Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 5th May 2010, 20:34   #121
BHPian

Let's decide the meeting point first:

Upvan Lake
Majiwada Petrol Pump
Hiranandani Meadows
Cinewonder

Afterward we can head towards GB road for lunch

Courtyard
Ambrosia
Banjara Dhaba
Kinara Dhaba
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 21:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

Here are some suggestions, guys let us have your opinions on the same

1) Golden Valley Resorts, Ghodbunder Road.
2) Poush Rest./resort ( a kashmiri theme resort on ahmedabad highway around 5 km from fountain.
3) Royal garden Resort (5km from fountain).
4) Silent resorts @ Manor, 30 km from Fountain.

While these are some distance away from Thane city per se I have one which is right on Ghodbunder road quite close to Hiranandani

1.Shelter Farms. Decent food and a nice and clean place with both open air and air conditioned premises. The parking lot will take 8 odd cars inside and about 12-15 cars on the wide shoulder on the road and they have a couple of security guards all the time for the cars.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 11:51   #123
BHPian

BTC is truely crowded and quite far. Esepcially with the road wokr in progress on NH3, it'll be a pain to drive. Manor also is quite far I guess.
Lets stick to ghodbunder.
sen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:12   #124
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
BTC is truely crowded and quite far. Esepcially with the road wokr in progress on NH3, it'll be a pain to drive. Manor also is quite far I guess.
Lets stick to ghodbunder.
+1 to that. Lets stick to Ghodbunder Road. Ambrosia, Courtyard ideal choices. Does this call for some advance reservation or something if the strength is more than say 10-15 persons.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:40   #125
BHPian

WOW, I didn't know we had so many TBHP members in Thane.

In the pictures of the first meet, I see a couple of familiar faces - people who i knew from before but didn't know were members of TBHP.
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 17:41   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Shelter Farms. Decent food and a nice and clean place with both open air and air conditioned premises. The parking lot will take 8 odd cars inside and about 12-15 cars on the wide shoulder on the road and they have a couple of security guards all the time for the cars.
This one look's good to me. I will come to any place.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 20:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Let's decide the meeting point first:

Upvan Lake
Majiwada Petrol Pump
Hiranandani Meadows
Cinewonder

Afterward we can head towards GB road for lunch

Courtyard
Ambrosia
Banjara Dhaba
Kinara Dhaba
I believe that Cine wonder would be the best meeting point. Right on Ghodbunder easily locatable for members from Pune and Bombay too, enough space for all, in case any one wants coffee or tea you have the CCD and Little King next door.

Let us settle the starting/meeting point now so that members can then move on to finalize the end point.
Old 6th May 2010, 21:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
I believe that Cine wonder would be the best meeting point. Right on Ghodbunder easily locatable for members from Pune and Bombay too, enough space for all, in case any one wants coffee or tea you have the CCD and Little King next door.

Let us settle the starting/meeting point now so that members can then move on to finalize the end point.
Cine Wonder would not be a good choice as we are meeting on a Sunday and the road outside Cine Wonder is packed with cars and to add to the mess the traffic jam due to the road work we wont be able to park our cars there for long.
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 22:49   #129
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes you are correct, I forgot that it would be a Sunday. But then again what time are we meeting? would it be crowded in the forenoon too and what is the alternate?

Wow, that is a hattrick of queries
Old 7th May 2010, 01:25   #130
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right on Ghodbunder easily locatable for members from Pune and Bombay too,
Members from pune? Guess I'm the only person who will come from pune.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 01:39   #131
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I was hoping you would be able to get some more guys interested to drive down.

Would you like to meet up at Navi Mumbai enroute to Thane?
Old 7th May 2010, 03:09   #132
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, I was hoping you would be able to get some more guys interested to drive down.

Would you like to meet up at Navi Mumbai enroute to Thane?
All depends on when I leave for mumbai. I might come in the previous night and stay with friends. Where in Navi Mumbai exactly?
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 03:45   #133
Senior - BHPian

@MX6 just sent you a pm.
Old 7th May 2010, 03:59   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Cine Wonder would not be a good choice as we are meeting on a Sunday and the road outside Cine Wonder is packed with cars and to add to the mess the traffic jam due to the road work we wont be able to park our cars there for long.
Hey guys my bad... forgot the road work going on and as it's a Sunday Cinewonder will be crowded.

How about the petrol pump just next to Tatvadyan Vidyapith (I don't know how to spell it) just few steps ahead of Cinewonder, left hand side (towards GB road) after the signal. It's BP petrol pump

The place is on GB road anyone can spot it plus anyone who wants to fuel-up can also do the same.
viraj_s85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 08:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj_s85 View Post
Hey guys my bad... forgot the road work going on and as it's a Sunday Cinewonder will be crowded.

How about the petrol pump just next to Tatvadyan Vidyapith (I don't know how to spell it) just few steps ahead of Cinewonder, left hand side (towards GB road) after the signal. It's BP petrol pump Its IOC petrol pump.

The place is on GB road anyone can spot it plus anyone who wants to fuel-up can also do the same.
I can suggest a litle bit ahead of IOC petrol pump, there's an empty road going towards Hyde Park from Ghodbunder Road which most of the time is empty and Sunday being no exception. Either this or Cinewonder would be a good place to meet and mornings on Sunday its not that crowded and there is sufficient parking space between Cinewonder and Little king's.

@khoj Are you talking about the Shelter farms which is before Hiranandani Estate and Rutu Estate (Domino's) or am I confused
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote