Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th January 2011, 21:52   #406
BHPian

Default Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Since the winds have changed direction, we 2 would drop out of the BTC meet this time. This does not qualify as kalti If all goes well, hope to see you guys at the Farewell Issigonis meet in Feb.
Jai Hind.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 21:57   #407
BHPian

Dinner will not be possible for me.

Will be able to make for the Lunch only.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 22:03   #408
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Parimal. You initiated this BTC along with Khoj. Now look the deadly effect your withdrawal is having man! You better have proper reasons for the next meet. We don't want to hear that you don't have reasons to tell your parents wala reason again!

People. Let's not Put up dampeners.

Let's meet at 1.

Iqbalji and Khoj. Let's put up this list yet again.

1 pm should make Bol Bolero and me available I guess. But I shall update tomorrow. Anyways I'm in Mumbai tomorrow.

So Khoj. Whether the meet happens or not, we can catch up with BTC atleast in Vashi!

Last edited by MX6 : 25th January 2011 at 22:05.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 22:19   #409
BHPian

Guys,
Sorry to join the Kalti group.
I wont be able to come tomorrow as my son has been selected for the Republic day talent parade in his school tomorrow. Hence need to be there.
Sorry for the last minute drop-out. Will catch up with you guys some other time.

Cheers
f1fan.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 22:36   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Parimal. You initiated this BTC along with Khoj. Now look the deadly effect your withdrawal is having man! You better have proper reasons for the next meet. We don't want to hear that you don't have reasons to tell your parents wala reason again!

People. Let's not Put up dampeners.

Let's meet at 1.

Iqbalji and Khoj. Let's put up this list yet again.

1 pm should make Bol Bolero and me available I guess. But I shall update tomorrow. Anyways I'm in Mumbai tomorrow.

So Khoj. Whether the meet happens or not, we can catch up with BTC atleast in Vashi!
Boss lets renew the list as of now for the LUNCH and that too at 1.00 pm.Regards Adding fuel to the fire my internet is also playing around and goes off time to time . Pls be quick yaar
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 22:43   #411
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, I drive to Thane and back and within a span of 40 odd kms the whole scenario has changed. Anyways I am recompiling the list per above posts but do reconfirm, it will be good to know how many are finally getting together.

For lunch starting at 01.00 pm
Mrs. & Mr. Scrooze
Mrs & Mr. Turboholic
Mrs & Mr. Iqbal Veerji & D.I.L. What about your sons, aren't they coming?
fifan & family?
MX6
khoj

Further I do need to have dinner too, so if anyone is around and wants to have dinner just call me and we will meet up.
anilsanil
The BolBoleros
khoj (again)

Last edited by khoj : 25th January 2011 at 22:45.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 22:48   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Whoa, I drive to Thane and back and within a span of 40 odd kms the whole scenario has changed. Anyways I am recompiling the list per above posts but do reconfirm, it will be good to know how many are finally getting together.

For lunch starting at 01.00 pm
Mrs. & Mr. Scrooze
Mrs & Mr. Turboholic
fifan & family?
MX6
khoj

Further I do need to have dinner too, so if anyone is around and wants to have dinner just call me and we will meet up.
anilsanil
The BolBoleros
khoj (again)
yes sir ji we wil start from versova at 10 am and after our commitment we will be there at btc at 12.39 pm thank you sir and good night ji
Old 26th January 2011, 07:13   #413
BHPian

@khoj, sorry that I have to drop out. As you know, I am busy with doing up my new home in Navi Mumbai, and had decided to join the BTC by snatching out some time from my schedule with the contractor. After yesterday's uncertainty creeping in I did a re-schedule with the contractor. I am not sure about dinner at this time; but I certainly hope to meet you in future meets.

Cheers.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 09:21   #414
MX6
Senior - BHPian

With Gostel and f1fan also dropping out here's what the list looks like

Mrs. & Mr. Scrooze
Mrs & Mr. Turboholic
MX6
khoj

Look at this amazing Parimal effect! Anyways, I'm now driving towards Mumbai. Rest of the updates I shall check over phone with Khoj.
Old 26th January 2011, 17:28   #415
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, just reached home. We had good time today at BTC, before we reached the venue our friend KHOJ and SCROOZE were already there, infact scrooze helped me in getting my car parked.

I,my wife,my daughter in law parked ourselves in a nice corner along with KHOJ,SCROOZE started off with chass and later gave the meal ordere , in the meanwhile MX6 entered and joined us.

Bol Bolero ji took some snaps with camera and MX6 with his cell phone as he had not got his camera along.

