Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2010, 22:43   #241
BHPian

That is one great Idea guys!
Why not do one thing?
Let us just inform Bangalore Mirror that we are doing it for a social cause?

Just print posters :
"Only 1411 left
Save the Tiger"

Will be great if it works out. I have a few contacts.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:46   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey preetam, send me the link to the google xl. I updated it, but asdon says my details are not there. Any other sheet ?
Old 25th February 2010, 23:30   #243
BHPian

Guys its a great idea to carry "SAVE TIGER" posters on our cars, I have just sent an email to WWF India, regarding this, hope they will reply soon, else we can contact some local printing press to get the posters for us. Anyone with connection with any designer may help us. Now this might be of media's interest if we can do it.

@lalu - your details are updated, I didn't refresh it for a long time, sorry for that.

Last tally 37 heads with 17 cars.

Last edited by asdon : 25th February 2010 at 23:32.
Old 25th February 2010, 23:40   #244
BHPian

hey, isn't the Aircel folks doing the "Save Tigers" Campaign?.

Why not we get in touch with them. They should be more than happy in supporting this with Stickers only. I guess MODS should be Ok with this, as we are not promoting any Automobile product but at the same time doing our bit by carrying this social message. What say MOD's? Is it OK...

@asdon, hoping you get response from WWF India. Should be a good cover all over the world. i can help with a designer
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Buddy's Meet on March 27 and 28 in Nagarhole. EDIT: Bookings closed for now-savethetigerposter.jpg  

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 25th February 2010 at 23:51.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:22   #245
BHPian

Well I had written to Director of Project Tiger and here is what I got -

[FONT=Tahoma]From: DIG(NTCA) <jdntca@gmail.com>
To: avijit_sarkar@yahoo.com
Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 11:56:10 PM
Subject: Hello Re: Save Tiger Campaign

[/FONT]Hi,
I am out of office, travelling in the field and will be back on 27th
March, 2010. During this period I may not be having access to the
internet regularly. Therefore, please bear with me for delayed
response.
Best wishes.

--
S.P.Yadav
Deputy Inspector General
National Tiger Conservation Authority
Ministry of Environment and Forests
Bikaner House, Annexe-V,Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi-110011
Tel/Fax: +91-11-23389883.
[COLOR=#0000ff]www.projecttiger.nic.in[/COLOR], [COLOR=#0000ff]www.tigernet.nic.in[/COLOR]

we have to conact some other sources I guess
Old 26th February 2010, 01:20   #246
BHPian

I am taking up responsibility for making the posters. Will design them myself and put it up within a day or two. A3 size posters ( 297mmx210mm) will cost Rs 25 each. If everyone's ok, I'll go ahead with it. Please keep me posted. I have worked on designing my band's poster so I think I should be able to do it. For reference, my band "OMM"s poster looks like this :

Name:  OMM Poster.jpg
Views: 2991
Size:  82.8 KB

Let me know what you think...

Regards
Preetam

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 26th February 2010 at 01:25. Reason: picture not displaying
Old 26th February 2010, 02:28   #247
Senior - BHPian

Guys, are we serious about it and how serious are we actually? I really don't like doing something just for the sake of it or for publicity. I mean, this save tiger/environment thing that you people are talking about. I know it's a noble cause but any noble cause without a heart put into it just doesn't work and it doesn't remain a noble cause. Is it just to get some publicity? That's what it seemed to be from how it got started. How many of us can vouch that they'll not forget about the "save tiger/environment" initiative after they come back from the trip. And if that's gonna happen then it'll become nothing but a farce. Sorry to sound rude but I just wanted to clear my doubts.
Old 26th February 2010, 09:07   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Guys, are we serious about it and how serious are we actually? I really don't like doing something just for the sake of it or for publicity. I mean, this save tiger/environment thing that you people are talking about. I know it's a noble cause but any noble cause without a heart put into it just doesn't work and it doesn't remain a noble cause. Is it just to get some publicity? That's what it seemed to be from how it got started. How many of us can vouch that they'll not forget about the "save tiger/environment" initiative after they come back from the trip. And if that's gonna happen then it'll become nothing but a farce. Sorry to sound rude but I just wanted to clear my doubts.
I don't think we need publicity as our homes doesn't run due to our public life, we all have a job to do, and during the course we forget to do anything about the place we live in. I can vouch for atleast myself and others who have posted that we are not doing for publicity. Think about this - the villagers do protest when the forest limits are marked and sealed, so they can not go in for what ever they do, they fear the tiger as their worst enimy. But when these people on the road to Nagarahole will see a bunch of 20 cars with the posters it might ask in their mind as "why we are doing this", remember they don't go very deep into every thing, what they see tend to belive very easily. When some school goers will see our cars it will create a view in their mind too, as it would have created in our mind when we saw something interesting in our childhood. There are many people who goes to these places just to have fun and pollute the wild environment, it is possible that they also might see our cars carrying these banners and refrain from what they would have done otherwise. And forgetting a Team-BHP event is not that easy my friend, ask anyone who has gone to Yellagiri, they can run a commentry from start to end without missing anything. You doubt is very genuine but belive me, what might not achive anything out of this but publicity will be the last thing we want to do for ourselves, yes if it helps the publicity to "SAVE TIGER" campaign I will do it 100 times.

Last edited by asdon : 26th February 2010 at 09:11.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:01   #249
BHPian

@ kaushik s : I don't think that any t-bhpian is doing this to get publicity or just for the sake of it. It is an honest effort to create awareness among people who see these posters on our cars that the tiger population is dwindling to an extent of extinction. I know of many people who are looking for tiger nails to put in their chains as lockets just so that it looks good or as a lucky charm(i feel like shooting them in their heads but can't). It is for such sort of people that we need to inform that the tigers may not survive for long if such practices continues and their sons/daughters may not even be able to see them in the future.

@preetham that is a cool poster of your band man.Please go ahead and design the poster(try to do it before sundays meet so we can get feedback from the people visiting)and i don't think any Bhpian would mind shelling out 25bucks for the posters.hey preetham why don't you get your band members for the meet as alter will not be joining us(we'll miss you alter).

Why not get two posters for each car? On at the front and one at the back.

Regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 26th February 2010 at 10:14.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:04   #250
BHPian

I second asdon. Completely. +1 my friend.
We are here not for publicity, but for social awareness.
It makes sense you see, because we may not be able to take part in the campaign actively being working people, but we can surely do our part for the noble cause.
I say that lets get it done. And the publicity part is not because of "Self Publicity", it is for people to know that "We Care" so that we let "Everyone Care".

Thanks Rocky! I am getting down to it! Was just waiting for a single reply from anyone! I will make 2 or 3 designs and we will zero down to any one and get it printed. If we print more posters, I might even get a small discount.

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 26th February 2010 at 10:06.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:35   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Yes, I agree fully with asdon. Its more fun to see all cars gliding together and moving in unison. Let this be a leisurely cruise rather than, trying to test our cars.
And one more thing, I would like to be in the slowest car to tag along, as I am the undisputed photographer of the group! LOL!
Remember, all else will be driving

NOTE : If you are the fastest, also remember that its very lonely at the top of the pyramid.
@ preetham, Undisputed photographer well !!! I guess not ,

as far as the stickers are concerned none on my car i like to keep it clean guys, My thought
Old 26th February 2010, 10:40   #252
BHPian

+ 1 to kaushik(minus publicity sake, of course I dont think we all need publicity), there needs to be a future plan in place right away so that the spirit behind this cause sustains. If we dont have that plan now, then this is just a 1 time act that is not going to yield any result(I know its very hard to obtain a tangible result in such a domain)in its true spirit. When I say sustenance, we need to devise an ongoing plan (activities specifically) that should bolster this initiative, else I feel the whole intention is just gonna dry out subsequently ! Please dont get me wrong here, I am just thinking ahead !
Old 26th February 2010, 10:47   #253
BHPian

@Raj : Dude, stop changing my name. I said Undisputed Photographer because I do not have a car to drive
And we are not making stickers, we are going for Posters,which can be stuck to the rear window with ever reliable cellotape

@s3va : We are just thinking ahead too! If it goes well we can think about it in the long run!
Old 26th February 2010, 11:14   #254
BHPian

@preetam_korg; You love arguments, don't you, Buddy
sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
@Raj : Dude, stop changing my name. I said Undisputed Photographer because I do not have a car to drive
And we are not making stickers, we are going for Posters,which can be stuck to the rear window with ever reliable cellotape

@s3va : We are just thinking ahead too! If it goes well we can think about it in the long run!
Old 26th February 2010, 11:44   #255
BHPian

Hey guys,
I came to know about the bandipur meet just today.
Can me & my wifey can join you guys for the trip on 27th & 28th?
Car I20.
Closed Thread