Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2010, 10:56   #271
BHPian

Preetam this is Friday... waiting for your post....
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:10   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Preetam this is Friday... waiting for your post....
Preetam is still busy counting the keys of his keyboard to check whether all of them are actually there

Seems like our Sherlock Holmes is facing some difficulty in spicing up the end of his travelogue! I guess he needs some help from some masters/mistresses of spices.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:24   #273
Senior - BHPian

If he requires a master then Alter_ego can help out. Even DD can chip in.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:37   #274
Senior - BHPian

Is there any meet scheduled on Sunday 24th Jan. I'm driving down to Blore and will be reaching by afternoon and will be staying in the Indira Nagar area.

Would be nice to meet fellow BHPians. I would be in a Black Bolero with Storm stickers and Raid De Leh stickers.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:32   #275
BHPian

Firstly I am sorry for being so late, and secondly I'm not putting forth any excuses as I know it was all my fault. Well finally here it is. Hope it is worth the wait. I will upload the next set of pics after the travelogue. So please bear with me.

Disclaimer : This is a clear and vivid image of what I carry in my mind. All people stated herein are real and bear no resemblance to aliens from Mars. The Men, Machines, Their Wives and Families are a happy lot. Please let them remain happy. Travelogue update in 30 minutes.

Regards
Preetam
Old 25th January 2010, 19:28   #276
BHPian

one hour ho geya yaar.. aur kitna tarpaoge?
Old 25th January 2010, 19:53   #277
BHPian

Sirjee server jammed up...trying...
Old 25th January 2010, 20:12   #278
BHPian

Thumbs up Travelogue_Drive To Yelagiri (Elagiri) Hills

Are you a person who suffers from disillusion at high speeds?
Are you someone who is generally nauseated at speeds above the century mark?
Do you think twice before flooring the pedal?

Well, if the answer to any of the above questions is a resounding yes, then this post is definitely not for you. Anything otherwise, please join in and enjoy the party.

PART 1 :

Day : Sunday
Date : 17.01.2010
Time : 0700 Hrs
Location : Somewhere in the outskirts of Bangalore near the sheer driving pleasure showroom

Name:  1. Lineup Navneet.JPG
Views: 682
Size:  116.9 KB

As the snazzy morning breeze kept sweeping the hearts of the never-ending romantics, a set of crazy people had decided to spend day otherwise. With the romance thrown in of course, they had brought along all their beauties. Some crazy person rightly called the starter, led the foundation for the event bringing forth his newly won over flaming red hot beauty. He had brought along with him, another crazy individual, who is now typing. He is preetam_KORG who is now happily enjoying life with his piano.
Starter is followed by
Aqualeo2040
Asdon (with 2 of his romances, no idea how he manages them)
Alter Ego (again with 2 of his romances, no matter these people are good managers)
Deepak (With his very chirpy family)
Rk_sans (Again with family)
Rajeev
And
Laluks
After a quick brief and the introductions, the inevitable happened.

Flight to Yelagiri Delayed:
Digital Dragon, the organizer, was somehow lost in the digital world of chaos and madness and due to insanity, the BBMP had decided to discontinue the water supply from his house. Digital Dragon was late by what seemed a million minutes and all the others who were kept waiting had flames on their breath, alas the Dragon had to give up the fire.
After a million minutes later Digital Dragon arrived with his honeymooning romance. She was all decked up in gold. Seeing her with him, cooled us down. We decided to move on.

Time : 0800 Hrs
Location : Outskirts of Bangalore, near the sheer driving pleasure showroom, Electronic City.

The flight to Yelagiri finally settled for take off. The next meeting point would be A2B, a food joint 45 Kms from the flag off. Beautiful roads welcomed us. Six lanes of sheer fun and joy with no one to catch us.
What a feeling!
In our case I guess it was the classic case of “Birds of a feather, flock together”. We all had never seen each other before, our love for the rumbling sound of pistons moving in unison had brought us together. And we gelled instantly. It seemed that all our romances were singing a chorus, the best sound ever heard by us.
I was playing spoilsport here. No, wait. I’d rather say a guardian. I was with Digital Dragon, who by now had got his fire breath back and was trying to get the most out of the honeymoon. Well, being a man of dignity and honour, I was keeping him in check and within bounds.
A visionary expulsion lay ahead for us, all throughout. The experience is exhilarating. The roads seemed to be gobbled up as we saw the future coming up in front of our eyes. Sheer beauty!

Name:  2. Way to A2B.JPG
Views: 715
Size:  68.5 KB

The beauty of hot cups of chai and morning breakfast at A2B.

Time: 0840Hrs

Name:  3. A2B.JPG
Views: 810
Size:  145.7 KB
All of our inner cravings crept out. We were notable to contain ourselves. Gobbling up all that was available, we left absolutely nothing for the people to arrive after us. Sadly, they would have to saturate their appetite with the leftover mongrels. After the food and satiating our hunger, we decided that we should leave. We needed to reach Yelagiri by 12:30 in order to be on schedule. Next stop, Krishnagiri toll gate.

Time: 0930 Hrs

We left and were welcomed by the road just to fall in love again. The consciousness of us being on earth was lost. It seemed that we were crunching light-years instead of miles, and flying rather than driving. Leading the pack was Aqualeo, followed by the rest of the gang. Aqualeo surely was charged up. The blaring sound of Iron Maiden belting out Hallowed Be Thy Name was an added aphrodisiac along with me sitting there beside him. I had intentionally left Digital Dragon with his love and gave them some privacy. The sight was just lo and behold! All the beauties rolling together, telling each other to change lanes with the flirty blink of an indicator.
The flirty attitude was not for long, as the beasts from within kept creeping out. No matter how much I try, I cannot seem to stop appreciating the roads. They were beautiful and better part was no interceptors and no speed limits. Krishnagiri toll gate seemed just minutes away. It seemed that we had left A2B 5 minutes back whereas it was actually 45 minutes since we had left A2B.
Name:  4. Krishnagiri Toll.JPG
Views: 721
Size:  153.9 KB
All the cars lined up for the final run up the mountains where we would meet at the top. There was no competition though, as we decided to roll together.
Name:  4.1 Krishnagiri Toll Lineup.JPG
Views: 670
Size:  130.2 KB
Name:  5. Krishnagiri Toll lineup.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  108.9 KB
The Roads to Krishnagiri :
Name:  6.5 Little away from foothills.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  113.8 KB
Name:  6.2.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  102.2 KB
Name:  6.3.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  117.1 KB
At the foothills, some of the BHPians decided to rob the only ATM out there (Read Withdraw Cash) and made off. The rest were fretting and fumigating under their breaths. The dragon was back.
Oh no, the dragon had actually again led the pack to glory for robbing the ATM. All beauties resting under the shade the BHPians decided to take a stroll and discuss something called cars. Just at the point the discussion was heating up and becoming somewhat interesting, dragon was back with the rest of the pack and we started climbing the hills.

Name:  7.1 Foothills_2.JPG
Views: 585
Size:  174.0 KB
Name:  7.3 Foothills_1.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  103.9 KB
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-7.2-foothills_3.jpg

Rajeev was supposedly the guide who knew the place like the back of his hand, and this was true. Only if Laluks had not brought something called a Civic with an insanely powerful 1.8L under the hood. Bechara Rajeev, was starting to fade into distance as our beloved Lalu decided enough is enough.
A “minor” movement of the “stick on the left” and a “slightly (Read VERY) heavy right foot”…and he was off into the future. The hills no longer seemed to be at a distance. It was just a stone’s throw away.
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-8.-civic-leading.jpg
Name:  9.1. Uphill.JPG
Views: 711
Size:  160.3 KB
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-9.uphill_1.jpg
Beautiful hills, really nice. Just for the info, the hills are 1140ft above MSL and the temperature at the time was close to 26 Degree Celsius.
The climb to the hills was an intense mixture of Eucalyptus kissing the skies, snaky roads, and sunlight pilfering through the leaves, playing an innocent little game of hide and seek with us. We had all forgotten what we were presently all about and had travelled back to our sweet little past. A past with everything so carefree, so innocent, no worries and absolutely no inhibitions.
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-10.-uphill_2.jpg
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-14.-uphill_5_trees-1024x768.jpg
There are 14 hairpins out of which the most of the bends are really gentle and absolutely a breeze to drive through, with no iota of danger. I must mention here that, danger is a relative term, it comes when you invite trouble, otherwise danger is happy with its own sweet personified self.
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-12.-uphill_3-1024x768.jpg
It took us about 35 minutes to reach the zenith where I was reminded of this particular song by Scorpions.
The lyrics go like :
Take me to the magic of the moment,
On a glory Night,
Where the Children of tomorrow
Dream away…
In the winds of change…..

Yelagiri & Beyond....coming up
Till Then Cya
Old 25th January 2010, 20:27   #279
BHPian

Thumbs up

Excellent Startup Preetam.
Waiting for the remaining story.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:41   #280
BHPian

Thumbs up

PART 2:

Time : 1225 Hrs

We finally led our beauties to rest for sometime after some really spirited driving. They were badly in need of some fresh air. We also strolled into the park and decided to chill out a bit. The park was not really as great as we had expected but I must also add that the most interesting shots of the day were captured here. Bees kissing the petals, romance in the air and all the Photogs clicking away to glory!
I will let some of my pictures do the talking here.
Name:  IMG_0104.JPG
Views: 592
Size:  511.1 KB

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-img_0106.jpg

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-img_0109.jpg

Name:  IMG_0111.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  181.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0113.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0114.JPG
Views: 541
Size:  289.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0116.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  228.6 KB

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-img_0129.jpg

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-15.-nature-park-me-1024x768.jpg

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-img_0119.jpg

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-img_0123.jpg

Part 3 is on its way...
Till Then...Drive Safe...

Regards
Preetam
Old 25th January 2010, 22:05   #281
BHPian

I think it was the Cradle of Filth version of "Hallowed Be Thy Name".

Anyways, its really bad. You skipped the fun part on the Krishnagiri-Chennai Highway
i.e. The restrained Civic and the revved up i10
Old 25th January 2010, 22:09   #282
BHPian

Thumbs up

Part 3 : Lunch, Games, The Lake and Final Goodbye

Time : 1330 Hrs

Name:  IMG_0134.JPG
Views: 501
Size:  104.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0133.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  170.3 KB

Our leader DD had very kindly arranged the midday grub here.
I must say, the place being out of nowhere, was pretty neat. The fare on offer for the buffet was not bad either, on the contrary it was delicious. Naan, Rotis, Jeera Rice, Alu Gobi, Chicken Curry, Mutton Curry and Dahi all made for a killer lunch combo. The ice cream tasted even sweeter with the presence of so many beautiful people.
It was after lunch that the women folk started to take the lead and vowed to beat the men at Dumb Charades, but they did it pretty diplomatically I must say.
They decided that it would be best if they would make a circle and make Lalu dance a Jig in the centre and Lalu quickly obliged. The pictures as you can see has been posted earlier. The humorous and outrageous rounds of laughter is all that followed all in good spirits.
The ladies never played spoilsport, and we are all very thankful that they tolerated the geeky petrol head talk about BHP at the wheel and how it differs at the crank, how car polish will keep our beauties gleaming and what octane levels are best for our cars.
They never once said anything about nail polish or the scrubber in the kitchen that has not been replaced in a zillion years, or the dust on the sofa or the popcorn that was scattered last night because of all the wild and cranked up guys we had brought along.
Talk about Women Empowerment and here it is in all its Glory. I officially salute you, Ladies, for bearing with us, the brunt of so called “Male Dominated” society, and not only keeping upto it but defeating us so many times over. Kudos to you!
Ok, enough of Women Empowerment we decided, and headed for the lake.

Time : 1530 Hrs

Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-sta_0141-stitch.jpg
(The above image is panoramic, Had to stitch 3 images into 1.Hope you enjoy it!)
Name:  car park.JPG
Views: 512
Size:  192.2 KB
The lake is artificial and doubles up as a reservoir other than being a tourist destination. Laluks and myself decided that the boat ride was not worth it and decided to take a walk. (We were actually pretty sure that our BMI-Body Mass Index was way too high for the boats to handle and would surely topple over, and hence decided to play safe)
Asdon, Aqualeo, and Deepak+Family, soon followed suit.
Name:  IMG_0144.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  440.5 KB
Things worth the mention on our roundtrip around the lake – The King of Good times, a bunch of hooligans and a Ladies toilet in the middle of the lake (Laluks and myself were thankful at last that we had not taken the boat ride. After coming back, we found out that all the members had thought likewise and refrained from such a horrific activity)
After this began the round of “informally formal” introductions, which was over in no time at all. It seemed that we knew each other for ages. It must be pointed out here that other than cars, many BHPians share another love…Love for Music. I will personally get in touch with Alter_ego who plays the guitar ( I play the piano) and will surely try to come up with a “Theme for the Team”, the song will probably be called “BHP_Love for the Road”.

Time : 1645 Hrs

We decided it was getting late and some people had left their families back home. The stark consciousness of reality struck and responsibilities started falling into place.
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-car-park2.jpg
We headed back home. We planned to stop at the Café Coffee Day outlet near A2B where we would have the final photo shoot and then ultimately break for the day.

Once again the brilliant roads welcomed us, but evening traffic on the Hosur road was worsening. After a long wait at the Krishnagiri Toll, we finally trolled on the road again.
Name:  alto.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  254.8 KB
This time, it was not as smooth, as the truckers were playing spoilsport, the never-ending chain of slow moving tractors and the twilight made the visibility a pain.

The sky looked brilliant, as though God wanted to while away time painting the sky with brilliant colors. The sky was His canvas and all the world is His plaything.

Name:  sky 1.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  221.1 KB
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-sky-2.jpg
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-sky-3.jpg

Time : 1830 Hrs

By God’s grace we all reached CCD safe and sound and finally landed up with a coffee in each of our hand. Asdon spotted a beautiful resort called “Fleur” just next to the CCD, which we somehow missed in the morning.

Name:  ccd group.JPG
Views: 698
Size:  284.1 KB

All members were exceedingly influenced by the eclipse on the previous day and decided it best to order the drink with the same name. Aqualeo and myself stuck to Devil’s Own with an extra Dollop of Cream.

We finally decided that it was high time we left.
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-beauties-beast-_2.jpg
We lined up all the cars with the headlamps and both indicators turned on.
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-beauties-beasts.jpg
With a couple of very innovative shots for all the members, we decided it would be unanimously voted that without a picture of all the ladies together, the day would not end. So here it is…
Name:  ladies.JPG
Views: 3084
Size:  266.4 KB
Finally at 1930 Hrs we hit the road again, I was still travelling with Aqualeo who generously volunteered to drop me at my place. The final U-turn lay ahead of us...
Name:  last u turn.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  94.9 KB
The road lies ahead as always and we all bravely soldier on. This day will be etched in my memory forever. As all the BHPians took the final turn to head back home,
Yelagiri Drive - Bangalore (with possibly Chennai) T-BHP Meet-img_0213.jpg
I thought about the day in retrospect...
The life becomes a blur...
Name:  lightburst.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  228.7 KB
What remains is who we are...
How will we be remembered?
The answer rests in our hands...
We may choose to carve out our lives into a shining pearl by opening ourselves to the millions of people who crave to become someone someday or we may choose to lie there forever, encumbered by the wrath of rotting millions who call themselves, self proclaimed underachievers.....
Be the change to see the change...

This is me, preetam_KORG signing off from this travelogue...

Eagerly waiting to see you next time...

Till then,
Keep Rocking and Drive safe.

Regards
Preetam
Old 25th January 2010, 22:23   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
I think it was the Cradle of Filth version of "Hallowed Be Thy Name".

Anyways, its really bad. You skipped the fun part on the Krishnagiri-Chennai Highway
i.e. The restrained Civic and the revved up i10
That part is very much there. In Part 1 of the travelogue.
It goes like : "Rajeev was supposed the guide who knew the place like the back of his hand, and this was true. Only if Laluks had not brought something called a Civic with an insanely powerful 1.8L under the hood. Bechara Rajeev, was starting to fade into distance as our beloved Lalu decided enough is enough.
A “minor” movement of the “stick on the left” and a “slightly (Read VERY) heavy right foot”…and he was off into the future. The hills no longer seemed to be at a distance. It was just a stone’s throw away."
Old 25th January 2010, 22:47   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Preetam - brilliant! No other ways to describe this.
Loved your style of narration.
And amazing pictures.

Now we know what you were doing lying on the walk way
Old 25th January 2010, 23:05   #285
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Preetam - brilliant! No other ways to describe this.
Loved your style of narration.
And amazing pictures.

Now we know what you were doing lying on the walk way
Thank You sirjee. Your appreciation is my satiate for the zeal to excel.
Closed Thread