Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 5th January 2011, 23:58   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Kumar sir, as mentioned I have training session on 8th whole day so not too sure about driving again on Sunday... Is it possible if I can hitch hike with some from Thane gang?? and honestly I am not that good at group driving on long trips (Or should I say I don't trust sanity on open roads )
Hitch a ride with me
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 00:34   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Hitch a ride with me
Ohh thanks a lot sir... I will meet you at Big Bazar or Majiwada on Sunday just let me know what time??
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 10:50   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Not done saar. Simply not done. Cant' you shift the big fat family function to the beach (or later in the night?)
And we'd love if you drive your fiat down to Kashid.

@Issigonis. It's high time we get to see how superselect comes kicking and screaming. !
Saar unavoidable saar . You make me and my Fiat feel so special, as always !
Next time, I'm in for sure..
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 11:45   #289
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Anil.
we can leave by 6 am to catch up with mumbai folks at wadgul naka for breakfast. else we can leave later and catch them in kashid directly. what say you?

@super. next time you decide the dates. that way we won't have any big fat thing coming in.

Last edited by MX6 : 6th January 2011 at 11:46.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 11:49   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anil.
we can leave by 6 am to catch up with mumbai folks at wadgul naka for breakfast. else we can leave later and catch them in kashid directly. what say you?

We have Naj joining us too (probably) so I will go with majority

Essentially whichever way it is comfortable for you and Naj !!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 13:49   #291
BHPian

Quote:
And I don't mind a family meet either. But then my parents won't be around this time. So feel free to bring your family. I'll check with my wife on how she is placed for a weekend drive to Kashid.
I would be coming alone. My son has an assessment on Monday, hence my wife has opted out of this.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 14:57   #292
BHPian

Alright folks I see lot of members coming for this meet lets make a quick list so that we know how many are coming??

Lunch Meet / Drive on 9th Jan, 2011
Place: Kashid Beach, Alibaug
Meeting Point: Panvel Mcd (For all Mumbai Members) 7.30 AM
Wadgal Naka (For Pune and Mumbai Member) 8.15 AM

Confirm Members:

HVkumar
Viraj_s85
Khoj
MX6
Iqbal Veerji
Anilisanil
F1Fan
Naj
Parimal_g
scrooze
Anuj_Mumbai

I hope I didn't miss any1...

@Mods: I know I should have told you this first time but forgot can you please please change the thread name to "Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane on 9th Jan 2011" sorry for the trouble
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 19:44   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hitch a ride with me
Sir ji, I and my both sons will be at McD at or before 7.30 AM. If 5.to 10 mins here and there pls bear with us. Regards.......I will be in my sons RED SWIFT VDI Regd No. MH.O2.BG.2413 with Team Bhp Stickers at front glass and both no. plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
MX6, No need to go to Pali and Wakan Naka, which is different from Wadkhal naka.

At the Khopoli toll ask for the exit to PEN, they will ask you take a U turn towards Pune and another immediate left handed U turn into the right most toll lane facing towards Bombay. This is the exit to Khalapur. Couple of hundred meters of driving along the Xpressway brings you to a T junction. Right goes to Khalapur and the left goes under the Xpress way and on to join the Khopoli Pen toll road.

The other way is U turn towards Pune, take exit to Khopoli. At the overlap with with Khopoli PEN road sharp right handed U turn on to the Xpress way over bridge and proceed towards PEN.

This will bring you to Pen, Here the choices are either to take the Pen bypass (continue on the wide toll road hanging right) and join the Bombay Goa highway in a T, take left and proceed to Vadkhal Naka which is another T, with the NH turning left towards Wakan naka/Goa and the straight going to Alibag + Kashid. The other choice above was to continue straight into PEN drive through and join the BOM GOA further ahead just before the Konkan rail overbridge.

Trust I made sense.
Bhra ji,Where you will join us is it at McD kalamboli, again Pls suggest us the menu as usual.

Last edited by Dippy : 8th January 2011 at 18:52. Reason: Back to back posts
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 22:54   #294
MX6
Senior - BHPian

We'd be there in Wadgul naka by 8:15 am. Please allow 10 - 15 minutes buffer time just in case.

Anil. We need to hit NH4 by 6:15 in the morning to do this. I shall pick you up by 6:10 in the morning.

Naj. We shall wait at Chandni chowk for you at 6:15. We can drive over to Khopoli and then to Pen.

@Khoj. In case you are reading this, thanks for your directions to Wadgul naka. Instead of taking the Khopoli pali route that I normally take, I need to get on to Khopoli Pen road as I see it in simple terms.

I have f1fan's, HVK's and your number with me.

@Parimal. Now I get it. BTC is Bhagatchand, Tarachand or something like that. Dude. I love the food there. Count me in for a lunch meet there on a weekend in feb.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 00:41   #295
Senior - BHPian

Posting from camp Kishangad.

Quote:
@Khoj. In case you are reading this, thanks for your directions to Wadgul naka. Instead of taking the Khopoli pali route that I normally take, I need to get on to Khopoli Pen road as I see it in simple terms.

I have f1fan's, HVK's and your number with me.
MX6, my directions can be quite winding In simple terms you got it spot on.

Quote:
@Parimal. Now I get it. BTC is Bhagatchand, Tarachand or something like that. Dude. I love the food there. Count me in for a lunch meet there on a weekend in feb.
Good to hear that. I drive back towards the end of January let's see if we can set dates accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Bhra ji,Where you will join us is it at McD kalamboli, again Pls suggest us the menu as usual.
Veerji menu is simple

@ McD : Breakfast Menu @70/ and @65 (without cheese)- includes an egg biscuit(steam cooked egg in a bun) with hash browns(in cutlet form) and coffee. For Veggies the egg is replaced with some sort of veg pattie.

Mind you McD at Kalamboli can get pretty busy in the mornings. Order as soon as you reach.

@ Vadkal naka : Misal pav, Usal, Vada Pav, Poha, Upma (may be).

@ Kashid : Omlette Pav, buffet at Prakarti resort, maybe some shack cooking fish. Nariyal Pani.

@ on the road : Aunty's Ice cream flavoured Soda (if the shack restaurant still exists)

@ Panvel : on the way back

Bhajiya from the haath gadi at HP petrol pump (not dutt snacks) this is near the 'Paanchmukhi Hanumanji mandir'

Bengali mithai from Bengali mithai wala (who else ) outside ONGC colony gates. I forget the shops name but it has a maroonish glow signboard with the mane running in running hand in english. The owner is a native of Bengal (not Bangladesh).

Members attending

HVkumar
Viraj_s85
Khoj + tentatively a friend/inactive tbhp member (if I can manage that will be x 2)
MX6 + family? & Ranjith??
Iqbal Veerji + sons
Anilisanil
F1Fan +family
Naj
Parimal_g
scrooze
Anuj_Mumbai
Issigonis (on the fence) MX6. hvkumar a phone call from you guys may be what the doctor ordered.

Last edited by khoj : 7th January 2011 at 00:49.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 07:47   #296
BHPian

Cool, I was keeping an eye on this thread but had alternate plans going on. Could not make it possible. Me driving to Diveagar this Saturday eve, then moveing ahead to Mahabaleshwar and Tapola and back to Mumbai via Wai/Pune on Monday.

One more thing, if possible try to enjoy beach at Nandgaon (Naygoan) as it is still untouch. Kashid, on Sundays is now like our old 90's Juhu Chowparty.

Above all wish you all a very happy journey and good time.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 18:40   #297
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am extremely sorry, I need to opt out as sudden official work came up for sunday, which I am not able to avoid.
I am really feeling very sad as I am missing this great opportunity, which I was waiting for long.
Anyways, enjoy all of you, may be better luck to me next time.

Anuj
Anuj_Mumbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 20:41   #298
Senior - BHPian

I also got some of my Mahindra Scorpio group members and maybe we should see 3 more Scorpios also join the fray!
Old 7th January 2011, 20:55   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also got some of my Mahindra Scorpio group members and maybe we should see 3 more Scorpios also join the fray!
Kumar ji, pls be with us throughout , as we will be in our humble SWIFT VDI and you guys in big monsters trumbling every one who comes in their way......hahahahaha......REGARDS.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 21:13   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji, pls be with us throughout , as we will be in our humble SWIFT VDI and you guys in big monsters trumbling every one who comes in their way......hahahahaha......REGARDS.
Iqbalji Veerji, some of them are also tbhp members, so don't worry, am not trundling away anywhere!