Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 20th May 2010, 11:28   #166
BHPian

Guy i Still feel the best place to meet is Upvan . On Sunday mornings till about noon the place is generally pleasant. Lots of place to park cars , stand and talk car ( and everything else) and shoot pics.

From upvan the inside road via vasant vihar/ hiranandani Meadows can be taken to bypass all traffic at majiwada/ kapurbavdi signal.

Any restaurant on Ghodbundar road is accessible without getting stuck in traffic.
Meet at places like at the IOC pump on Ghodbundar road is fine if its just a meeting point before a drive. BUt that would take away all the fun out of meeting at one place and getting to peacefully stand and talk before we head out to our destination.

If we had a drive to say somewhere on a'bad highway then the meeting point is fine since that's the route every one would. wait for the last car to arrive and we go.
But if we have to wait there it wouldn't be the best place.
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 17:53   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Guy i Still feel the best place to meet is Upvan . On Sunday mornings till about noon the place is generally pleasant. Lots of place to park cars , stand and talk car ( and everything else) and shoot pics.

From upvan the inside road via vasant vihar/ hiranandani Meadows can be taken to bypass all traffic at majiwada/ kapurbavdi signal.

Any restaurant on Ghodbundar road is accessible without getting stuck in traffic.
Yea Vinit, Upwan is quiet and peaceful with ample of place to park the car. whats say guys, Most of you know the place of the last meet so it wont be an issue. Long drives we better keep it during the rains as it will be the best time. As it is the heat is too much even at 10 am in the morn.
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 10:16   #168
BHPian

Guys am off to Bangalore on a office trip , would be back sunday early moning. Hope the meet is around 9-10 in the monring.

would be checking this page tommorow evening. Hope the place is final by then.
I intend to meet with all of you and then drive off without havning lunch. ( Am taking my btter half for kites in the afternoon -- Sorry guys).

Hope to see you all guys.

Regards,
varun
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 20:02   #169
BHPian

Guys its Friday eve...

What are we finalizing on

Meeting Point:

As per map near IO Petrol Pump in GB road

Upvan lake

Lunch:

There so many options lets choose one

I will be watching this place for updates only 1 days to go
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:51   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Meeting Point:
As per map near IO Petrol Pump in GB road

Lunch:
There so many options lets choose one
Since there is no time left let's meet first and then decide the place where we need to go for lunch. Let's drop Upvan this time.

Avoid last min. changes please.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 10:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

I have to be in city in the morning for an unavoidable meeting (postponed from Sat morning), and I hope to join you only after 2 pm. Sorry about this.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 17:52   #172
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I will be taking the train from Pune to Thane. Hence will meet at the meeting point.
I have Khoj's number.
Khoj, I depend on you for local commute from meeting point to lunch and back (preferably thane station).
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:49   #173
Senior - BHPian

Hi MX6,

Just read your post and am sorry to disappoint you but I am still in Delhi(since almost a month now) due to an ongoing project. It seems my boss is not going to let me get back to Bombay untill after the bid opening early next week.

Since this morning I was trying to work out the possibility of making it on one of the later flights and that is the reason had not posted my regret, but it looks remote now. Very sorry to leave you hanging at the last moment, I hope you will understand my sincere apologies once again.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 20:40   #174
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi MX6,

Just read your post and am sorry to disappoint you but I am still in Delhi(since almost a month now) due to an ongoing project. It seems my boss is not going to let me get back to Bombay untill after the bid opening early next week.

Since this morning I was trying to work out the possibility of making it on one of the later flights and that is the reason had not posted my regret, but it looks remote now. Very sorry to leave you hanging at the last moment, I hope you will understand my sincere apologies once again.
No issues. Viraj has volunteered to help pick me from Thane. Now I'm thinking whether to make it to this meet or not. No fun without you and HVK (who will come in later).
Old 22nd May 2010, 21:17   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
No issues. Viraj has volunteered to help pick me from Thane. Now I'm thinking whether to make it to this meet or not. No fun without you and HVK (who will come in later).
Amongst all of this 'not coming' and 'coming late' there is it seems one good news that your daughter is now fit as a fiddle.

I do hope that I will be able to experience the meet through your camera.
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:00   #176
BHPian

Hey MX6,

Just give me a buzz before you reach so that I can be there at station to pick you up

I spoke to Kumar he says he will try his best to make it for lunch if not then meet everyone before we leave
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 09:40   #177
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks viraj and adheesh for volunteering to pick me up.
Thanks HVK for trying to squeeze in to your tough schedule.
I got some urgent stuff here. Some people visiting. Hence sorry to say that I can't make it in time.
Feeling sad. I shall make it over one of the weekends. I have the numbers of you people. And searching for The Scorpio in vasant vihar will not be a big problem I guess!
Thanks again guys. If my thing here gets over, I'll try driving down. If it's too late, I'd have to drop it.

The good part of this is, my Mahalog will continue, if I'm at home.

Last edited by MX6 : 23rd May 2010 at 09:49.
Old 23rd May 2010, 09:56   #178
BHPian

Well I hope you guys are coming, we will be there by 11 am. Please do wait for the other as I know not all will make it on time..
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:39   #179
BHPian

Nice meet guys.

Not as big as the last time, but a good bunch of petrolheads spent Sunday afternoon kicking back with some cool drinks, food and talk - of cars, travels, travails and even pet transportation!

True to form and IST (Indian Stretchable Time), members joined up at the meeting point from 10.15am till 12.00pm. From there we headed to Riviera for lunch. Various members dropped off and joined in at different times.

It kinda meandered on till 5 when the few remaining members - Dannybhai, egangsta, MX6, HVK and I finally disbanded, full of some good icecream

MX6, it was great that you could make it all the way from Pune even though unfortunately we had all just finished lunch when you arrived.

Good food, nice people, great conversation!

Pics to follow (hopefully)
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

10.15 am to 05.00 pm that is 7 hours!! Wow seems like this was a marathon meet. MX6 good to see you made it too. Did you drive or did you take the train? I trust you will post snaps.

Arre Vora bhai were you there and did you manage to fulfill the main agenda or was it just cold drinks for you.