Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 09:39   #271
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Ram, There dont seem too many takers for Numaish Meet. I definetly plan to visit atleast once this month. So let's take that thought offline.

What is the plan for Republic Day ( Jan 26th)? Are we doing anything?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 09:57   #272
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What is the plan for Republic Day ( Jan 26th)? Are we doing anything?
I'm driving down to Bangalore / Chennai on Sunday and will be back only on the 28th.

BTW what is the alternative to Valentine's Day?
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 11:05   #273
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm driving down to Bangalore / Chennai on Sunday and will be back only on the 28th.

BTW what is the alternative to Valentine's Day?
How about papikondolu ?

Think we have the option of Boat houses on Godavari or Traditional Huts in the Kolluru mountains. Errrm (coming to think of it), the better halves may have objections with the description but im sure they will be well kitted out.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 21st January 2010 at 11:07.
absynthguzzler is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 13:42   #274
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Arun, Papikondulu seems like a suitable alternate for Feb 13th weekend overnighter. I beileve its similar distance ( 325kms)...is it not?

IIRC, Suren was there last year and he had posted some wonderful pictures of the mountains, valley, river and ofcourse the bamboo chicken

I am in for this location. But, the question remains, accomodation milega kya?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 14:36   #275
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I am in for this location. But, the question remains, accomodation milega kya?
Bamboo Huts are available for Rs. 600/-
Check out Papikondalu Tour Information - Panoramic view of Papihills during the boat trip in river Godavari- Kolluru Bamboo Huts

So let us do the confirmation game again

Where : Papikondalu
Distance : 650 kms ( up and down)
When : Feb 13, 2009
Time : 6:00AM
Return to Hyderabad: Feb 14, Evening

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Absynthguzzler
3. Pulsar56
4. Ravveendra + 1
5. Milecruncher + 1
6. Getsurya + 1
7. Adzegeek +1

Total Headcount : 13.5 ( Children taken as 1/2)
Rooms Required : 6

Last edited by MileCruncher : 21st January 2010 at 14:38.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 14:48   #276
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Folks,

I will be out of all the meets in February as my family is visiting Hyderabad for the first time.
pulsar56 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 15:38   #277
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

On second thoughts, Papikondalu seems a bit far fetched. This is why :-

Hyderabad to Badrachalam : 285 kms ( 6 hours drive)

Badrachalam to Papikondalu : 6-7 hours by Boat

So doing this on a regular weekend does not seem like a good idea.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 15:41   #278
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 666
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
On second thoughts, Papikondalu seems a bit far fetched. This is why :-

Hyderabad to Badrachalam : 285 kms ( 6 hours drive)

Badrachalam to Papikondalu : 6-7 hours by Boat

So doing this on a regular weekend does not seem like a good idea.
True ...

How about Horsley Hills?
hyd_traveller is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 15:57   #279
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
True ...

How about Horsley Hills?
Anything is fine Sir ! Who else is game?

I am just dying to take some time out. Been working like a mule and it's been ages since i took a vacation
mobike008 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 16:16   #280
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anything is fine Sir ! Who else is game?

I am just dying to take some time out. Been working like a mule and it's been ages since i took a vacation
talk about reasoning towards flooring the pedal on a long drive. In true RR spirits Avi has been given the following award

Bluffmaster of the Year 2010 - Mobike008
absynthguzzler is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 16:58   #281
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Bluffmaster of the Year 2010 - Mobike008


Arun, i was not kidding. It's indeed quite long since i took a vacation.
16 days and 8 hours to be precise
mobike008 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 18:30   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Awards galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anything is fine Sir ! Who else is game?

I am just dying to take some time out. Been working like a mule and it's been ages since i took a vacation
Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
talk about reasoning towards flooring the pedal on a long drive. In true RR spirits Avi has been given the following award

Bluffmaster of the Year 2010 - Mobike008
Now Avi has twice as many reasons to throw a party. Two awards in quick succession! Congratulations.

Now, that calls for a meet!

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 19:19   #283
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
True ...

How about Horsley Hills?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anything is fine Sir ! Who else is game?

I am just dying to take some time out. Been working like a mule and it's been ages since i took a vacation
Two days program would become very hectic. Try Humpi / Belum Caves instead!!
kkr2k2 is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 19:35   #284
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 666
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Two days program would become very hectic. Try Humpi / Belum Caves instead!!
Horsley Hills @ 500+ km one way is hectic for a regular weekend and I knew it - was just testing waters with Avi - I must say he did fare very well.

Hampi is a nice place - Avi, check out Hampi photos on my facebook page.
hyd_traveller is offline  
Old 21st January 2010, 22:03   #285
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Now Avi has twice as many reasons to throw a party. Two awards in quick succession! Congratulations.

Now, that calls for a meet!

Cheers,
Looks like Jan'10 seems like rainfall of awards. Why this genrosity? What was my fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Horsley Hills @ 500+ km one way is hectic for a regular weekend and I knew it - was just testing waters with Avi - I must say he did fare very well.

Hampi is a nice place - Avi, check out Hampi photos on my facebook page.
People who know me know, destination does not really matter to me. Company does

We are swinging from one destination to another. Do we keep swinging or are we going to hone down to something?
mobike008 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feb 2014, Turf meets Surf! 10th Anniversary Drive Report sandsun7 The Team-BHP Meet Section 91 10th August 2014 16:37
SCI Supercar Show Meets @ Mumbai anyone? 26-27 Jan 2013. Scorcher The Team-BHP Meet Section 19 28th January 2013 14:45
JAN Racing & APMC Drag on 19 to 21st Feb 2010 Ford Rocam Indian Motorsport 139 10th June 2010 19:03
Charitable cause: Blind Man Car Rally 2007 MUMBAI Report 11th Feb (Chennai 18th Feb) GTO Indian Motorsport 56 14th February 2007 16:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks