Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 11th January 2011, 14:42   #346
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
guys, what route did you take to Murud from mumbai. Is it the same pen-alibaug-murud or do we have something shorter and faster.
No, we went via the same route. Panvel-Pen-Vadkhal Naka-Alibag-Revdanda-Kashid-Murud and back the same way.

Weekend traffic at Vadkhal Naka is awful, we were all jammed before the naka for 15-30 minutes. For the rest of the route, it was one continoous line of vehicles heading for the beaches.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 14:45   #347
Senior - BHPian

Guys posting now edited version of my photos first lot of our most lovable and memorable EAT AND MEET yesterday to Kashi.. ooops...Murud Janjira fort...... Enjoy the photos
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash01.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash02.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-03.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-04.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-05.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-06.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-08.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-10.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-11.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-12.jpg  

IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 14:49   #348
BHPian

Looks like I missed a great drive and meet here. I just bumped into this thread and saw what a fantastic time you guys had.

MX6 Saaar humko bhi bata dete ki aap jaa rahe ho. It would have been great to join you and Anilsanil from Pune.

Khoj saab, F1fan, Bolbolero, Parimal g nice to see you all having a good time. Reminded me of the our Kaas meet.

Last edited by Turboholic : 11th January 2011 at 14:56.
Turboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 14:54   #349
Senior - BHPian

Guys posting now edited version of my photos first lot of our most lovable and memorable EAT AND MEET yesterday to Kashi.. ooops...Murud Janjira fort...... Enjoy the photos
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-14.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-15.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-16.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-17.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-18.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-20.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-24.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-21.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-22.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-27.jpg  

Old 11th January 2011, 15:00   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcrpl View Post
guys, what route did you take to Murud from mumbai. Is it the same pen-alibaug-murud or do we have something shorter and faster.
Yes the mentioned route is best, the one Route is From Roha but that is longer Route infact much longer.
If you dont want to Drive take a ferry from Gate Way of India/Mazgoan to Rewas is also better option, from Rewas its 25 Kms.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:08   #351
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
Looks like I missed a great drive and meet here. I just bumped into this thread and saw what a fantastic time you guys had.

MX6 Saaar humko bhi bata dete ki aap jaa rahe ho. It would have been great to join you and Anilsanil from Pune.

Khoj saab, F1fan, Bolbolero, Parimal g nice to see you all having a good time. Reminded me of the our Kaas meet.
Oh. Oh. Turbo. Sorry about that. i didn't pm people or call them. I just was calling for as many punekars in the thread itself. Many had other plans.

Please keep a tab on any meet happening in Maharashtra in future. This is one hell of a happening place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
There is a humble request to dear HV KUMAR JI Please never ever miss any meets in future.
A-Ha. Now HVK has got one more admirer! Saar. Let's catch up on BTC meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@MX6, anilisanil & Parimal_g, more pics from your side please!
Bol. My photos will take a while. I shot them all on raw format. Hence compressing them to 1/1000th their size is going to be laborious. Nevertheless, you can get to see them by this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
MX6, that is a done deal.

Finally a BIG Thank You to all of you for making my DEL BOM drive a memorable one for the second time running.
Yeah. We need to get together at BTC and discuss about upcoming drives and dines.
And thanks for making this meet memorable for the second time running by driving down all the way from Delhi, oops. Dilli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Looks like all of you had a blast. I will keep visiting this section often now to make sure that I am aware of the meets. Would love to be a part of it
Not Really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Great snaps. Too bad I had to miss this. As usual I was hoping to make a last minute appearance at the meeting point. Planning to go to Kashid with office colleagues sometime soon.

Biju
Well well, had you come to this meet, we'd have had a temple architecture special discourse to the lot by the famous swami Bijuananda. Reading your thread, Scrooze is now geared up to visit those places. You were missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Khoj,Sir dont you think 15 days wait is too long for the BTC meet.

MX6: Lets meet in Pune for the Tapari meet, will let you know when am coming,Anil you can also try for the meet.
It is worth the wait. MX6 can come down only then! But no one is stopping you from having a quickie earlier.

And let's have the tapri this weekend! There's already a thread started for that!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 15:21   #352
Senior - BHPian

Some more pic pls.. pls enjoy them this is the last lot
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-p1091486.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-p1091432.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-41.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-40.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-39.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-36.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-30.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-29.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-28.jpg  

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-kash-26.jpg  

Old 11th January 2011, 15:59   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Khoj,Sir dont you think 15 days wait is too long for the BTC meet.

MX6: Lets meet in Pune for the Tapari meet, will let you know when am coming,Anil you can also try for the meet.
Yes, 15 days is indeed quite long, tonight then? call me!!

Let me know when is this tapari meet, I want to join in too. As it is the Blue Streak is due for its 3rd service and driving to Poona is enjoyable than driving to Malad

Quote:
HVK Sir, it really difficult to keep the pace with you, and great to meet you again.
I for one do not believe you are saying that. You were zipping on the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboholic

Hey turboholic, I thought of calling you but then recalled from our tele conversation post Kaas that your off is on Thursdays, so dropped the idea. Had you been there you could have met Viraj_s85. He has an uncanny resemblance to you and even your temperaments (meet wise ) are similar.

Last edited by khoj : 11th January 2011 at 16:17. Reason: responding to turboholic's post
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 16:04   #354
BHPian

It was an excellent meet. Enjoyed to the fullest. Just a couple of days prior to the meet, I and Parimal were discussing the fact that we all havent met in sometime now and then we saw this thread for the Kashid beach.

A big thanks to Parimal for letting me ride with him after the incident with my windshield. It was great fun riding with him on his beast. I still recollect the drive back where we and Iqbal ji trying to keep up with HVK as he would vanish in a second. Thanks HVK for being our Pilot during the trip.

Also a big bunch of thanks to Viraj for taking care of us. He was always there to check whether we all were there and took care of food, etc for the group.

It was great meeting the old kaas gang and looking forward to more including the now upcoming BTC meet. Looks like we will need more than a few tables there on that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post

Turbo: We missed our superman on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I for one do not believe you are saying that. You were zipping on the twisties
We were even airborne for a few seconds on the way back to Kashid from Murud. Believe me, that is one stonker of an engine but HVK is HVK, give him just one second and he is gone. HVK was in his element on the drive back and it was really fun and challenging trying to keep up with him.

Last edited by f1fan : 11th January 2011 at 16:10.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 16:19   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Believe me, that is one stonker of an engine but HVK is HVK, give him just one second and he is gone. HVK was in his element on the drive back and it was really fun and challenging trying to keep up with him.
I and Viraj were the luck persons who were riding with HVK.

I can see that BTC meet is taking a great shape. There is a suggestion from my side if we are say about 20 - 25 persons who are going to make it to BTC on that day there is a small area in BTC which can be booked. This will avoid waiting time and can enjoy for longer time. But this needs to be done in advance.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 08:05   #356
BHPian

@Veerji - thanks for those lovely pics. The one of me with Mrs. Gostel shows how desperately I was trying to tuck in my tummy and maintain a smile at the same time. Also thanks for the pic of my humble but agile Alto, whom I lovingly refer to as "Bebo".

@Bolero sirji - thanks for your lovely and brilliant shots. The one in which I raise my hands up; HVK Sir had said: give me all you have! (not really). Actually that was a Red-Indian gesture of victory where I was saying to the SIR: "Look sir, I gave you all I had and dutifully stuck to your tail." Please convey our love to Aditya, he will make a fine young man.

@MX6 - awaiting your pictures too. Thanks to all for the lovely pictures.

Thanks to everyone for making this a very enjoyable drive and meet, the best so far. Of course, Mrs. Gostel and I will try to attend every future meet. We shan't have anything better to do!
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 10:56   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
I and Viraj were the luck persons who were riding with HVK.

I can see that BTC meet is taking a great shape. There is a suggestion from my side if we are say about 20 - 25 persons who are going to make it to BTC on that day there is a small area in BTC which can be booked. This will avoid waiting time and can enjoy for longer time. But this needs to be done in advance.
Wow....this was one great drive and I missed this as well (after Kaas)....I can only imagine the pleasure of getting to hitch a ride with HVK and tail him as well....

Apologies for my ignorance but could anyone pls enlighten me on the BTC meet and link me to the thread?
nix1976in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 16:59   #358
BHPian

Guys due to shortage of time we reached Murud point little late and High Tide covered the lovely beach which is again one of the spots very few know and been too for the records this is how it looks like...
Attached Thumbnails
Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-sdc11262.jpg  

viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:38   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Guys due to shortage of time we reached Murud point little late and High Tide covered the lovely beach which is again one of the spots very few know and been too for the records this is how it looks like...
Viraj, that is a fabulous beach, pity we missed it that day. We were too late to reach there, the high tide got there before we did, and it was already submerged!

Good discovery, Viraj.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 18:06   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
It was an excellent meet. Enjoyed to the fullest. Just a couple of days prior to the meet, I and Parimal were discussing the fact that we all havent met in sometime now and then we saw this thread for the Kashid beach.

A big thanks to Parimal for letting me ride with him after the incident with my windshield. It was great fun riding with him on his beast. I still recollect the drive back where we and Iqbal ji trying to keep up with HVK as he would vanish in a second. Thanks HVK for being our Pilot during the trip.

Also a big bunch of thanks to Viraj for taking care of us. He was always there to check whether we all were there and took care of food, etc for the group.

It was great meeting the old kaas gang and looking forward to more including the now upcoming BTC meet. Looks like we will need more than a few tables there on that day.

Turbo: We missed our superman on this trip.

We were even airborne for a few seconds on the way back to Kashid from Murud. Believe me, that is one stonker of an engine but HVK is HVK, give him just one second and he is gone. HVK was in his element on the drive back and it was really fun and challenging trying to keep up with him.
F1FAN JI, I am going to ask our dear dost Shri HV Kumarji when we meet at BTC some very important questions ,What fuel he uses in his Scorpio?,is it AVIATION FUEL, AIR TURBINE FUEL, JET ENGINE FUEL, because it is just next to impossible to keep following him and keep pace with him he just vanishes into thin air in seconds, you may call it one second you are here next second you are gone......We both (myself and Parimal) experienced him at KASHID meet return journey.He seems to see thing , roads,vehicles etc even in total darkness ,ie when we took right turn on JNPT toll roadat least I did not see any right cut in the divider for turning to right,very good eyesight. no wonder he travels all over india by Scorpio...Regards