Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10th December 2009, 12:04   #391
BHPian

I am willing to make it to the meet. I am with my better half and my bro in law

But can confirm only early morning
Old 10th December 2009, 14:36   #392
BHPian

I want to join, but will confirm tomorrow.
Old 10th December 2009, 14:53   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
MODS please change the thread name to "BANGALORE T-BHP MEET". This would be appropriate and we can discuss everything here from place, snaps etc etc
Mods please at least edit the thread to have the latest meet date.
So that people do not mistake it for an old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Guys,
Are u up for a Yelagiri Drive ? Not getting much response. Need to coordinate with the Chennai Team too.

So please raise your hands fast. OR is it too short a gap for another meet ?

Once the decision is done I will move it to a separate thread.

Thx
Nopes its perfect timing.Even though I am flying to Chennai for some official purposes on sunday ,I can still afford to have fun on Saturday with buddy bhpians

So I confirm , once again, that I am in for this saturday's meet.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:28   #394
BHPian

Default Closing This Thread

Folks,

With the kind of mixed responses I have received so far and the time we have got for a Saturday Meet, I feel it would not be viable to have a long distance (Yelagiri) meet on 12th Dec 09.

Subsequently, here is what I propose :
  1. I am going to close this thread as the name kinda misleading for a new meet. Let this be the Devaranyadurga meet thread.
  2. I will create a new thread for the yelagiri Drive and Meet, which is of course not on 12th Dec 09. (I know alter, rk_sans, raj.barcode and few others are going to kick me - Accepting the kicks rather than having a hurried meet)
  3. At the same time, let's not totally shun the idea of a 12th Dec meet. This applies more to the comparatively newer members and who could not participate in the last week meet. Here we have 2 options:
    1. A real quick meet, in which case we can catch up under the bangalore quick meet thread (no need to create a separate thread). Objective - Introduction, familiarization and discuss on each one's 2nd beauty.
    2. A short drive meet - like Nandi Hills, Bannerghata or may be CC or that matter. Again the objective is same as above but may be at an outskirt.
  4. As I plan to close this thread, request all who are interested for the Saturday meet to PM their interests (option 1 or 2) and accordingly I shall proceed and inform everybody on the plan. But remember we have one more day only.
Awaiting responses and protecting myself with an army jacket.

@Mods - Please close this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 10th December 2009 at 15:29.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:33   #395
BHPian

I would still have preferred the Yelagiri trip
Old 10th December 2009, 15:36   #396
BHPian

Heck i was completely unaware of this thread. Missed it ..

Ok now tell me which thread am i supposed to refresh as this thread is gonna close. Guys please keep a general thread for bangalore as it its easy for us to keep a track on events. (doesnt matter long or short event)

EDIT: Just inform everyone on which thread the future events gonna be published before closing this thread.

Last edited by livyodream : 10th December 2009 at 15:37.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:46   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
EDIT: Just inform everyone on which thread the future events gonna be published before closing this thread.
Here is the new thread name - Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet
Old 10th December 2009, 16:01   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
A real quick meet, in which case we can catch up under the bangalore quick meet thread (no need to create a separate thread). Objective - Introduction, familiarization and discuss on each one's 2nd beauty. short drive meet - like Nandi Hills, Bannerghata or may be CC or that matter. Again the objective is same as above but may be at an outskirt.

@Mods - Please close this thread. Thanks.
Again quickie meets.You forgot I was fighting tooth and nail against quickie meets during the planning for the previous trip.
and don't close this thread as now we have attained a critical mass of participants in the bangalore chapter and I bet that everyone is following this thread.We would loose out on participation if we move on to a new thread.Some people will overlook the new thread.Lets continue in this thread itself but just update the meet thread with the latest date of the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I would still have preferred the Yelagiri trip
with you deepak.Same here.Even I still prefer Yelagiri over any CC meets.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:08   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Again quickie meets.You forgot I was fighting tooth and nail against quickie meets during the planning for the previous trip.
and don't close this thread as now we have attained a critical mass of participants in the bangalore chapter and I bet that everyone is following this thread.We would loose out on participation if we move on to a new thread.Some people will overlook the new thread.Lets continue in this thread itself but just update the meet thread with the latest date of the next trip.

meets.

+1 to that. just rename the thread. That would be sufficient.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:30   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Even I still prefer Yelagiri over any CC meets.
Alter, I can understand your frustration. Can you please post on the other thread too. Just that I will have a head count there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
+1 to that. just rename the thread. That would be sufficient.
The reason of creating a new one is that if i change the name, there will not be any significance of the earlier meet. If people later would like to find how the bangalore meets are going, nobody will have the patience to dig this big thread. Moreover its easier to plan, coordinate, poll or whatever related to a particulr meet if it has a thread of its own.

This is just my thought. We may keep it open and paralley have another one as long as there is no confusion.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 10th December 2009 at 16:32.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:24   #401
BHPian

DD,
provide a link to the other thread.
I agree that you have posted the name of the new thread but it would be easier for bhpians if they can just click on the link here and poof!! they land up on the new planning going on for yelagiri.

Edit:
Just thought what a lazy bum I was becoming into.So did it myself.
Bhpians, find the link below to the new thread

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet - Team-BHP (Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet)

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 10th December 2009 at 17:31.
Old 19th December 2009, 08:52   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, sorry for the delay. I know it's been 2 weeks since we did this meet. But here's some pics from that day.

Deepak, taking his first steps in off-roading :
Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-hsg-starter.jpg

Spiderman :
Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-spiderman-hsg1.jpg

And some pics of the line-up on the lake-bed :
Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-hsg2.jpg

Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-hsg3-lineup.jpg

Bangalore meet @11am on 6th Dec, 2009 in Cubbon Park.-hsg3-lineup2.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th December 2009 at 19:39.
Closed Thread