Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 11:17   #91
BHPian
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 343
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by surasen View Post
Lets have our UAE Team BHP Motorcycle Rides on Friday morning.


Rgds
Sen.
Biker in UAE Man you have great courage, for I see people drive here at my place in cars, I would have a second thought on bikes.

Coming to the meet part. PM your numbers and lets start communicating on the meet and ride. This friday is predicted to have a downpour. So IMHO, we can communicate and make a plan and hit the roads next week.

I am vehicle-less and I wouldn't mind car-pooling.

Cheers
voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 19:36   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 1,492 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Biker in UAE Man you have great courage, for I see people drive here at my place in cars, I would have a second thought on bikes.
What is so eye-popping about this ?

Surasen is not alone and including yours truely I know at least 10 TBHPianas in Dubai, who ride regularly on Friday mornings including in peak summer.

There is nothing courageous about it - all you have to do is to be sensible and ride deffensively.

You should come to the EPCO station at Dragon Mart around 6.00 am on a Friday - then your eyes will pop at the verity of bikes and number of bikers there - on a good day you get up to 100 bikes there within about 2 hours.

Visit my Triumph Bonniville Thread if you want to see some pictures.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 21:00   #93
BHPian
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 343
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
What is so eye-popping about this ?

Surasen is not alone and including yours truely I know at least 10 TBHPianas in Dubai, who ride regularly on Friday mornings including in peak summer.

There is nothing courageous about it - all you have to do is to be sensible and ride deffensively.

You should come to the EPCO station at Dragon Mart around 6.00 am on a Friday - then your eyes will pop at the verity of bikes and number of bikers there - on a good day you get up to 100 bikes there within about 2 hours.

Visit my Triumph Bonniville Thread if you want to see some pictures.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
I don't know about Dubai, but in Ajman I could say that the number of bikes are minimum. And I think that is the best bet here cos I don't see any sense of lane discipline or sensible driving here. Dubai should be better as you say.

Sensible applies to both parties on the road. One being sensible and the other reckless still paves way for accident. But I guess if its a group, then its probably safe.

Will go through your thread to see the bikers and bikes

Cheers
voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 23:25   #94
BHPian
 
kraft.wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LA <---> Coimbatore
Posts: 935
Thanked: 247 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

I may be visiting Al Ain around Christmas week. If any meets are happening would be happy to join. Do you guys ride during the Dec weeks too? Would be great to come and see your bikes and talk automobiles.

Add me to the whatsapp group guys, group owner send me a PM for my number
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 11:41   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 1,492 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
I may be visiting Al Ain around Christmas week. If any meets are happening would be happy to join. Do you guys ride during the Dec weeks too? Would be great to come and see your bikes and talk automobiles.

Add me to the whatsapp group guys, group owner send me a PM for my number

KW

As I mentioned earlier we ride almost year round on week ends. Therea are groups in most of the cities in UAE but Dubai and Abu Dhabi has the maximum riders. October to April is or best riding wether.

There are TBHPians who ride regularly, but not in a group, but are split in various groups.

Around Christmas time action may be less as many expats travel for vacation as the schools are also closed - specially western expats (who incidently are the bulk of the riders).

Best Regards & Drive/Raide Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 12:58   #96
Newbie
 
surasen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dubai/Kolkata/Agartala
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Looks like someone has become a biker now...Hi Sen! For the rest of us unfortunate souls, we shall get our cars. I am certainly available and since the weather is awesome now, it will be time well spent outdoors!

B/Regards
Shahul HZ
Hi Shahul,
Hope you are doing great.

I had been driving in UAE now almost over 2 years, although not regular.

Hope to see you soon.
surasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 13:00   #97
Newbie
 
surasen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dubai/Kolkata/Agartala
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

So Guys,
are we on to meet tomorrow morning around 5:30 - 6:00AM for a ride.

Please pour-in your suggestions.
surasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 15:15   #98
BHPian
 
jaguar.runs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 265
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Looking at the weather forecast, I am a bit worried what nature will have in store for us over the weekend. Positive side is that you get to see the colors of UAE at it's best.

Any suggestions on the location?
jaguar.runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 19:37   #99
Newbie
 
surasen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dubai/Kolkata/Agartala
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

We can ride to Hatta.
One place to gather would be the Emarat Petrol station on the Sheikh Zayed
surasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 11:42   #100
Newbie
 
affsal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum/Dxb
Posts: 15
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Is there any activities going on here or through the whatsapp groups?
affsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 12:43   #101
BHPian
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 343
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
What is so eye-popping about this ?

Surasen is not alone and including yours truely I know at least 10 TBHPianas in Dubai, who ride regularly on Friday mornings including in peak summer.

There is nothing courageous about it - all you have to do is to be sensible and ride deffensively.

You should come to the EPCO station at Dragon Mart around 6.00 am on a Friday - then your eyes will pop at the verity of bikes and number of bikers there - on a good day you get up to 100 bikes there within about 2 hours.

Visit my Triumph Bonniville Thread if you want to see some pictures.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
After 3 long years, I have seen a lot of motorbikes. Wonderful. I myself have a motorbike license. I admit I was wrong at the first instance, since I didn't know Kalba existed.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by affsal View Post
Is there any activities going on here or through the whatsapp groups?
Hello Affsal,

We do meet up once a month. There is another thread where usually things get updated (sometimes). Most of the times, since the meet happens between the same group of people we use whatsapp.

The link to the other thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...hp-meet-5.html (Dubai Team-BHP meet)

Do PM me your number, if you will be interested in joining our Whatsapp group.

Cheers!


voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 12:59   #102
Newbie
 
affsal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum/Dxb
Posts: 15
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: UAE Team BHP Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Hello Affsal,

We do meet up once a month. There is another thread where usually things get updated (sometimes). Most of the times, since the meet happens between the same group of people we use whatsapp.

The link to the other thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...hp-meet-5.html (Dubai Team-BHP meet)

Do PM me your number, if you will be interested in joining our Whatsapp group.

Cheers!


Hi Voyager, I don't have an option for PM.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th May 2016 at 13:02.
affsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! GTO The Indian Car Scene 2619 23rd July 2017 19:58
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 26 27th March 2017 21:05
PIC : Team-BHP Stickers on Team-BHP servers! GTO Announcements 48 12th August 2014 16:08
Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year guyonblackybx The Team-BHP Meet Section 50 17th January 2008 12:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks