Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 10:42   #256
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 435
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Upps, just saw this thread, but last week only went to goa and before that was at Kashid only, really want to make for this as i can see good nos for Mumbaikars and Punekars coming for the meet. Problem is am not at home, for last 6 weekends, each weekend am out somewhere.
Good to see khoj bhai back to mumbai.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 10:47   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

You are blessed with a long life parimal_g. I was just thinkung that I should call you regarding the meet and here you are. So, I trust you are ready to make it 7 weekends away from home :-)
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 11:27   #258
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

@AP bhau. We will miss you. But please help suggest a nice place to eat in Kashid.

1. Need veggie food for people like me.
2. Need nice ambience that would befit a t-bhp meet.
3. Need to keep costs low for many members here.

@Parimal. Incidentally, 2 or 3 of those weekend trips you have been at Pune. And I've not been here then. So make it 7. Let's meet up after 7 weekends. Need to get my nose away from the stench of mula / mootha river and smell something good for a change.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 12:25   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,607
Thanked: 1,855 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

I am glad you are having this meet but a bit envious too (in a goodway though!)
I hope you bring back pics for all those who cannot attend
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 13:01   #260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks MX6

Hi scrooze,
Since you want to meet MX6 you can drive out with me. On the return trip I will be taking a pit stop at Khopoli but I am sure there will be enough members at the meet driving back via New Bombay to Thane & Bombay so should not be a problem.

Where exactly are you in New Bombay, I will be starting from Vashi.
Thanks Khoj. I am from Sanpada. Will PM you my contact details now and can decide where to catch up.
As for coming part if there are no members who are going through Navi Mumbai will always have options of ST buses to Navi Mumbai
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 15:53   #261
BHPian
 
genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 764
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

1. Need veggie food for people like me.
2. Need nice ambience that would befit a t-bhp meet.
3. Need to keep costs low for many members here.
The beach stalls in Kashid can probably satisfy point 3 with maggi and omlette. There really is no place (as far as I know) which satisfies 1 and 2 other than resorts (which dont make sense if you are not staying overnight). Prakruti resorts in Kashid does a buffet lunch but I dont think it is cheap.

You can hang out at kashid (the beach is better than Murud) but to eat decent food you would have to go another 15 km odd to Murud.
genesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 16:08   #262
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 435
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@AP bhau. We will miss you. But please help suggest a nice place to eat in Kashid.

1. Need veggie food for people like me.
2. Need nice ambience that would befit a t-bhp meet.
3. Need to keep costs low for many members here.

@Parimal. Incidentally, 2 or 3 of those weekend trips you have been at Pune. And I've not been here then. So make it 7. Let's meet up after 7 weekends. Need to get my nose away from the stench of mula / mootha river and smell something good for a change.
For the food i thing best bet is Alibagh, there is one very good Restaurant at Vadkhal Naka, Murud you will get some good food.

Yes agree with MX need to keep cost low., My new year Resolution to spend less .


I was in Pune for only one weekend and you went to Karnataka the same time.Yes this month i will have to come to Pune, will meet sure this time.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 16:12   #263
BHPian
 
parimal_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 435
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You are blessed with a long life parimal_g. I was just thinkung that I should call you regarding the meet and here you are. So, I trust you are ready to make it 7 weekends away from home :-)
Thanks Sir, I will try my best, lets see what reason i can give at home..
So when are you coming back to Mumbai.Our BTC met is still pending.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 18:30   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
The beach stalls in Kashid can probably satisfy point 3 with maggi and omlette. There really is no place (as far as I know) which satisfies 1 and 2 other than resorts (which dont make sense if you are not staying overnight). Prakruti resorts in Kashid does a buffet lunch but I dont think it is cheap.

