Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 5th January 2011, 11:21   #271
naj
BHPian

Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@AP bhau. We will miss you. But please help suggest a nice place to eat in Kashid.

1. Need veggie food for people like me.
2. Need nice ambience that would befit a t-bhp meet.
3. Need to keep costs low for many members here.

@Parimal. Incidentally, 2 or 3 of those weekend trips you have been at Pune. And I've not been here then. So make it 7. Let's meet up after 7 weekends. Need to get my nose away from the stench of mula / mootha river and smell something good for a change.
Hi!

MX6 ,Anilisanil could you advice as to which route will you be taking?
starting time etc.

Cheers,
Naj
naj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 11:28   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!

starting time etc.

Cheers,
Naj

I am not driving my figo this time, will be in MX6' car, time is not yet decided but he will be picking me up from my place in Bhavdhan (luckily I live near the Mum-Pune Highway), we will however update you once the time is fixed. Good to know that you too are joining.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 12:51   #273
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
The beach stalls in Kashid can probably satisfy point 3 with maggi and omlette.
thanks Genesis. I love Maggi! Sounds very inviting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
For the food i thing best bet is Alibagh, there is one very good Restaurant at Vadkhal Naka, Murud you will get some good food.

Yes agree with MX need to keep cost low., My new year Resolution to spend less .
Good. Let's take a consensus and go accordingly to the venue. This meet is more to greet members on new year rather than succumb to gluttony (which will eventually happen )

Quote:
So when are you coming back to Mumbai.Our BTC met is still pending.
What is this BTC meet? Why aren't other's invited to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Anyone? What options are there at Murud?

Hey Parimal, do you know 'Aunty's Ice cream soda' place on the Vadkhal naka ~ Alibag road. I hope it is still operational.
There should be plenty as it's a commercial place. And This Ice cream soda seems a good place to stop by on the return leg before punekars can break off from the convoy, after icecreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Can I join in too (if that is ok)?

One last question: Is this a family meet or only us?

Cheers
f1fan
Please do. By all means. And let's drag Issigonis. Only he can drag Superselect (kicking and screaming).
And I don't mind a family meet either. But then my parents won't be around this time. So feel free to bring your family. I'll check with my wife on how she is placed for a weekend drive to Kashid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Approximately 100 kms from Kalamboli McD, via Panvel, Karnala, Pen, Vadgal Naka, Alibag & Revdanda. Should take 2 hours+, depending on how early one leaves Kalamboli. Traffic is very high in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal Naka section, and roads very narrow from Alibag onwards.
HVK saar. Please suggest a meeting point for us guys from Pune. We'd be driving down E-Way and branching off at Khopoli and taking the Pali road to join NH17 on Wakan Phata. Is that the same as Vadgal Naka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji in that case it would be ideal to leave MaD latst by 8.00 AM. if it is OK by all.as we will not be travelling by Expressway,and would be driving on very dangerous highway full of Goa buses and trucks,same road goes to Mahableshwar also.
Yes saar. Please freeze the time at which you leave McD and when you reach meeting point on NH17. Accordingly, Punekars will plan and join you guys. I've asked HVK to propose a meeting spot on NH17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Sorry guys. Can't make it yet again.

Fiat Club meet in the morning.
Big Fat Family Function afternoon onwards..

Will miss you all.
Not done saar. Simply not done. Cant' you shift the big fat family function to the beach (or later in the night?)
And we'd love if you drive your fiat down to Kashid.

@Issigonis. It's high time we get to see how superselect comes kicking and screaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hi!

starting time etc.

Cheers,
Naj
Bavdhan - Chandnichowk - NH4 - E-way - Khopoli exit - Pali - Wakan phata - Kashid.
We can meet at Chandnichowk and drive as convoy. Since my tires are hard, I'd not be driving more than 80 on the e-way.
We can meet up with Mumbai people on NH17. Watch this space for time.
Do bring your hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am not driving my figo this time, will be in MX6' car, time is not yet decided but he will be picking me up from my place in Bhavdhan (luckily I live near the Mum-Pune Highway), we will however update you once the time is fixed. Good to know that you too are joining.
Yes Anil. I shall pick you up. pleasure is mine!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 13:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:
What is this BTC meet?
I think BTC stands for Bhagat Tarachand. It is a restaurant chain which servers very good Veg food .
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 14:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:
So when are you coming back to Mumbai.Our BTC met is still pending.
Quote:
Yes BTC is pending indeed but don't worry I am sure we will take care of that soon enough. BTW have you been there after the renovation?
Quote:
What is this BTC meet? Why aren't other's invited to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
I think BTC stands for Bhagat Tarachand. It is a restaurant chain which servers very good Veg food .
Yup, it is.

Let me spill the beans out: There was a plan to have a sort of a sub-meet of folks staying in the Vashi/Airoli area at Bhagat Tarachand Restaurant near the APMC market at Vashi and Khoj and Parimal signed up for that. I am anyway planning to gate crash that meet. You are welcome too.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 15:30   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Yup, it is.

Let me spill the beans out: There was a plan to have a sort of a sub-meet of folks staying in the Vashi/Airoli area at Bhagat Tarachand Restaurant near the APMC market at Vashi and Khoj and Parimal signed up for that. I am anyway planning to gate crash that meet. You are welcome too.
Thanks for the reply.Yes and the food is very good at BTC, gtrat for veggies.Tu kadhi jayacha bol.
MX6, Saar nothing like that, it was just because its very near to my office and Khoj's place.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 16:15   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HVK saar. Please suggest a meeting point for us guys from Pune. We'd be driving down E-Way and branching off at Khopoli and taking the Pali road to join NH17 on Wakan Phata. Is that the same as Vadgal Naka?

Bavdhan - Chandnichowk - NH4 - E-way - Khopoli exit - Pali - Wakan phata - Kashid.
MX6, No need to go to Pali and Wakan Naka, which is different from Wadkhal naka.

At the Khopoli toll ask for the exit to PEN, they will ask you take a U turn towards Pune and another immediate left handed U turn into the right most toll lane facing towards Bombay. This is the exit to Khalapur. Couple of hundred meters of driving along the Xpressway brings you to a T junction. Right goes to Khalapur and the left goes under the Xpress way and on to join the Khopoli Pen toll road.

The other way is U turn towards Pune, take exit to Khopoli. At the overlap with with Khopoli PEN road sharp right handed U turn on to the Xpress way over bridge and proceed towards PEN.

This will bring you to Pen, Here the choices are either to take the Pen bypass (continue on the wide toll road hanging right) and join the Bombay Goa highway in a T, take left and proceed to Vadkhal Naka which is another T, with the NH turning left towards Wakan naka/Goa and the straight going to Alibag + Kashid. The other choice above was to continue straight into PEN drive through and join the BOM GOA further ahead just before the Konkan rail overbridge.

Trust I made sense.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 17:36   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.Yes and the food is very good at BTC, gtrat for veggies.
I think you should also try Nanumal Bhojraj also at APMC Vashi almost the same kind of food less waiting time and about 10-15% less expensive then BTC.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 21:24   #279
Senior - BHPian

hvkumar,
Would you kindly do the honours of deciding a meeting point and time for Thane,Bombay & New Bombay members as also our probable ETA at Vadkhal for the Poona members to meet us there.
Old 5th January 2011, 21:26   #280
Senior - BHPian

Well, a few suggestions have come for the food part of the meet.

At Vadgal Naka, I am told that the Sudha Santhi hotel serves excellent misal, vad pava and kothambir vadi.

In Kashid, near the Prakruti Resort, there are a few eating joints, a couple of them serving good Maharashtrian thalis and much besides. So I think the food problem is sorted out.

Another suggestion is to go on beyond Kashid to the Chikni Beach, which is a small less-known beach - without any crowds - almost adjacent to the Pallonji Mistry bungalow. Does anyone know the exact location, apparently <5 kms south of Kashid Beach.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 21:30   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At Vadgal Naka, I am told that the Sudha Santhi hotel serves excellent misal, vad pava and kothambir vadi.
Drool drool Misal in the morning is just mouth watering besides the eyes, nose &

hvkumar timings and meeting point too.
Old 5th January 2011, 21:34   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hvkumar,
Would you kindly do the honours of deciding a meeting point and time for Thane,Bombay & New Bombay members as also our probable ETA at Vadkhal for the Poona members to meet us there.
I would suggest a slightly earlier departure time of 730 am at McD Kalamboli to meet the messy traffic in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal sector.

That would mean arrival at Vadgal Naka at 830 am at the latest. We could have breakfast there and proceed to Kashid.

Working backwards, that would mean:
- Navi MUmbai guys leave at least 30 minutes prior to meet time at McD
- Thane guys 60 minutes prior
- Central Mumbai also 60 minutes prior.

Does that sound OK.
Old 5th January 2011, 22:09   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest a slightly earlier departure time of 730 am at McD Kalamboli to meet the messy traffic in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal sector.

That would mean arrival at Vadgal Naka at 830 am at the latest. We could have breakfast there and proceed to Kashid.

Working backwards, that would mean:
- Navi MUmbai guys leave at least 30 minutes prior to meet time at McD
- Thane guys 60 minutes prior
- Central Mumbai also 60 minutes prior.

Does that sound OK.
Kumar ji I stay at Versova what time you want us to be at MaD kALAMBOLI and how much cash to be carried for 3 Incl me for food etc
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 22:14   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji I stay at Versova what time you want us to be at MaD kALAMBOLI and how much cash to be carried for 3 Incl me for food etc
Considering it is a Sunday, I guess if you leave Versova by 630 am, you should reach McD comfortably, as early as 715 am.

Food should not be expensive, expect something like Rs 300 per head max, all-inclusive.
Old 5th January 2011, 23:57   #285
BHPian

Kumar sir, as mentioned I have training session on 8th whole day so not too sure about driving again on Sunday... Is it possible if I can hitch hike with some from Thane gang?? and honestly I am not that good at group driving on long trips (Or should I say I don't trust sanity on open roads )
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote