Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 10:19   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

January 2010 DriveMeet:
Date : 14th Jan 2010
Destination: TBD

Time : 8:30 Hrs

Confirmations:
  1. Mobike008
  2. Ravveendra
  3. Pulsar56
  4. MileCruncher
  5. Tirthankar
  6. adzegeek
  7. Abysnthguzzler
  8. Getsurya
Please let us finalise on the destination as well.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 10:41   #152
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Exclamation Lets start a HVKinteration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
January 2010 DriveMeet:
Date : 14th Jan 2010
Destination: TBD

Time : 8:30 Hrs

Confirmations:
  1. Mobike008
  2. Ravveendra
  3. Pulsar56
  4. MileCruncher
  5. adzegeek
  6. Abysnthguzzler
  7. Getsurya
Please let us finalise on the destination as well.

Cheers
My Trains @ 1145 for Mumbai on 14th

But Im coming back on 21st with HVK

Lets start a HVKinteration Thread
btirthankar is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 10:56   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 1,977
Thanked: 968 Times
Default

off to Mumbai on 14th morning guys, back on 17th.... but will definitely love to meet up with all of you at least once more before i move bag and baggage to Mumbai- still a month to go for that.
himanshugoswami is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 13:46   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

If it is a short drive and we return to city post lunch,I will try to join.For the time on Raj's Syndrome-tentative.
January 2010 DriveMeet:
Date : 14th Jan 2010
Destination: TBD
Time : 8:30 Hrs


Confirmations:
  1. Mobike008
  2. Ravveendra
  3. Pulsar56
  4. MileCruncher
  5. Tirthankar
  6. adzegeek
  7. Abysnthguzzler
  8. Getsurya
  9. Hillram (Tentative)
hillram is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 13:50   #155
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Would have been game, if it would have been on 17th. BTW, where are you guys planning to go? Any options?
traveloholic is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 15:26   #156
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Looks like not too many keen on 14th and dont see any raised hands for 17th either.

How about Jan 26th? Will that be alright with all?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 15:35   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Looks like not too many keen on 14th and dont see any raised hands for 17th either.

How about Jan 26th? Will that be alright with all?
Avi, 26th is Tuesday and middle of the week. 14th atleast being part of an extended weekend, should be fun.

Let us not cancel the date but think about venues.

My suggestions are :
  1. Himayat Sagar (20-25 Kms) Himayat Sagar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  2. Osman Sagar (-do-) Osman Sagar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. Narsapur Forest Trek to Narsapur Forest Something about Nothing
With the first 2 options, we can reach early, have a games and lunch and return back by late afternoon
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 16:03   #158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 666
Thanked: 328 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Lets start a HVKinteration Thread
What date is the HVKinteration at Hyderabad?

Is is 21st lunch or 21st dinner or 22nd lunch or ...

I am ruled out for 14th since I will be at Amritapuri and also on 17th since my return train arrives only at 1300 if on time.

Have fun, enjoy, drive safe!
hyd_traveller is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 16:31   #159
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi, 26th is Tuesday and middle of the week. 14th atleast being part of an extended weekend, should be fun.

Let us not cancel the date but think about venues.

My suggestions are :
  1. Himayat Sagar (20-25 Kms) Himayat Sagar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  2. Osman Sagar (-do-) Osman Sagar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. Narsapur Forest Trek to Narsapur Forest Something about Nothing
With the first 2 options, we can reach early, have a games and lunch and return back by late afternoon
I would love to go to Option 3. But, i would also like my hide to be intact knowing its a naxal area

I am game for Gandipet and Himayatsagar. We can club both together as it's just a stone's throw away.

My family goes to Himayathsagar many times for a picnic lunch. We must have done that around 6-8 times already in last couple of years.


January 2010 DriveMeet:
Date : 14th Jan 2010
Destination: Gandipet and Himayathsagar
Time : 9:00 AM

Meeting Point : S.D Eye Hospital & Further down for Hitec Folks

Confirmations:
  1. Mobike008 ( Accent Viva)
  2. Ravveendra ( Fiat Palio)
  3. Pulsar56 ( Pulsar 150)
  4. MileCruncher ( M&M Bolero)
  5. adzegeek ( M&M Scorpio)
  6. Abysnthguzzler ( Hyundai Getz CRDi)
  7. Getsurya ( M&M Scorpio)
  8. Hillram ( Which one you'll get)
Ram, I am sure above destination will change your status from tentative to confirmed.

Who else is joining?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 16:42   #160
BHPian
 
unoczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 399
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I would love to go to Option 3. But, i would also like my hide to be intact knowing its a naxal area

I am game for Gandipet and Himayatsagar. We can club both together as it's just a stone's throw away.

My family goes to Himayathsagar many times for a picnic lunch. We must have done that around 6-8 times already in last couple of years.


January 2010 DriveMeet:
Date : 14th Jan 2010
Destination: Gandipet and Himayathsagar
Time : 9:00 AM

Meeting Point : S.D Eye Hospital & Further down for Hitec Folks

Confirmations:
  1. Mobike008 ( Accent Viva)
  2. Ravveendra ( Fiat Palio)
  3. Pulsar56 ( Pulsar 150)
  4. MileCruncher ( M&M Bolero)
  5. adzegeek ( M&M Scorpio)
  6. Abysnthguzzler ( Hyundai Getz CRDi)
  7. Getsurya ( M&M Scorpio)
  8. Hillram ( Which one you'll get)
Ram, I am sure above destination will change your status from tentative to confirmed.

Who else is joining?
hey guys, this would be my first meet, any pointers??

updated list-

January 2010 DriveMeet:
Date : 14th Jan 2010
Destination: Gandipet and Himayathsagar
Time : 9:00 AM

Meeting Point : S.D Eye Hospital & Further down for Hitec Folks

Confirmations:
  1. Mobike008 ( Accent Viva)
  2. Ravveendra ( Fiat Palio)
  3. Pulsar56 ( Pulsar 150)
  4. MileCruncher ( M&M Bolero)
  5. adzegeek ( M&M Scorpio)
  6. Abysnthguzzler ( Hyundai Getz CRDi)
  7. Getsurya ( M&M Scorpio)
  8. Hillram ( Which one you'll get)
  9. Unoczar (Suzuki Swift)
unoczar is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 16:47   #161
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
hey guys, this would be my first meet, any pointers??
Welcome onboard for the drive Czar !!! What pointers you need?

I'll point out some points which may have some pointers your looking for. Ask the specific pointers that you'd like to know.

1. We meet at sharp 9am
2. We will try to return before lunch-time or have lunch somewhere en-route
3. You can bring along your friends ( even if they are non-tbhpian's)
4. We all are supposed to drive peacefully,carefully and within speedlimits
5. More later, if i remember
mobike008 is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 17:26   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Special admin zone of Hyderabad
Posts: 271
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Gandipet/Himayatsagar - this is like going to my garden backside #$%@!
Will join in anyway - let me know if ORR at Gachibowli is the entry point - then I will meet you guys there.

any scorp/bolero interested in a bit of lake wading and steep climb on the way back?
adzegeek is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 17:39   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
any scorp/bolero interested in a bit of lake wading and steep climb on the way back?
I'm always interested and may be getsurya in his Scorpio can always join in
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 18:10   #164
BHPian
 
Jaizcrzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Vizag
Posts: 77
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I wish i could, but would not be in town. Going on a vacation to Vizag.
The meet on 8th was great. Had a great time. Happy to meet a few of Hyd T-BHPians. Would try to catch up next meet post January.
Jaizcrzy is offline  
Old 11th January 2010, 19:33   #165
BHPian
 
unoczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 399
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome onboard for the drive Czar !!! What pointers you need?

I'll point out some points which may have some pointers your looking for. Ask the specific pointers that you'd like to know.

1. We meet at sharp 9am
2. We will try to return before lunch-time or have lunch somewhere en-route
3. You can bring along your friends ( even if they are non-tbhpian's)
4. We all are supposed to drive peacefully,carefully and within speedlimits
5. More later, if i remember

so, no communication?, just fix the place 'n time and be there? works for me!

any stuff we need to bring along? are you guys bringing along wives/kids? or just guys? how do we ID each other? (cars/bikes i guess)

and i feel 9am is too late.. a little earlier (7.30-8.00) and there wont be risk of a warm morning.. we can also go for a nice group breakfast if we arrive early and that will help in coming back early just in case some of us want to come back early for kite flying (I do! - gotta go to old city to fly kites!)

Just some thoughts through my head.. tell me what you guys think?
unoczar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feb 2014, Turf meets Surf! 10th Anniversary Drive Report sandsun7 The Team-BHP Meet Section 91 10th August 2014 16:37
SCI Supercar Show Meets @ Mumbai anyone? 26-27 Jan 2013. Scorcher The Team-BHP Meet Section 19 28th January 2013 14:45
JAN Racing & APMC Drag on 19 to 21st Feb 2010 Ford Rocam Indian Motorsport 139 10th June 2010 19:03
Charitable cause: Blind Man Car Rally 2007 MUMBAI Report 11th Feb (Chennai 18th Feb) GTO Indian Motorsport 56 14th February 2007 16:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks