Family/Non-Family in the Poll

Step 3 - Post the A/C details informing those interested in the meet to transfer money well in advance by the so and so date & PM their ride, count, location. This would give ample time to arrange for food at the venue.

Step 4 - Close the poll, finalize, post the meeting point, time & the day.
@ Mr. Bean - probably you are right. Giving too many options have created confusions. Will kinda freeze everything in the next meet I will think of organizing. Very less time for this meet planned for this Sunday.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 4th December 2009 at 12:27.
DigitalDragon is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:38   #205
BHPian
 
Mr_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 824
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
@ Mr. Bean - probably you are right. Giving too many options have created confusions. Will kinda freeze everything in the next meet I will think of organizing. Very less time for this meet planned for this Sunday.
I have attended few meets when I was staying in Bangalore, the steps I outlined would work for sure if the meets are on a large scale & involving a long drive.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 4th December 2009 at 12:39.
Mr_Bean is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 12:39   #206
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

"DD" IMO cancle this time and send the message to all the 7 guys and we will meet up in some city restaurant. Best is just to put the details in this thread along with PM for those who have said yes to CC. Call CC and say it got postponed. When we meet at the city hotel we will decide the future couse of action. Close this thread with the details of city hotel meet and anyone who is interested will join in. Just these words are enough "TIME,DATE,PLACE", PM the details to 7 guys and post the same here also and close the thread. we will take "Bean" suggestion and talk about this in the meet. what do you say
shishir_bn is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 13:05   #207
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

@ You are right Shishir.

Folks,
With the kind of responses I have received for Country Club meet on Sunday - 6th, I feel it is not justified for an advance booking. Hence I am cancelling this meet as it was planned so far.

However, we all 8 (who have responded so far) will meet up at a city restaurant - the venue, time and date I will post after talking among ourselves. Anybody else interested may join the meet at his convenience - most welcome.

Here are the 8: DD, Optimist, shishir_bn, condor, nirmaljusdoit, S3va, Starter, tall_guy. I will talk to you indiidually and fix up this city meet plan.
Once we decide the date, time and venue I will post it here and close the thread.
DigitalDragon is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 13:11   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

fantastic DD. this is the way to end this thread. I liked it.Any place i bangalore it is ok for me.
shishir_bn is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 13:53   #209
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I have attended few meets when I was staying in Bangalore, the steps I outlined would work for sure if the meets are on a large scale & involving a long drive.
Just highlighted the mantra.
Can't we all still go for a long drive probably at least till skandagiri/nandi hills?
That way at least we will still be petrol/dieselheads and not like school children going for a picnic to some hotel/resort

DD/Optimist - what say?I too feel as mentioned by Bean that meeting on a large scale which involves a long drive is definitely going to get a bigger turnout.
Alter_Ego is offline  
Old 4th December 2009, 13:58   #210
BHPian
 
DigitalDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Just highlighted the mantra.
Can't we all still go for a long drive probably at least till skandagiri/nandi hills?
That way at least we will still be petrol/dieselheads and not like school children going for a picnic to some hotel/resort

DD/Optimist - what say?I too feel as mentioned by Bean that meeting on a large scale which involves a long drive is definitely going to get a bigger turnout.
I have no issues in this plan Alter. But this time I dont want to coordinate the same until and unless I meet the people personally. Optimist might not be able to join for a drive because of his personal commitments.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 4th December 2009 at 13:59.
DigitalDragon is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpeedSprint X at Manesar, Gurgaon: 6th & 7th Dec, 2014 sudev Indian Motorsport 9 16th December 2014 14:06
RFC 2009 (1-18th Dec 2009) ex670c 4x4 Excursions 19 6th May 2011 11:03
Bangalore - Mysore (21st Dec-24th Dec) in our '06 Civic! suhaas307 Travelogues 9 27th December 2009 18:36
Hyderabad Water Park Meet - February 2009 theodore_ftw The Team-BHP Meet Section 65 9th February 2009 17:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks