Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 28th January 2010, 17:34   #331
BHPian

Guys Im planning to upgrade my HU

Pioneer 5190 for 11700/- with B&W are there any good choices apart from pioneer in that budget?

my setup

My current setup

Pioneer 6950
Inifinity ref -6030 components - Front
JBL 937 - co axial - Rear
JBL 75.4 Amplifier
JBL GT 4-12 SUB

Please help.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:47   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Myself & Spyder did visit Halwani's at Mehdipatnam.
We gorged one Fruit Salad at the shop and packed more Kulfi, Firni, Rabdi & Fruit Salads to enjoy at home!

Spyder already blames me for his weight gain in the coming months!
LOL, there goes that weight losing regime. I knew it, I knew it. It wont last

Looks like Spyder hasn't still woken up from that sweet-induced slumber ( no pics from his side yet)

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th January 2010 at 17:48.
Old 28th January 2010, 18:59   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Myself & Spyder did visit Halwani's at Mehdipatnam
Am I missing out on something here? Nazim Bhai, where's this Halwani's at Mehdipatnam? Wanna go there for my share of Kulfi's and Fruit Salad's.

Are you referring to Minerva Sweets near Mehdipatnam (S.D Eye Hospital Road) or is this another outlet?
Old 29th January 2010, 00:21   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Am I missing out on something here? Nazim Bhai, where's this Halwani's at Mehdipatnam? Wanna go there for my share of Kulfi's and Fruit Salad's.

Are you referring to Minerva Sweets near Mehdipatnam (S.D Eye Hospital Road) or is this another outlet?
No. After you cross the entry to the PVN Rao Expressway (under the flyover), the road curves to the right. There is a straight from here which has a mosque at the corner.
Enter this road, you will find LIC on the left after few meters. Just after that, is Halwani's. (Opposite Prince(?) Cafe)
Old 29th January 2010, 02:06   #335
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil also,you need to check out Buhranpur Khoa Jalebis near Mallepally.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:32   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Enter this road, you will find LIC on the left after few meters. Just after that, is Halwani's. (Opposite Prince(?) Cafe)
This the same one that we went to after our Haleem night Nazim?
Old 29th January 2010, 10:40   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
This the same one that we went to after our Haleem night Nazim?
Righto!
I was desperately hunting for Firni at Mehdipatnam that night after getting a call from Avi saying that they just picked up Firni in front of Shadab!

Quote:

Pioneer 5190 for 11700/- with B&W are there any good choices apart from pioneer in that budget?
Pramod, I picked up my 5190 for 7k without B&W.
Better check out the ICE threads as most of us don't have any idea about the current prices.

Last edited by pulsar56 : 29th January 2010 at 10:42.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:26   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post

my setup

My current setup

Pioneer 6950
Inifinity ref -6030 components - Front
JBL 937 - co axial - Rear
JBL 75.4 Amplifier
JBL GT 4-12 SUB

Please help.
I have the same front comps. and use the old Pio 6850. Best is to stick to without bill and warranty. If your HU comes into trouble, PM me i know a guy who can fix it super good for a reasonable price.

As Pulsar56 said, this aint the thread for such questions. This thread is dedicated to fun and fooling around

@Hyd_Traveller( Mr.Bajaj, i am going to refer you as AB ( same initials as the great one, hope you dont mind) you have posted an idea for next meet in food thread

Fellas, check post # 1285 in this :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...underabad.html

Mr.AB, can you send a PM what do they mean by "unlimited spirits"

All of you hold on to your horses till we get a reply and there is a dinner meet going to be planned early next week, so keep your calendar open

EDIT : Btw, that was one mesmerizing evening yesterday and a great honour to listen to the great Mannay Dey at Hotel Marriot.

Hillram, Hip hip, Hip hip, Hip Hurray !!!!!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th January 2010 at 11:29.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:56   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Just after that, is Halwani's. (Opposite Prince(?) Cafe)
Oh! the one who serves delicious haleem. Oh Freaks, I missed it. Would check it out ASAP. Tks Nazim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Nikhil also,you need to check out Buhranpur Khoa Jalebis near Mallepally.
Yup! i loved Burhanpuri Khowa Jalebis at Mallepally near Noble Talkies X Roads. Awesome taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
EDIT : Btw, that was one mesmerizing evening yesterday and a great honour to listen to the great Mannay Dey at Hotel Marriot.
Missed the Manna Dey thing at Marriot. Why does my work gets streched when I want to leave early
Old 29th January 2010, 12:10   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All of you hold on to your horses till we get a reply and there is a dinner meet going to be planned early next week, so keep your calendar open
What plans for this weekend Meet to sign-off Jan 2010 in style Can we go to Bajaj Saab's mentioned abode to chill out and seek higher state of consciousness
Old 29th January 2010, 16:02   #341
BHPian

Quote:
@Hyd_Traveller( Mr.Bajaj, i am going to refer you as AB ( same initials as the great one, hope you dont mind) you have posted an idea for next meet in food thread

Fellas, check post # 1285 in this :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...underabad.html

1) Name - no issue - as long as I understand you are referring to me.

2) I guess unlimited means bottomless.

3) Beverages include soft drinks like Blended ones, Antique ones, Russian ones, Jamaican ones and some more while one can sit there like a king of good times.

3) 2 soups (1 n/v), 4 starters (2 n/v), 2 n/v main course, 1 n/v biryani and all other regular buffet dishes including the veg ones.

4) This plan is valid only on Saturdays and Sundays, both for lunches and dinners - that means - 6th or 7th Feb.

5) Rs. 450/- + taxes = Rs. 515/- (now that VAT is @ 14.5 %, up from 12.5 %).
Old 29th January 2010, 16:25   #342
BHPian

Have the tbph regulars had any meet at "Deccan Trails" resort (if you can call it that) - seems like a good place for overnight trip.

I checked out the place during weekend drive to ananthagiri, large open space - camp fire, tents (horrible beds - may make sense to take your own tents), animals, burma bridge, morning brid watching trip etc.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:37   #343
BHPian

I have heard of Deccan Trails as well. Sounds good.....

From a forward:

Quote:
Hyderabad: Imagine waking up in the morning to see a lush green forest. Trees swaying to the cool breeze caressing your face, birds chirping in harmony…is there any better gift to mankind than nature?
They say way back home is the shortest one. But once you step into ‘Trails’, an adventure and activity campsite at Maneguda, you may not want to return.
Fifty kilometres from the A.P. Police Academy, on the way to Vikarabad, ‘Trails’ is all about camping, adventure, and outdoor activities.
And it’s a perfect getaway for those looking to be one with nature and rough it out in the open.
Spread over 35 acres of untouched land, a boulevard of trees welcomes guests to the campsite that flourishes with flora and fauna- a fabulous treat for nature lovers.
Providing the ideal escape from the hustle bustle of city life, one can laze around in hammocks under the shade and catch up on some reading or simply enjoy gazing at ducks swimming around in a pond while a turkey proudly struts around the dining area.
Real experience
“We have kept most parts of the area untouched because one should experience nature as it is. There are ten tents overlooking the jungle, providing a panoramic view of greenery that perhaps one cannot see in the city,” points out Srikant Badruka of ‘Trails’.
Guests at the place can try their luck at archery, rock climbing, not to mention walking on the rope which is popularly known as the Burma Bridge.
Trekking
The slightly adventurous kind can go for a trek into the deep woods, making it an ideal place for family, corporates and the young blood to hang out and have fun.
It’s also an ideal stopover for those intending to trek towards Anantagiri Hills and its adjacent places. A lot of ancient temples are located.in these hills.
Guests are allotted canvas tents pinned on to platforms and are furnished with minimum requirements such as beds, covers, a fan, an emergency light, and an attached toilet each. Those staying overnight are assured of electricity and assistance on call.
The camp site also offers simple home-cooked food besides catering to specific requirements of guests.
‘Trails’ runs on a pre-booking basis and for enquiries contact: 94906 89736
Attached Images

Old 29th January 2010, 16:52   #344
BHPian

yes, thats the one - didnt notice they had a website.

The watch tower is quite cool - esp in the evening when I went there.

The kids kinds enjoyed rabbits, some variant of a live turkey, deers and a few eclectic birds they have there.

should bring this to Avi's notice....but he must have been there already, I guess.

It will be good to try out my new bike carrier to lug the mountain bike and do some down slope - some reallty cool slopes around there.

Oops - they have bikes on hire!!!

Last edited by adzegeek : 29th January 2010 at 16:53. Reason: bikes on hire....
Old 29th January 2010, 17:03   #345
BHPian

Quote:
The kids kinds enjoyed rabbits, some variant of a live turkey, deers
Can these show up on a plate?
Closed Thread