Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2010, 22:58   #361
BHPian

Was that drag racing? on a lighter note, i thought drag racing was some Bull pulling the cars and fastest bull wins. ha ha ha

@ MODS, request you to change the subject line to

"Bangalore Buddy's Meet on March 27 and 28 in Nagarhole"
Old 1st March 2010, 08:36   #362
BHPian

Those Drag racers were not aware of TBHPians around, watching them self proclaming as the biggest morons of ORR yesterday

It was great meeting all you guys, been my 1st meet too. Looking forward for a great trip ahead.
Old 1st March 2010, 09:08   #363
Senior - BHPian

it was a wonderful small meet. I could meet many new guys whom I couldn't see during the yelagiri trip. Nice meet organized by ASDON. Cheers........
Old 1st March 2010, 10:35   #364
BHPian

It was great seeing all you guys. Though I remember very few names.
I'm sure I'd get to know your guys better
Old 1st March 2010, 10:48   #365
Senior - BHPian

It was a nice meet guys. Hope more turn up for the big event though.

And as for the drag, as you guys said, it was a bunch of morons actually. Pretty young guys, that too on the wrong side of the road. Both Swifts

I was actually standing quite next to them and the discussion was something like this

Moron 1: Some profane words
Moron 2: Some more profane words

Moron 1: Hey let us both do burn-out together maan
Moron 2: We will drag or burn out

Moron 1: Burn out maaaan, you go phirst
Moron 2: (Does some pathetic excuse of a wheelspin and then Moron one follows him as well)

It was too dark, god I wish they could see that they were in front of an army of team bhpians. Anyways, I think Rajeev could have probably taken offf normaly in first gear and still beaten them at their 'burrn out'

Moron 1:
Old 1st March 2010, 13:35   #366
BANNED

Sorry for cutting into the Chennai thread. But that last line about someone taking off in first gear and still beating those guys at their "burn out" was just hilarious!!
Old 1st March 2010, 13:51   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Sorry for cutting into the Chennai thread. But that last line about someone taking off in first gear and still beating those guys at their "burn out" was just hilarious!!
Its the Bangalore Thread actually
Old 1st March 2010, 14:05   #368
BHPian

Jokes apart guys, those two guys were seriously offensive. I seriously wanted to do this to them. Anyways even if I dont do it ( I'm a responsible citizen) some other moron surely will!
Old 1st March 2010, 14:40   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post

Jokes apart guys, those two guys were seriously offensive. I seriously wanted to do this to them. Anyways even if I dont do it ( I'm a responsible citizen) some other moron surely will!
janedo uncle, bachche hai.. maaf karo
Old 1st March 2010, 15:13   #370
BHPian

It was good meeting up with the guys yesterday! Time to share a small secret I am not too sure, how many members know that there was a mini meet(CCD) after the main meet (Domino's)!!!!

Looking forward to the trip!! please do post the confirmed plans!
Old 1st March 2010, 18:21   #371
BHPian

@mail.jaiswal :
Probably we will have a second mini meet during the Ugadi weekend where those people who could not make it this time, can meet again (Wait... Dont beat me up yet, People who had already come are welcome too )

NOTE :
I dont guess many people knew...
MARKETING MANTRA : Never go to a CCD to settle matters involving cash. The extra loss will have to be accounted for by the accountant himself

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 1st March 2010 at 18:26.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:16   #372
BHPian

Hey Guys, still no updates on the meeting. This is torturing the poor souls who were dragged away from attending the meet.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:21   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
And as for the drag, as you guys said, it was a bunch of morons actually. Pretty young guys, that too on the wrong side of the road. Both Swifts

I was actually standing quite next to them and the discussion was something like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
janedo uncle, bachche hai.. maaf karo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Those Drag racers were not aware of TBHPians around, watching them self proclaming as the biggest morons of ORR yesterday

It was great meeting all you guys, been my 1st meet too. Looking forward for a great trip ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Was that drag racing? on a lighter note, i thought drag racing was some Bull pulling the cars and fastest bull wins. ha ha ha
OT,
I know that you all would like to smack me up and crucify me for making an irresponsible statement by saying this but I really liked the small drag , burn out or whatever you call that 100 metre drag which they did.

And whats with this that they should have known that there was a gang of t-bhpians there.Come on just because we are a growing community and were there in sizeable numbers doesn't mean that they were morons and we know everything about FFEs and filters.
And just meeting and going on drives doesn't make us an auto-enlightened lot and judge other auto-freaks.

And that part of the stretch that they were doing the drag is closed for use by commutters as the other end is a dead end due to the agara overhead/flyover construction.So no issues about that.

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to those 2 ,doing the drags in their swifts but I know there are lots of young at heart in these forums whose hearts might have really raced when the drag started.I for one liked it and being honest about it.For me that was the perfect ending to a lovely t-bhp meeting.Kind of a salute to the petroheads that we all are.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:51   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin82 View Post
Hey Guys, still no updates on the meeting. This is torturing the poor souls who were dragged away from attending the meet.
Well, I also wanted to know the update but was not saying anything as I lost that right by not attending the mini-meet (both Domino & CCD)
Old 1st March 2010, 21:15   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Well, I also wanted to know the update but was not saying anything as I lost that right by not attending the mini-meet (both Domino & CCD)
Hehe, I don't harbour any guilt. It was a genuine circumstance that made me skip the meet. I was even chatting with Lalu and Preetam the night earlier. Let's just hope that these guys wake up out of their slumber and start typing.
Closed Thread