Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 29th December 2010, 15:19   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

aawww shucks I am working on the 9th sunday, would have loved to join in. Anyways I would hang around to see if anything changes on either fronts.
cheers!!
schitre05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 20:44   #242
MX6
Senior - BHPian

This thread seems to have gone cold yet again. Are there any updates yet on the Coal issue and the farmer's strike?

AnilisAnil and I might just drive over to Diveagar or Lonar if the meet doesn't happen.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:18   #243
BHPian

Guys, count me out of meets for a while. I'm in the US and wont be back for an year or so.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:29   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
This thread seems to have gone cold yet again. Are there any updates yet on the Coal issue and the farmer's strike?

AnilisAnil and I might just drive over to Diveagar or Lonar if the meet doesn't happen.
MX6 based on the 9th meet I will be starting from Delhi on Thursday.

All this coal/farmer business is just like the oil dealers strike prior to the Kaas meet. Let us work towards finalizing the destination between Kashid or Divegar and the ETA and meet there, others will join in.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:37   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
MX6 based on the 9th meet I will be starting from Delhi on Thursday.

All this coal/farmer business is just like the oil dealers strike prior to the Kaas meet. Let us work towards finalizing the destination between Kashid or Divegar and the ETA and meet there, others will join in.

Ah!! Now its finally rolling. So now its like Khoj, HVK, MX6 and anilisanil are meeting to eat is anyone else joining?

Awesome!!! So we are a step closer to the first meet of '11. MX6 and Me could not meet yet!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:39   #246
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Khoj.
That message is enough for me to start driving towards Kashid.
Let's meet at Wakan Phata on NH17 on 9th of Jan. Time can be decided in the coming days.
Anil. This time my car. You can hear the loud tire noise as well. My goodyears have become hard after 33K kms in 1 year!
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:56   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Ah!! Now its finally rolling. So now its like Khoj, HVK, MX6 and anilisanil are meeting to eat is anyone else joining?
Count me in if someone is kind enough to give a place in his car as cannot drive currently. (2 days back while on a bike had a unwanted incident due to which have slight pain in left knee and Dr has advised to take care of the same)

Quote:
My goodyears have become hard after 33K kms in 1 year!
33K in 1 year of driving... will be a pleasure to chat in person.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:54   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Khoj.
That message is enough for me to start driving towards Kashid.
Let's meet at Wakan Phata on NH17 on 9th of Jan. Time can be decided in the coming days.
Anil. This time my car. You can hear the loud tire noise as well. My goodyears have become hard after 33K kms in 1 year!
Thanks MX6

Done and on the way back I will see you off at Khopoli. I have been looking forward to drive on the Pen - Khopoli road one more time (actually many more times) before the upcoming industrial complexes cover up the natural beauty that abounds on that stretch. This means we should start back by 1545 hrs so as to be on this road by 1700 hrs or so to have enough sunlight to take in the views, trust that should be O.K. I am with starting back even earlier if you so desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Count me in if someone is kind enough to give a place in his car as cannot drive currently. (2 days back while on a bike had a unwanted incident due to which have slight pain in left knee and Dr has advised to take care of the same)

33K in 1 year of driving... will be a pleasure to chat in person.
Hi scrooze,
Since you want to meet MX6 you can drive out with me. On the return trip I will be taking a pit stop at Khopoli but I am sure there will be enough members at the meet driving back via New Bombay to Thane & Bombay so should not be a problem.

Where exactly are you in New Bombay, I will be starting from Vashi.

Last edited by khoj : 3rd January 2011 at 22:55.
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:14   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks MX6

Done and on the way back I will see you off at Khopoli. I have been looking forward to drive on the Pen - Khopoli road one more time (actually many more times) before the upcoming industrial complexes cover up the natural beauty that abounds on that stretch. This means we should start back by 1545 hrs so as to be on this road by 1700 hrs or so to have enough sunlight to take in the views, trust that should be O.K. I am with starting back even earlier if you so desire.

Hi scrooze,
Since you want to meet MX6 you can drive out with me. On the return trip I will be taking a pit stop at Khopoli but I am sure there will be enough members at the meet driving back via New Bombay to Thane & Bombay so should not be a problem.

Where exactly are you in New Bombay, I will be starting from Vashi.
Hi,

As mentioned earlier, I would also like to join ( if organizers are OK with it). I will traveling from Miraroad, so please let me know what time and place to meet.

Thanks,

Anuj
Anuj_Mumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:37   #250
MX6
Senior - BHPian

nice to see this thread picking up steam finally!
And Scrooze. It would be a pleasure to meet you too.
Anuj. Please do join. Mumbai/ Thane people meet at McDs mostly near Vashi I guess. Check with Khoj/ Hvkumar/ Bolbolero/ Issigonis/ Iqbal veerji from that part of the world.
I shall try to bring in a rather reticent member called Ranjith.Rajaram. AnilisAnil is a sure starter.

Khoj. Anytime is good time to break. Let's belt down that route before the industries spoil the beauty!

@AshishPallod. Are you back from Ganpatipule? Want to make it to Kashid?
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:53   #251
BHPian

Quote:
nice to see this thread picking up steam finally!
And Scrooze. It would be a pleasure to meet you too.
Anuj. Please do join. Mumbai/ Thane people meet at McDs mostly near Vashi I guess. Check with Khoj/ Hvkumar/ Bolbolero/ Issigonis/ Iqbal veerji from that part of the world.
I shall try to bring in a rather reticent member called Ranjith.Rajaram. AnilisAnil is a sure starter.

Khoj. Anytime is good time to break. Let's belt down that route before the industries spoil the beauty!

Thanks MX6.
Hi Khoj/ Hvkumar/ Bolbolero/ Issigonis/ Iqbal veerji....
Please let me know where we can meet and what time.

Anuj
Anuj_Mumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 01:26   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey it will be great to meet up with Ranjith, this is a family meet after all
On a different note, how about getting WDM007 too. I have not seen him post much on the forum after the infraction meet. It will be a disappointment if he choses to keep away.

I too will get in touch with Kartho and see if he wants to join in. He called me recently and had an interesting story to tell as to how his brother and yours truly have met in Delhi in of all places a car accessories showroom, discussed all things automotive and of course the Cedia but as complete strangers and then half a year later the two brothers discover that they both individually and separately know the guy who drives the Blue Streak in Dilli . it will be great to meet him and get more details.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:11   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
Hi,

As mentioned earlier, I would also like to join ( if organizers are OK with it). I will traveling from Miraroad, so please let me know what time and place to meet.

Thanks,

Anuj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
Thanks MX6.
Hi Khoj/ Hvkumar/ Bolbolero/ Issigonis/ Iqbal veerji....
Please let me know where we can meet and what time.

Anuj
Hi Anuj_Mumbai

Sorry to have missed your posts last night. Generally the team assembles at the McD at Kalamboli. I believe it should be the same this time around, unless someone has a better idea or an alternate route in mind. You will find times etc. being posted in the coming days.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:34   #254
Senior - BHPian

I think McD is the best meeting point.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 10:38   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am already back from Ganapatipule on 2nd jan early morning.

As i will travel to tirupati and banglore on 18th this month, back to back trips in every week is no no for me.

I hope, you guys will enjoy the meet.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote