Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2010, 01:01   #301
BHPian

@asdon and preetam. Is someone calling the Domino's manager Srinath today morning and confirming. The confirmation will only ensure that they do not let any other people for dining in there.

@alter, what do I say mate? Cant see your helplessness you heart must be saying lets go, while your mind must be stopping you. There are three possible things you can do.

1. Come along, to compensate you not being available with your parents. Apply leave for 2-3 days and stay along.
2. The best one, get your parents along.
3. Stop watching this thread, which I know you cant resist. On a serious note, how many times did you refresh this page?
Old 27th February 2010, 01:06   #302
BHPian

Deepak, I do not have Srinath's number. Please PM me his number so that I can confirm tomorrow first thing in the morning.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:07   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a look at the list now.
Confirmed - 49
Tentative - 17
Cars - 21

It sure is going to be fun.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:10   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@asdon, preetam. I just spoke to the Dominos Guy to inquire about the seating capacity and he says there is place for 50 people considering there are no other people enjoying their pizzas.

9886314734 Srinath is the manager there who would be working in evenings.

I have told him that I would confirm again on Saturday morning.

I guess 50 should be a good seating capacity unless we get many more than 50
Here's the post Preetam.
Preetam, whats the status of your roomy's are they joining us?
Old 27th February 2010, 01:10   #305
BHPian

Sirjee, looks like the cap has to come in tomorrow. The list has to be confirmed by midday, will post updates after detiled talks with asdon.

Regards
Preetam
Old 27th February 2010, 01:14   #306
BHPian

@Deepak :
Will call up Srinath tomorrow in the morning tomorrow, or better still, why dont you speak to him cos you have already spoken to him once?
As for my roomies, they are going to Kolkata that time, so I doubt if they'll be able to join in. Still keeping it open though.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:17   #307
BHPian

Done, will call and confirm. SMS me number of people coming in once your talks with Asdon are fruitful. I am just hoping 20+ cars parked near dominos should not create any traffic jams. I am sure every TBHP will be at his best of road/traffic behavioral, with right parking without causing any trouble to passers by.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:34   #308
BHPian

Deepak, I do not have the faintest idea as to how the place is like, so cannot comment on the parking and jams it might cause.
Once I talk to asdon in the morning I'll call you and let you know.
I think he should have hit the bed by now.
Old 27th February 2010, 08:29   #309
BHPian

Guys, I just received by Income Tax computation. Looks horrific.
I'm dropping from the confirmed list to tentative...
Old 27th February 2010, 09:02   #310
BHPian

Here is the CAP

No more participation please, with confirmed and tentative we have reached 70 heads with 23 cars (I am including RKSans who will come back to India on 5th)

Beyond this will be unmanagable. I am really sorry to the folks who would like to join after today but we really can't accomodate any more for the time. Please keep looking at the thread, and anyone interested can send me/ preetam their details, if someone drops from confirmed list, we will get them in. But at this point no more seats please.
@Preetam,@Lalu,@Deepak - whats your view?
Old 27th February 2010, 09:24   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Deepak, I do not have the faintest idea as to how the place is like, so cannot comment on the parking and jams it might cause.
Once I talk to asdon in the morning I'll call you and let you know.
I think he should have hit the bed by now.
@Deepak/@Preetam -

The dominos have some parking, and after that there is a service road infront so we can park our cars aside too.I don't think that will be an issue. BTW what is the menu at dominos?
Old 27th February 2010, 10:39   #312
BHPian

@asdon. Yes very true, we need to put a cap. There is no point accommodating more than we can handle, rather say more than what the Jungle Inn can handle. Once it becomes over crowded, none will enjoy. And I hope this includes all people wanting to join till late last evening, right Asdon.

We need to keep the option open, on a first come first basis we will accommodate if there are any last minute drop outs. Who will don the hats of a refree judging the first parked people

Attaching the menu and deal coupons for reference, if anyone can get few coupons prints.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf coupons.pdf (136.9 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 27th February 2010 at 10:41.
Old 27th February 2010, 10:52   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree asdon. Probably we have to close the registrations.
Tomorrow we can finalise at the mini meet and put up the confirmed list.

Last minute accomodations can be based on first come first served based on the cancellations.
Old 27th February 2010, 15:10   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Few tips when you visit a reserve forest -
Switch off your car music system

Please don't smoke while within forest limts( such thing created a fire incident in Nagarahaole 2 yrs back)

Maintain a speed limit of 20-30kmph within forest as wild lives are not used to cross roads before speeding traffic

Be silent and look both sides of the forest, you may spot something interesting

If you spot an Elephant, specially a large one, try to keep a gap of 200-300 meters, as they might be in a group and willing to cross the road and big brother is in front to check out the road, and never switch off your car

Never ever use horn in forest, feel the silence of forest, I guaranty you, you will love this

If time permits and we go to Irruppu falls, be carefull about leeches, better we carry a packet of salt with us. If you find one on your leg just sprinkle some salt on it, it will come out, don't try to pull it, it will go in further

Tigers will not attack you if you are inside the car, so enjoy the photo session without noise

Did I scare you
To add to that, NO getting down from the car to shoot a Elephant, probably that might become your last photograph :-) Actually somehow I found that spotting of animals(except monkeys or deers) on the roadside of Nagarhole is bit tough. Let's hope we are lucky this time.

No need to worry about Leeches at Irupu Falls at this time of year. It's not monsoon yet. I've been there during similar time (April) before and no problem of leeches that time.
BTW, a few shots from the Nagarhole forest and Irupu falls,
Nagarhole & Irupu - a set on Flickr
Old 27th February 2010, 15:45   #315
BHPian

Finally sunday guys. I am so excited to meet the bangalore t-bhpian members for the first time. To be frank a little nervous also so it would be useful if guys who are older than me tell me if i can call them by their handle names or address you as sir/madam or handle name with sir/madam at the end.

Regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 27th February 2010 at 15:46.
Closed Thread