Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2010, 11:51   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
as far as the stickers are concerned none on my car i like to keep it clean guys, My thought
Same Here. No Posters on My Car Guys.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:57   #257
BHPian

The more the merrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Hey guys,
I came to know about the bandipur meet just today.
Can me & my wifey can join you guys for the trip on 27th & 28th?
Car I20.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:58   #258
BHPian

The thread has become quite interesting. Lot of ideas - good and thats what the forums are meant for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@ DD, how about a solo drive this time around too?
Thanks Deepak for the continued invitation. Well ...i will try, cant commit at this moment as i have a trip planned to Chikmagalur on the very next week i.e. 2nd april weekend. I will surely come to the sunday meeting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Guys, are we serious about it and how serious are we actually? I really don't like doing something just for the sake of it or for publicity. I mean, this save tiger/environment thing that you people are talking about. I know it's a noble cause but any noble cause without a heart put into it just doesn't work and it doesn't remain a noble cause. Is it just to get some publicity? That's what it seemed to be from how it got started. How many of us can vouch that they'll not forget about the "save tiger/environment" initiative after they come back from the trip. And if that's gonna happen then it'll become nothing but a farce. Sorry to sound rude but I just wanted to clear my doubts.
Kaushik - its a pleasure to observe your genuine interest and yes..I agree the idea came out more of a casual way, but the intention was on track - To carry a social message of saving tigers. T-BHP has done similar campaigns earlier too in public interest. And as far as publicity is concerned this is not a commercial forum and T-BHP has already its name on the first page of Google, anything you search on indian automotive. We are in general not doing anything actively for the environment (pure environmentalists excuse me) and if we could contribute in some or other way either directly or indirectly for the environment its well and good, especially when we are in the jungle territory.

My thoughts:

Instead of stickers make it on washable cloth/recyclable paper and hang on the front bumper.
If at all, media coverage is there, focus should be on T-BHP initiative on wild life protection rather than on the meet.
Please adhere to all rules and regulations inside the area more to justify your own campaign.
The planned music party should be in a closed area without disturbing the wild life.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 26th February 2010 at 12:02.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:02   #259
BHPian

Default Times Mirror article !

Folks I can help in getting our trip published in the travelogue sections of Bangalore Mirror through my friend who has offered to assist. Usually mega trips and trips with a cause are easy to be published than inidividual ones, and I think ours is a mega one.

There are two options, a pre or post coverage. But pre is mostly published to invite folks and obtain other required contributions to make the trip happen. I feel we require the post coverage.

MODS : Do raise your stick if you find a deviation from the forum rules in relation to this plan of ours.

Can we find an alternative to stickers ? You know why i am asking

Last edited by s3va : 26th February 2010 at 12:09.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:08   #260
BHPian

Why has this thread become so interesting and full of adventure the moment I decided not to come Why Why Why

Whoever is going to organise the next meet after this please ensure that the turnout is more or at least equal to this ones, for me to become sane again.Else I am going to hunt everyone down and

Anyways will definitely catch up with you guys this sunday.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:18   #261
BHPian

Alter Ego try and make it, I checked your Safari at EC T8 basement parking a few weeks ago.

Guys with regards to posters for the save tiger campaign and media publicity and other do's and don'ts we can positively have a discussion on Sunday when we all meet. Speaking up will have more clarity on the individual thought process
Old 26th February 2010, 12:33   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

1. If there is media publicity and all that stuff - Please count us out.
2. Our intention is to be together and have an enjoyable evening.
3. We don't mind doing our small bit for "Save Tiger" campaign. I hope everyone on our individual capacities always does something in various causes to help. That's it and only it.

Last edited by laluks : 26th February 2010 at 12:40.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:43   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
1. If there is media publicity and all that stuff - Please count us out.
2. Our intention is to be together and have an enjoyable evening.
3. We don't mind doing our small bit for "Save Tiger" campaign. I hope everyone on our individual capacities always does something in various causes to help. That's it and only it.

I agree with Lalu. I am up for this drive only for the great drive and to have an enjoyable get-together with great folk. If you guys are going ahead with this campaign, good luck but count me out as well.

No Offence Folks.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:45   #264
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I respect your thoughts even though we don't agree, so please bear with me. I normally speak my mind out, specially if I'm gonna part of something. It's really good if people are doing it with all their heart for the cause and in that case I do support you. But I still wouldn't put a sticker on my car, as I'm not able convince myself yet, sorry. If I'm then I'll be the first one to put that poster/sticker.
I told about publicity cause the thought process started like that, I mean, there were talks about coverage in the media and then posters so that media will definitely cover it. I'm not talking about individuals here. I somehow felt it's not right and spoke my mind.
Anyway, see you guys on Sunday meet. Hope we are still friends ;-)
Old 26th February 2010, 12:55   #265
BHPian

Hey guys I think the discussion is going off topic -

Our intension is to go to Nagarahole, have some good time, if get a chance spot wild life, drive and come back. On the way if we can do some thing for the wild life we may want to do within our capacity. Thats it, please no media coverage required.

@Lalu & KRRaj - you guys are in and going for the trip, please don't pull out due to a sudden discussion came in.

Guys please meet on Sunday, anyone having any idea speake up then and there. We should keep our focus on a enjoyable trip and nothing else in primary cause.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:02   #266
BHPian

Sorry, folks, I think this is going off the track. I would ask everyone to stop the discussion on this topic right here. It would genuinely make more sense, if we all talk on this if at all when we meet. Discussion closed on this. Lets stick to the discussion on the trip. And guys, please do not drop out, on this silly pretext. Lets keep it going.

NOTE TO MODERATORS:
Please delete all posts on discussion about the tiger project and the social awareness. We will discuss it once we meet in person. Thank You.

Old 26th February 2010, 13:31   #267
BHPian

Hi guys,
Me & Bobby will not be able to join on Sunday i.e. Feb 28 meet. Is it possible for us to transfer the contribution online to a/c for the trip expense.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:14   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
@ preetham, Undisputed photographer well !!! I guess not ,

as far as the stickers are concerned none on my car i like to keep it clean guys, My thought

As long as you dont go blue my friend.

Dont want to see any blue tigers

On a different note a few points below

1. Lets save all our other non trip related discussions to the sunday event
2. I agree quite a lot to the point Asdon put, lets all try drive together and avoid any exhibisionist behaviour. We dont want to have any untoward incidents on our drive
3. Any new person wants to join, please do so, there is no restriction. But, I also guess we shuold have a cut off. Only my opinion, as we dont want to have a 100 people all at once resulting in complete chaos. Half the time people will end up being in their own groups and will defeat the purpose of getting to know each other. My opinion strictly, feel free to contradict the same. A cut of date for entires can be implemented

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 26th February 2010 at 14:23.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:17   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Hi guys,
Me & Bobby will not be able to join on Sunday i.e. Feb 28 meet. Is it possible for us to transfer the contribution online to a/c for the trip expense.
Vinay, I will let you know the details after sunday's meet, don't worry
Old 26th February 2010, 14:23   #270
Senior - BHPian

i fell it's a long time away and priorities change. we can reopen this thread at appropriate time.
Closed Thread