Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2010, 14:41   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
i fell it's a long time away and priorities change. we can reopen this thread at appropriate time.
Its not so long away too, there is no question of closing the thread.
Events comming up -

Sunday we have discussion

by 1st weeken of March we have to collect pay advance to the resort

New people might join in, some may drop out

So there will be issues to discuss as this will be a big gathering and overnight stay.

Sorry for the difference in opinion.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:12   #272
BHPian

Just wanted to check with the Guys meeting this weekend about the duration of the discussion this weekend? I have a seminar on the day and would be done by about 530-6pm.

Would you guys be there even till 6 - 6.15pm?
Old 26th February 2010, 15:24   #273
BHPian

Just a quick note. I wont be in Bangalore this weekend, so I wont be coming for the mini-meet. Do post your decisions here.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:23   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

@thedreamcatcher - I agree completely.
We must put a cutoff to the registrations and dates to confirm. I saw in the Bangalore OTR event, the chaos though it seemed to have been planned well.

Points to think now would be
1. What would be the ideal number of cars and people we can handle.
2. What would be the max comfortable capacity at the resort.
3. What would be the cutoff date for confirming?

@asdon - Yes we are definitley in till this point. But if .... for Sunday's discussion.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:34   #275
BHPian

guys why argue over the tiger issue? lets discuss this when we meet on sunday.And please don't drop out because of this issue. I hope to meet more bhpians in this meet.I am sure we can work something out so everyone stays happy. And about sharing seats in cars i have confirmed 4 seats empty in my Xylo so anybody wants to join me they are most welcome.
@ preetham what happened to your band members joining us? Don't worry if you don't have a car you guys can join me in my car.

Regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 26th February 2010 at 16:40.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:34   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@asdon - Yes we are definitley in till this point. But if .... for Sunday's discussion.
Sirji have faith, there will be nothing on sunday for which anyone has to drop

Well I know there has to be a cutoff, but then I know that there might be some last minute drops too, so wanted to keep the participation open till 5th March, hope all will agree. I have a point, if we can share seats in cars then the number of cars might be less and will help us only to manage. Open to discussion what all of you may feel.

As for me 50 heads with 20 cars is a number I am looking at.
@Preetam, hope we have not reached that figure, so anything less is easily managable, what say Lalu?
Old 26th February 2010, 16:51   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post

Our intension is to go to Nagarahole, have some good time, if get a chance spot wild life, drive and come back. On the way if we can do some thing for the wild life we may want to do within our capacity. Thats it
Asdon and all others of the group,
It is not publicity, the right word to use would be AWARENESS, it is a nice idea to spread awareness about the tiger and the peril it is in today.
The poster is one such idea which conveys the message that it is in the welfare of the tiger, you don't need to stop or conduct awareness workshops along the way, but you definitely can help by showing your solidarity for a very important cause with a small line under the picture...
SAVE THE TIGER.
Your intentions are "to have some good time", believe me you will but also will be a responsible citizen and who knows where you will land up tomorrow? A more dedicated team for the same cause, maybe.
The greatest journeys were started by a first step.
If you need any pics for he poster let me know, I will send you two appropriate high resolution images from my personal collection.
Regards,
Old 26th February 2010, 17:23   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji have faith, there will be nothing on sunday for which anyone has to drop
. I have yaar.

I just made my point, since we started on this drive idea
1. to get together,
2. to have fun,
3. to get to know,
and while doing that do our bit for a nice cause.

Quote:
Well I know there has to be a cutoff, but then I know that there might be some last minute drops too, so wanted to keep the participation open till 5th March, hope all will agree.
5th March sounds good.

Quote:
I have a point, if we can share seats in cars then the number of cars might be less and will help us only to manage. Open to discussion what all of you may feel.
Sharing seats is a good idea, that way we already would have acted on a social cause without publicity .

Quote:
As for me 50 heads with 20 cars is a number I am looking at.
@Preetam, hope we have not reached that figure, so anything less is easily managable, what say Lalu?
That was also in my mind.

@asdon - you have thought of all minute things yaar.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:32   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Alter Ego try and make it, I checked your Safari at EC T8 basement parking a few weeks ago.
You also work in EC??? Hey lets catch up then.glad to know that I have a co-t-bhpian working in the same tower as mine.Which account by the way?
Old 26th February 2010, 17:39   #280
Senior - BHPian

50 max with 20 cars should be a cap. Else it will become too unmanageable. And last date for entry 'SHOULD' be the 5th, eles it may become to chaotic. Even if we end up with just 35 people, it is still good.

7 bhpians rocked bangalore over the last few weeks with the tonnur lake and Skandagiri drives.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:42   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
50 max with 20 cars should be a cap. Else it will become too unmanageable. And last date for entry 'SHOULD' be the 5th, eles it may become to chaotic. Even if we end up with just 35 people, it is still good.

7 bhpians rocked bangalore over the last few weeks with the tonnur lake and Skandagiri drives.
If 7 rocked Bangalore, then imagine what 50 will do
Old 26th February 2010, 17:44   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
If 7 rocked Bangalore, then imagine what 50 will do
Rioting.

Can someone prevent me from coming back to this thread and getting jealous everytime
Old 26th February 2010, 17:50   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Rioting.

Can someone prevent me from coming back to this thread and getting jealous everytime
We will till we ensure that you join us

Remember, a bhp meet missed, is a meet missed forever. You missed the others and remember the pics

And my point on 7 having a rocking time was meant to say, that it is always not a high number alone that will guarantee a rocking time. But again, my statement is not rigid and I am not against more coming, but just trying to make it easier to manage
Old 26th February 2010, 17:52   #284
BHPian

@Alter, Hurricane12 : please take it to the PM's

@Everyone else :
  • The figure we are looking at is 20 cars with 50 members on board. Asdon has stated this clearly.
  • The thread should be left open for all clarifications, and new member entrants for the trip.
  • The cut-off date will be declared once I speak with asdon, and after all of us meet on sunday. Till then, further contemplations on this issue will be absolutely unnecessary.
  • As for the AWARENESS part, we are keeping it on indefinite hold right now, will be discussed on the day of the mini meet, i.e. 28th February, Sunday.
  • All those who will not be available for Sunday's meet will recieve PM's/phone calls/ SMS's from the organisers,we have all your contact details on the excel sheet, so do not worry about that.
  • Sharing seats can also be discussed on sunday.

NOTE : Let us all hope that we have a great trip ahead.
Otherwise it will be a shame if we have to cancel even a portion of a participation after so much of extensive planning.
Remember "United we stand, Divided we fall."
Let us all make a difference...TOGETHER!
Old 26th February 2010, 17:59   #285
Senior - BHPian

Can someone (Preetam or Asdon) post the confirmed list and their rides?
Closed Thread