Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd May 2010, 23:52   #181
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I drove. The pull was too strong that I decided to leave home by 11:30 and reached riviera in 3 hours time.
It was realy a great experience meeting one and all. Especially the King.
Yes. There are some phtos. They'll come tomorrow.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 08:44   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Arre Vora bhai were you there and did you manage to fulfill the main agenda or was it just cold drinks for you.
Yes yes yes!!!! I got lot of food and lot of drink (Cold drink's baba) as well. Thane Team-BHP guys are so careful for this kid that for next meet also they were thinking of JAIN food availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I drove.
Heads of to you man, driving from 'wrong end of pune' to thane with only for one purpose. MEET.

Which king you are talking of ?

Some photo's please.

@adheesh some photo's please.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 09:03   #183
Senior - BHPian

Smile I am loving it.

Defintely a nice meet and a great oppurtunity to meet the D-BHPians and S-BHPains. Special kudos to MX6 who made it all way from Pune just to meet, must admire your enthu man.
As usual Ed was in his usual form and looks, hope to see him in more gangsta forms. It was nice to meet him and HVK as well. Hope for the next meet HVK would have some additional cameras in his blacky.
One lesson learnt from this meet, decide within a week and meet. No point in deciding weeks before and debating the meeting point and eating points, takes the thrill out of the meet.
Time for the snaps please, photographers take the centre stage.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 09:14   #184
Senior - BHPian

Happy I could make it, although I was very late. It was a nice quiet get-together and MX6 was gracious enough to come all the way from Pune. Looks like many Thane/Mumbai guys have missed this thread and meet, hope to see all the next meet.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 09:20   #185
Senior - BHPian

Wink

@HVK

Next time request you to schedule the interviews at the Thane meet so that even we can ask some questions. Hope you would agree on that. One thing for the candidates for sure - drinks and lunch (on HVK of course)
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 10:31   #186
BHPian

It was a nice meet. Good to meet up with new people especially with MX6 who drove all the way from Pune. Please upload the pics guys..
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 11:10   #187
BHPian

Had a great time with like minded petroheads. Here are some of the photographs. The memory card played a havoc. These photographs are the ones I could recover.

Regards,
Adheesh
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-dsc03334.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-dsc03336.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-dsc03338.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-dsc03340.jpg  

adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 12:44   #188
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Heads of to you man, driving from 'wrong end of pune' to thane with only for one purpose. MEET.

Which king you are talking of ?
The pleasure was mine RJV (sounds like you are a cousin of RGV).
There's only one King. High Vay King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Special kudos to MX6 who made it all way from Pune just to meet, must admire your enthu man.
Thanks G hodlur. I wish things were smoother here at Pune that I could have stuck to my earlier plan of leaving early in the morning and reaching there for lunch. Next Thane meet, I will come and stay overnight with HVK. (hope he permits). I'm yet to have a look at his rock collection etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Happy I could make it, although I was very late. It was a nice quiet get-together and MX6 was gracious enough to come all the way from Pune. Looks like many Thane/Mumbai guys have missed this thread and meet, hope to see all the next meet.
Sirji, Thanks for your kind words. It was a great experience in Thane followed by the time at your place! I should thank all the members for patiently waiting for me post lunch outside riviera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
One thing for the candidates for sure - drinks and lunch (on HVK of course)
Icecreams as well on HVK next time. (now I'm sure he won't permit me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
It was a nice meet. Good to meet up with new people especially with MX6 who drove all the way from Pune. Please upload the pics guys..
Thanks egangsta. And thanks for the Sandwich. I had one of the two you bought. My mom had the other one in the night back in pune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Had a great time with like minded petroheads. Here are some of the photographs. The memory card played a havoc. These photographs are the ones I could recover.

Regards,
Adheesh
No issues Asheesh. I have some photos (may be 5 - 6), but nevertheless some value additions. I'll upload them tonight.

And guys, we were also graced by another member who is not so very active in T-BHP now. I guess she goes by the handle babeonwheels or something like that.

Upvan session was good. People who missed out of ice-creams, you missed a lot. Ice-creams were heavenly in that bad weather of thane. Many of us went for 2nd round!
Especially the choco-chip stuff was heavenly. slurrp.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:03   #189
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Here are 9 photos from my side. I reached late, hence missed the lunch as well as photographing the lunch. Most importantly missed some great conversation over lunch. I hear that my Rajmachi expedition was a great topic of discussion when machi was being devoured (I was also being devored!)

The whole "Gang" outside Riviera.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-1.jpg

The right flank was in spilts. Guess the A/C in riveira leaked N2O
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-2.jpg

EGangsta is caught pensive. Yes, it wasn't the N2O. It was HVK's comments on Egangsta's missing beard (long) and pony tail. That was what, that had us all in splits.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-3.jpg

Cars parked in the shade opposite to Upvan. We discussed about anything and everything. Almost all stories made fun of cops.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-4.jpg

HVK narrating a story in Leh. People looking seriously at the chipped rear lamp cover. Everything in his Scorpio has an associated story.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-5.jpg

Surprise visit of a lady. Babeonwheels. Topic of discussion was pet friendly hotels and long distance trips with pets. HVK has people in splits again.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-6.jpg

Dessert time. HVK is clearly not happy because the drive from Upvan to Gokul was just around 1.7 kms. That's the shortest distance he drove between two breaks. But the ice-creams were terrific.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-7.jpg

Q: What's better than HVK?
A: Two HVKs.
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-8.jpg

The Lion's Den. Consultancy time to Doctor. "You have another 1 hour to reach. Leave the first exit. Second will pop up shortly. Boards are clearly visible. You will first reach the Sarkej exit. It leads to Rajkot. Don't take that. Take the next exit after 1 km which says S-Ahmedabad City Exit-1,Sardar patel Ring Road. Take the Sardar Patel ring road. Don't worry, you still have 1 hour to reach"
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-9.jpg

That's all folks!

Last edited by MX6 : 24th May 2010 at 22:17.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:22   #190
Senior - BHPian

The photos and the commentary are hilarious, MX6.

But where were the other members missing this meet?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:25   #191
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Sirji, We need the next meet planned properly. When a thread starts too many weeks in advance, things fizzle out.
Let the rains start. We'll have the next meet planned with a proposed drive to Malsej.
For that one, I'll be there on time and keep my whole day free.
Old 24th May 2010, 23:20   #192
BHPian

Hey guys,

Here are few pics from my side
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-sdc11637.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-sdc11639.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-sdc11642.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-sdc11645.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-sdc11646.jpg  

viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 23:30   #193
BHPian

Nice pics and hilarious captions MX6.
Yup, if a meet thread starts out too much in advance, things tend to fizzle out. We can start the monsoon drive thread once the monsoons actually start!

Till then, we have this meet to remember
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 01:40   #194
Senior - BHPian

@MX6
3 hours!! from Pune to Thane on a Sunday, man what speeds were you doing? The expressway is over saturated on Sundays. How much time did you take for the return journey?

On another note, for your first snap could you post a Left to Right who is who. Right now I can recognize only HVK and Vora bhai.

@viraj_s85
Any closeups of the topless red beauty seen in your first snap?
What car is that? whom does it belong too? why is it missing from other snaps of the vehicles? and who is the dude riding the twinspark?

Sorry, too many questions at one go and we have not even been introduced. Hi, the handle is khoj! umm do I need to go further?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 14:20   #195
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@MX6
3 hours!! from Pune to Thane on a Sunday, man what speeds were you doing? The expressway is over saturated on Sundays. How much time did you take for the return journey?
The expressway was empty. The total distance from my home to riviera was 161 kms. Just one toll enroute (140 bucks on e-way).
I took 3 hours. So you can calculate the speeds yourself. The average speed worked out to 53.67 kmph. I stopped at an ATM before hitting the e-way. Switched off the garmin and hid it under the seat so that people don't picket my car. So as per Garmin the average speed was 58 off kmph.
That's a decent average speed over the e-way I guess.

HVK sir. I decided to take the NH3 - NH4 on the way back to avoid the speed breakers on the Airoli route which I took coming.
For starters, I had to pay a toll of around 60 bucks over 3 toll gates. Drat. NH4 seemed to climb up (I did this later in the evening as I took a break at another friend's place in thane. Started driving from his home at 8 pm), once I crossed Mumbra devi temple or so. The road was ok, but I went over a set of speed breakers at 55 - 60 kmph. So much for paying toll and going over the speed breakers.
For a moment I thought I'm lost and the satguide is playing tricks with me. Eventually I hit the e-way around 8-45 pm.
I feel that it's not worth paying 60 bucks across 3 toll gates to get on to e-way taking route when you can spend another 10 mins in the Airoli route, whose speed breakers are clearly marked and is free of cost.

To answer the other question of Khoj, there was a bit of traffic, especially between khopoli and lonavala in the e-way on teh way back. So I reached home at 10:45 (2 hours and 45 mins later). All the NH3 - NH4 did was save 15 mins of drive time as against my Airoli route.

Quote:
On another note, for your first snap could you post a Left to Right who is who. Right now I can recognize only HVK and Vora bhai.
Rest are all me in various disquises. It's a trick shot and I wanted to come in as many disguises as possible to escape you. But then, there was no need for it as you were stuck in Delhi.

Last edited by MX6 : 25th May 2010 at 14:31.