Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2010, 16:49   #136
BHPian

Spoke to DD a while back and he knows some mouth watering biriyani places on the way. I am waiting.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:55   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Spoke to DD a while back and he knows some mouth watering biriyani places on the way. I am waiting.
After this news I have decided to fast on saturday so that I can hog the biriyani available on sunday.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
keep a place where we poor pure veg guys can also eat as it is a whole day program
Old 15th January 2010, 17:02   #139
BHPian

Default Yelagiri Drive and Meet - Plan

Folks,

Here is the plan for Sunday, as most of you were looking forward to.

Start Off Meet Up:

We shall meet at the Navneet BMW Showroom on Hosur Road. For convenience a direction map can be found here: Navnit Motors - BMW Dealer Mumbai and Bangalore Adress

Time - 7:30 am Sharp.

Breakfast Stop:

A2B on NH7, around 27 Km from Hosur. Will approximately take one hour to reach there after we start off. After breakfast enjoy the drive till Krishnagiri, which is around 72 Km from Hosur, or 45 km from A2B approx.

First Roll-Call point: Krishnagiri Toll Booth.

Soon after this toll booth we have to divert from NH7 to NH 46 (towards left) (Golden Quadrilateral to Chennai). Then again enjoy the drive till Vaniyambadi toll booth on NH 46 (GQ) - approx distance from Krishnagiri is 54 Kms.

Second Roll-Call Point: Vaniyambadi Toll Booth.

All the cars from this point will go together. We shall identify a lead and a tail car from this point to make sure all the cars go together. Request all members to adhere to this and not zoom off as and when they wish.

Soon after we cross this Vaniyambadi toll booth, we will come across a fly over bridge (after around 1 or 2 kms from the booth). We WILL NOT go over the fly over (which goes to Chennai), instead we will take the left service road for taking a right/U turn towards Yelagiri (In short - we have to take a right deviation from Vaniyambadi for going towards Yalagiri). Once we have taken the right deviation from Vaniyambadi we have to drive for approx 13 kms on the narrow-but-good country road. Then we have to take a right turn from that road and drive approx 11 km to reach Yelagiri.

Activities at Yelagiri:
  1. We shall head to the Nature Park and spend of couple of hours - Mainly the place for discussions.
  2. We will head for lunch. I am in discussion with Landmark if they could provide a buffet lunch without prior bookings. Rate @ 200/- per head. Alternatively, Biriyani Lovers could pack up Biriyanis from Vaniyambadi or Ambur (adjacent to Vaniyambadi) - which is famous for Biriyani.
  3. Next visiting point after lunch is Punganoor Lake. Will spend some time there and by 4/4:30 will head back to Bangalore.
Tea Break and Final roll-call before departing: A2B on Hosur Road

Points to be noted:
  1. Credit cards are not accepted anywhere at Yelagiri; Since there are not many ATMs around, better to carry cash.
  2. Estimated cost per head would be around Rs. 500/-
  3. Please PM me your contact numbers (those who have still not) for coordination, Your CAR and number of members joining.
  4. Fuel is cheaper in TN.
  5. Keep a first-aid kit handy with all the essential medicines and remedies. There are very less medical stores or doctors in Yelagiri except a government primary health centre.
  6. Carry Plenty of water
  7. Dont drive rash. Have all your car documents ready. Get your car checked thoroughly before the drive.
  8. Have at least 2/3 other members numbers, in case of help needed.
  9. Kindly do not try to imitate what other drivers are doing on the road. If a car is faster than yours kindly make way for them.
  10. Any incidents (God forbid), if at all, happen will be the sole responsibility of the memebers involved. Organizers, TBHP shall take no responsibility for such incidents.
For More information on Yelagiri please check these sites:

1. http://www.yelagirihills.com/
2. http://hubpages.com/hub/Visiting-Yel...-Hill-stations

Have a Safe and Enjoyable Meet / Drive!

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th January 2010 at 18:01. Reason: Absolutely NO mention of ALCOHOL! Please!
Old 15th January 2010, 17:30   #140
Senior - BHPian

man you have done it again
Old 15th January 2010, 17:53   #141
BHPian

Ok,that is nice, but as I have already mentioned, I have no set of wheels whatsoever...How and where do I fit in?
Old 15th January 2010, 18:46   #142
BHPian

DD one request.. can I join you guys From Electronic City? if permitted I will wait on NH 7, Hoskur Gate Bus stop, which is 2 km from Electronic City Flyover Junction point(towards Hosur). Mine is a black alto with Reg no KA 51 N 4940.

Last edited by asdon : 15th January 2010 at 19:03.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:22   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
man you have done it again
Yeah Shishir.DD is the man for all seasons.He has done it again.Flawless planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Ok,that is nice, but as I have already mentioned, I have no set of wheels whatsoever...How and where do I fit in?
Preetam did you PM DD your location details for a pick up?If not mention it here so that any member coming up from your area can pick you on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
DD one request.. can I join you guys From Electronic City? if permitted I will wait on NH 7, Hoskur Gate Bus stop, which is 2 km from Electronic City Flyover Junction point(towards Hosur). Mine is a black alto with Reg no KA 51 N 4940.
Noted.But still you would miss the introductions round which will take place in front of the BMW showroom.By the way why do you want to miss the pole position pics.Its hardly 2 kms from ec and you can use the service road or take a u turn from the hosa road junction
Old 15th January 2010, 20:53   #144
BHPian

Default Information required for coordination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Yeah Shishir.DD is the man for all seasons.He has done it again.Flawless planning
Thanks Shishir and Alter for the encouraging words.

@ ALL:

Please PM me the following details ASAP:

1. Handle:
2. Name:
3. Contact Number:
4. Car:
5. No. of Members:
6. Where are you coming from:
Old 15th January 2010, 20:58   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Thanks Shishir and Alter for the encouraging words.

@ ALL:

Please PM me the following details ASAP:

1. Handle:
2. Name:
3. Contact Number:
4. Car:
5. No. of Members:
6. Where are you coming from:
Done.

DD,
You forgot to reply to preetam's query.Whoz picking him up?
Old 15th January 2010, 21:13   #146
BHPian

hmmm... ok Alter... I will arrive at pole position
Old 15th January 2010, 21:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
hmmm... ok Alter... I will arrive at pole position
Just love the spirit shown by you.No wonder the t-bhp community rocks
Old 15th January 2010, 21:39   #148
BHPian

Hi DD,
Great Work .
PMed you the details.

-Santosh
Old 15th January 2010, 22:05   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
DD,
You forgot to reply to preetam's query.Whoz picking him up?
Thats exactly why I asked for the location details of each. I have still not heard from Preetam.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:32   #150
BHPian

Please check DD...have PM'ed you
Closed Thread