Later BOL BOLERO joined us we ended our meals with Rabdi, during that time our Kashid friend Mr. Khanna called and he too joined us with dessert.

We said goodby and left for Versova. Regards......
Old 26th January 2011, 17:40   #416
BHPian

Infact we getting place in corner was good as we would have not been able to spend that much time other wise.

Only down side is that after that heavy lunch feeling sleepy in office (Yes working today).
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 17:52   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Infact we getting place in corner was good as we would have not been able to spend that much time other wise.

Only down side is that after that heavy lunch feeling sleepy in office (Yes working today).
Drink a cup of STRONG tea and keep working plss....Chai piyo kaam pe chalo
Old 5th February 2011, 14:49   #418
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for my long hiatus from the forum folks. Here's photos of the BTC meet taken from my humble camera phone.

I got delayed as the train from Kurla got delayed. Thanks to my satguide, I got the exact directions to BTC with no issues.

Khoj, Scrooze and Iqbal veerji with his family was already there.

And yes, MX6 emptied 1.5 bottles of Kingfisher when he found out that BTC serves lassi/ chaas in kf bottles!
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  48.4 KB

That's Khoj at his best. Just keep food in front of him. Scrooze was a bit worried about Khoj's reach.
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  55.5 KB

Iqbal paaji with his daughter in law and wife.
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  77.6 KB

We were discussing where Bolbolero was.
Khoj makes a quick call to Bol and finds out he's on his way.
Khoj: Bol is coming with his family.
MX6: Bol will come alone. His wife and kid aren't joining.
Khoj: Arre bhai, just now I spoke to him. He didn't sound like he is coming alone.
MX6: Khoj bhai, Bol and his wife are poles apart. Har hafte biwi jaati hai pahad pe jadne, aur bolero jaata hai gadde pe girne.

And everyone bursts in to a bout of laughter. Bolbolero's wife and kid had gone trekking matheran hills where as he was returning from an OTR.

And when he showed up, we all kept quiet about this comment. Oblivious to what was discussed bol sits tampering with his camera. It was decided that Bolbolero would read about this in T-BHP.
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  57.7 KB

When Rabri came (the dessert), so did Manoj. Immediately the topic changed to GQ run and more serious things. But Manoj's expression might not show how serious we are about GQ. In reality, this is what any true driver's expression would be when discussiong GQ. That of extreme enthusiasm.
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  46.0 KB

Your's truly gets himself in to frame. Drunk on bottle of chaas, one can make out the effect of good food in his eyes.
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  51.2 KB

That's Bolbolero caught in action. Let there be light! But the food was damn heavy!
Name:  7.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  58.9 KB

That's it from me folks. Later AnilisAnil joined Khoj and me at Vashi and we had a nice 2 hour time in centerone before driving back to Pune.

We also had a chuppa chuppi meet in Tea-room, Mumbai on 18th Jan.
Thanks Bolbolero for amazing food. HVK always makes it very lively. This time around he was looking rather pale.
HVK: I think my wife tried to poison me.

It was later found that it was the vaccination and nothing to do with his wife who is ever loving!
Name:  8.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  55.0 KB

As we walked out of tea room this board captured my eye.

Lady to Churchill. Had you been my husband I'd have poisoned your tea.
Churchill to lady. Had you been my wife, I'd have drunk it.

What else can I say HVK.

Last edited by MX6 : 5th February 2011 at 14:58.
Old 5th February 2011, 15:00   #419
Senior - BHPian

MX6, looks like you are titally drunk on the KF Chaas! Looks like Amul Chaas has some stiff competition.

And BolBolero looks resplendent with those lights there, reminds me of the lama advertisement for the CFL bulb!

Bad I could not attend.

But BolBolero, where are the photos of the shopping trip & dinner meet that we guys had?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 20:04   #420
BHPian

One photo from my side, of the BTC meet.

Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane-btc.jpg
Oh in case you are wondering, that is after the lunch is over and the plates have been cleared!

@MX6, was wondering when you would post the snaps! And oh yes I read what the discussion was before I arrived!
And what was "chuppa chuppi" about the meeting at Tea Centre??
@Iqbalji and family, it was great meeting all of you. Regards to all at home.
@Scrooze, you really worked after that meal? All I could think of was sleeping. Had to have atleast a couple of "cutting chais" to keep from closing my eyes!
@Khoj, as usual was great meeting you again!
@ HVK, you really missed some tasty vegetarian food at BTC! Shopping and dinner trip at Crawford was captured by Khoj, should be putting them up shortly, I guess!
BolBolero is offline   Reply With Quote