Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2009, 13:59   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
fantastic DD. this is the way to end this thread. I liked it.
Pun intended.
Was that sarcasm or was that frustration or was that sheer spirit to keep riding come what may
Old 4th December 2009, 13:59   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Just highlighted the mantra.
Can't we all still go for a long drive probably at least till skandagiri/nandi hills?
That way at least we will still be petrol/dieselheads and not like school children going for a picnic to some hotel/resort

DD/Optimist - what say?I too feel as mentioned by Bean that meeting on a large scale which involves a long drive is definitely going to get a bigger turnout.
Alter_Ego,
Now that we are not going to CC, we could actually do anything.
I am not sure what the intention of DD/Optimist/Shishir is. Maybe they expected a huge turn-up of members and they wanted to meet & get to know everybody types. Since its just 10 and odd, we could meet somewhere and then decide where to drive/what to do
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 4th December 2009, 14:12   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Pun intended.
Was that sarcasm or was that frustration or was that sheer spirit to keep riding come what may
Frustration ? You should ask me what is frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Alter_Ego,
Now that we are not going to CC, we could actually do anything.
I am not sure what the intention of DD/Optimist/Shishir is. Maybe they expected a huge turn-up of members and they wanted to meet & get to know everybody types. Since its just 10 and odd, we could meet somewhere and then decide where to drive/what to do
Cheers,
Deepak
Starter, thats exactly what is going on in my mind. Lets meet up at some place during lunch...have lunch and go for a drive. Its not huge...but at least i was expecting the same 21 who confirmed in the poll. Try to organize a team of strangers and you will be able to understand.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:13   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just highlighted the mantra.
Can't we all still go for a long drive probably at least till skandagiri/nandi hills?
That way at least we will still be petrol/dieselheads and not like school children going for a picnic to some hotel/resort

DD/Optimist - what say?I too feel as mentioned by Bean that meeting on a large scale which involves a long drive is definitely going to get a bigger turnout.
Alter, No one will be ready to go out on the first meet itself. Yes as you said nandi hill can happen as it is just 40kms and that too it will happen after some intro and knwoing of each other. So first we have to meet at some place at around 11Am and know each other and may be in the afternoon we can go for Nandi hills. Give some space to DD and OPtimist as they are deciding and handling this event. This is not the only weekend we will be getting in our life. So it is better to know each other understand some things and then move on from there. Probably you know all 5 fingers are not the same and all minds might not think the same way. So first intro meeting has to happen so as to have a common mindset for all these drives.(sorry if it is little bit harsh). DD will inform these details. wait for some tiem until he speaks to all the 8 guys
Old 4th December 2009, 14:24   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Try to organize a team of strangers and you will be able to understand.
Dear DD,
I was just trying to explain Alter the reasoning behind meeting at a place like CC. Din't mean to hurt you. If i've, i am sorry. I completely understand the efforts that has gone behind this and i respect it.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 4th December 2009, 14:27   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Alter, No one will be ready to go out on the first meet itself.
Quite wrong actually...first time I met other tbhpians was on a drive to yellagiri....and that was the first meet for quite a lot of bhpians.

My next meet was on fellow bhpian's farm..where we shamelessly wiped out zillions of egg sandwiches and test drove his farm tractor (or was it his neighbor's??) .. oh and not to mention a scary but wonderful off the road drive experience in a gypsy driven by another fellow bhpian's wife!!

These meets never turn out the way we plan them..so the best plan is to have no plans

Regards,
Old 4th December 2009, 14:34   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Frustration ? You should ask me what is frustration.
I can understand DD.But don't worry we will make this happen.But only if we do it more dynamically.Don't worry all you hardwork will definitely pay.

Quote:
Starter, thats exactly what is going on in my mind. Lets meet up at some place during lunch...have lunch and go for a drive. Its not huge...but at least i was expecting the same 21 who confirmed in the poll. Try to organize a team of strangers and you will be able to understand.
Quote:
Alter, No one will be ready to go out on the first meet itself. Yes as you said nandi hill can happen as it is just 40kms and that too it will happen after some intro and knwoing of each other. So first we have to meet at some place at around 11Am and know each other and may be in the afternoon we can go for Nandi hills. Give some space to DD and OPtimist as they are deciding and handling this event. This is not the only weekend we will be getting in our life. So it is better to know each other understand some things and then move on from there. Probably you know all 5 fingers are not the same and all minds might not think the same way. So first intro meeting has to happen so as to have a common mindset for all these drives.(sorry if it is little bit harsh). DD will inform these details. wait for some tiem until he speaks to all the 8 guys
Hey shishir I totally understand your point but whats going to change after intros.We would all still be a part of the bangalore gang and would be the driving force of the bangalore chapter.
Its not like people don't trust us among ourselves and one might end up being a serial killer.What you all are planning to do over a buffet lunch can be done at one of the junctions of NICE road by shaking a hand , introducing yourself and your family, sharing a few puffs of ciggerate and off we go to nandi-hills/skandagiri.I mean let this knowing each other be a part of the journey otherwise there will be no fun left.Lets get to know each other as we trek the hills and pull each other's legs.

I mean yes this is not the last weekend of our lives and I understand that I am being a bit aggresive in my approach but hell we are bangaloreans.We live life in the fast lane.So are our rides.So why not our drives.
Respect all of you guys who are trying to make a difference here so that the bangalore chapter can come alive here.At the end of the day we all are one.So feel free to be rude/harsh to everyone including me, as they are my own.The same fuel flows in our viens.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 4th December 2009 at 14:38.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:43   #218
Senior - BHPian

You are right alter. DD is also planning the same thing. So we will have to wait for the final call from DD and ooooolllllllaaaaaa we go to our first drive
Old 4th December 2009, 14:47   #219
BHPian

Default Closing the Meet Agenda

Folks,

My final thought for closing this much debated discussion:

Let's meet in CUBBON PARK (central location) at 11:00 am on Sunday - 6th Dec 09. Addressed to all who want to make this meet HAPPEN. We shall work out the next course of action after meeting. I am certainly looking forward to meet all of you.

No more plan. PERIOD.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:48   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Quite wrong actually...first time I met other tbhpians was on a drive to yellagiri....and that was the first meet for quite a lot of bhpians.

My next meet was on fellow bhpian's farm..where we shamelessly wiped out zillions of egg sandwiches and test drove his farm tractor (or was it his neighbor's??) .. oh and not to mention a scary but wonderful off the road drive experience in a gypsy driven by another fellow bhpian's wife!!
Regards,
See mohit articulated it in the right words which I was looking for.
If he can be driven in a gypsy by another fellow bhpian's wife!! without having a formal introduction to her over a buffet at CC or unwind island then aren't we brooding too much over the lunch and intro thing.

DD I would say just mentioned a time and a venue on any of the good roads having space to park on the sides like NICE road or near BMW showroom on hosur for the drive starting point and after a small and sweet intros of bhpians lets open the bottle
And lets make it early in the morning around 7-7:30 ish.

I guess once DD makes this declaration we are good to go by just posting whether we are in or out.Simple.No one needs to book or do any reservations.To each one his own.Why should DD take all the pains and we just sit and watch him wasting his time and energy.Lets be what we are good at.A team
Old 4th December 2009, 14:53   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

My final thought for closing this much debated discussion:

Let's meet in CUBBON PARK (central location) at 11:00 am on Sunday - 6th Dec 09. Addressed to all who want to make this meet HAPPEN. We shall work out the next course of action after meeting. I am certainly looking forward to meet all of you.

No more plan. PERIOD.
Oops I guess our posts just crossed.

DD,
Note that if more than 20 cars turn out then we will have trouble parking them near cubbon park.Thats why I suggested a highway.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 4th December 2009 at 14:56. Reason: added a note
Old 4th December 2009, 15:00   #222
Senior - BHPian

Superb DD. We will meet up at cubbon park. Guys one last call. Anyone watching this thread and are from banaglore and want to join can come/chip in. Chances are that we might end up in Nandi hills also after a small meet
Old 4th December 2009, 15:01   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Oops I guess our posts just crossed.

DD,
Note that if more than 20 cars turn out then we will have trouble parking them near cubbon park.Thats why I suggested a highway.
Its inside cubbon park and there will be enough parking space for 20. No worries we shall be able to manage.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:10   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Its inside cubbon park and there will be enough parking space for 20. No worries we shall be able to manage.
Cubbon Park is a wonderfull place to meet up. Trust me.

I have organised many Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore rallies in Cubbon Park.
You guys might have to pay a parking fee of 50rs totally.

Young and old people with old cars came to the park without any hesitation. We could park the cars there for 3 to 4 hours.

Few pics.! This is on the road to Public Library from UB City.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-dsc09612.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by arun1100 : 4th December 2009 at 15:15.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:21   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Cubbon Park is a wonderfull place to meet up. Trust me.

I have organised many Fiat 1100 Club-Bangalore rallies in Cubbon Park.
You guys might have to pay a parking fee of 50rs totally.

Young and old people with old cars came to the park without any hesitation. We could park the cars there for 3 to 4 hours.

Few pics.! This is on the road to Public Library from UB City.
Great pic Arun!

Its an awesome place to meet. Parking is 10 bucks per car. Paying 100-150 for the whole lot of cars should do. Just request those attending to park at one side only and stay on the foot path {like in the pics posted by Arun} and not on the road while checking out other member cars or chatting with fellow tbhp'ians. Else, it will cause trouble to traffic.

Last edited by funkykar : 4th December 2009 at 15:22.
Closed Thread