You can hang out at kashid (the beach is better than Murud) but to eat decent food you would have to go another 15 km odd to Murud.
Well pav omlette works fine for me but it would be nice to know how much is the buffet at Prakruti. Anyone? What options are there at Murud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Thanks Khoj. I am from Sanpada. Will PM you my contact details now and can decide where to catch up.
As for coming part if there are no members who are going through Navi Mumbai will always have options of ST buses to Navi Mumbai
scrooze, I have your pm and will call you once I reach Bombay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
For the food i thing best bet is Alibagh, there is one very good Restaurant at Vadkhal Naka, Murud you will get some good food.
Hey Parimal, do you know 'Aunty's Ice cream soda' place on the Vadkhal naka ~ Alibag road. I hope it is still operational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Thanks Sir, I will try my best, lets see what reason i can give at home..
So when are you coming back to Mumbai.Our BTC met is still pending.
Yes BTC is pending indeed but don't worry I am sure we will take care of that soon enough. BTW have you been there after the renovation?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 20:18   #265
BHPian
 
f1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 693
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Can I join in too (if that is ok)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You are blessed with a long life parimal_g. I was just thinkung that I should call you regarding the meet and here you are. So, I trust you are ready to make it 7 weekends away from home :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Thanks Sir, I will try my best, lets see what reason i can give at home..
Parimal, ata bhav khau nakos.
Khoj Bhai: It will surely be 7 weekends away from home for Parimal.

BTW I checked with Issignosi, SuperSelect and BolBolero. Following are their updates:
Issigonis: Is currently in Udaipur on this trip back. Would be back to Mumbai tomorrow night. He has currently declined but I believe a little bit of persuation should do the trick.
SuperSelect has a function in the family and hence cant make it.
BolBolero: Is tentatively in, would confirm by Friday.

One last question: Is this a family meet or only us?

Cheers
f1fan
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 20:41   #266
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 279 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I think McD is the best meeting point.
Kumar ji,Kindly tell me howmany kms is Kashid from MacD Kalambboli, and if I am right we will have to take road which goes to pen, alibaug......
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 20:56   #267
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,345 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji,Kindly tell me howmany kms is Kashid from MacD Kalambboli, and if I am right we will have to take road which goes to pen, alibaug......
Approximately 100 kms from Kalamboli McD, via Panvel, Karnala, Pen, Vadgal Naka, Alibag & Revdanda. Should take 2 hours+, depending on how early one leaves Kalamboli. Traffic is very high in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal Naka section, and roads very narrow from Alibag onwards.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 21:47   #268
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 279 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Approximately 100 kms from Kalamboli McD, via Panvel, Karnala, Pen, Vadgal Naka, Alibag & Revdanda. Should take 2 hours+, depending on how early one leaves Kalamboli. Traffic is very high in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal Naka section, and roads very narrow from Alibag onwards.
Kumar ji in that case it would be ideal to leave MaD latst by 8.00 AM. if it is OK by all.as we will not be travelling by Expressway,and would be driving on very dangerous highway full of Goa buses and trucks,same road goes to Mahableshwar also.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 21:53   #269
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,345 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji in that case it would be ideal to leave MaD latst by 8.00 AM. if it is OK by all.as we will not be travelling by Expressway,and would be driving on very dangerous highway full of Goa buses and trucks,same road goes to Mahableshwar also.
I agree!
The earlier the better. In fact, I would set a earlier target time for departure since after 8, NH17 till Vadgal Phata becomes very messy even on Sundays.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 22:13   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 220 Times
Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Sorry guys. Can't make it yet again.

Fiat Club meet in the morning.
Big Fat Family Function afternoon onwards..

Will miss you all.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 4th January 2011 at 22:14.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 1221 2nd January 2012 11:54
The "Farewell Issigonis" meet !! (Lunch: Sun 13th of Feb, Mumbai) SuperSelect The Team-BHP Meet Section 139 30th April 2011 06:43
Lunch meet on Monday 16th Feb - Hyderabad Rajesh Rawal The Team-BHP Meet Section 195 27th February 2009 22:50
Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 190 23rd December 2008 22:28
The Kool Sparky Meet in Bangy - Sunday (14th) Lunch Nimz The Team-BHP Meet Section 30 19th October 2007 13:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks