Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2010, 22:33   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin82 View Post
Hehe, I don't harbour any guilt. It was a genuine circumstance that made me skip the meet. I was even chatting with Lalu and Preetam the night earlier. Let's just hope that these guys wake up out of their slumber and start typing.
Ok guys here it is -

We are going on 27th Morning

Meeting will start at Mysore Road-NICE road junction from 6 am onwards. We hope to Start by 6:45am, and stop some where Between Maddur & Mandya for tiffin. That is by 9:30am considering the traffic on Mysore road.

By 10:30am we should be ready and head for Srirangapatna. By 11:30am we will gather at Srirangapatna, have a roll call and go in a convoy if possible, towards Hunsur.By 12:15pm we should reach there and topup fuels if reqd.There are 2 ATMs so we can use them also. By 12:30-45pm we will reach the resort. Get fresh and lunch will be ready.

After lunch we will go on our own for a Jungle Safari by road, if possible till Kabini. Come back have evening snacks and camp fire and musical night will be waiting for you. Enjoy till you drop, don't forget to take dinner in between(ready by 9pm).

Morning we should get out by 5:15am, as morning safari will start by 6:30am in Wayanad forest, which costs 600/ph, we will negotiate that if possible. Do a safari for 3 to 4 hr, come back to resort have a heavy breakfast, can have shower if reqd, check-out by 12:30pm, come back via kabini route, meet some where on Mysore road(any of the CCDs), have photo sessions, see eachother off and drive home safe max by 8pm. Start posting your snaps

We are going ahead with the "Save Tiger" posters for those who are willing to carry them on their cars, without any media involvement. Request to all, this is a private event keep this as private. I hope all will agree on this.

We are collecting advances for resort payments, you can pay full or 50% of the total cost (Rs 1000/- per head, excluding children under 5 yr), so you may contact Me or Preetam on how to transfer funds.

Thanks,

Avijit

Last edited by asdon : 1st March 2010 at 22:40.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:51   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
We are going ahead with the "Save Tiger" posters for those who are willing to carry them on their cars, without any media involvement.
Avijit
Though I am not participating in this drive I am very much interested to spot the "Save Tiger" poster on my Safari.Can I have one too.And if I am not being too demanding I would like 2.
Anything to save my wild buddies.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:33   #378
BHPian

Hey Asdon,

it will be good if we post the final list, i might be bringing one more person(My Mom) if she is interested, since she will be visiting me in 2nd week of march.

will let you know later.

by the way the safari will be in Jeeps, one more thing how the rooms will be available for Family, since my wifey wanted to know.

i was also bit tensed initially but went freely after some time since it was my first Meet. and i had to catch up some one so was not able to stay still the end.

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 09:42. Reason: Avoid quoting a long post when replying to a thread.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:38   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
one more thing how the rooms will be available for Family, since my wifey wanted to know.
We plane to take rooms with 5/6 beds or dormatories with 8/9 beds. Now we can put 2 or 3 families togather per room or isolate all ladies and kids in 2/3 rooms as you(all) will wish.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:05   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We plane to take rooms with 5/6 beds or dormatories with 8/9 beds. Now we can put 2 or 3 families togather per room or isolate all ladies and kids in 2/3 rooms as you(all) will wish.
This is a good idea. Asdon as Alter said, even I wanted the poster if you can spare or if it is left over.
Alter good slogan "Anything to save our wild buddies"
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:09   #381
BHPian

@Preetam - start making the poster please you have customer lined up

Guys who were not present in the mini meet - please let us know when can we meet if you have any discussions and we will need the payments too

Last edited by asdon : 2nd March 2010 at 09:19.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:43   #382
BHPian

How about families getting rooms and bachelors in dormitories;
don't mind paying a premium for that though;
sure some couples wanna spend the night alone , hope some couples agree to that

Quote:
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:16   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
How about families getting rooms and bachelors in dormitories;
don't mind paying a premium for that though;
sure some couples wanna spend the night alone , hope some couples agree to that
Raj. I agree ! It would be nice to have families, especially with kids in private double bed rooms ! I hope you understand the concern. Thanks
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:46   #384
BHPian

guys what about the topic of carpooling? As we want to do something to save the tigers why not start by reducing the number cars traveling to nagarhole? I don't think all cars are traveling to full capacity(at least i know mine isn't).i think this would mainly workout for people traveling alone and bachelors.what say?

Last edited by rocky080 : 2nd March 2010 at 10:48.
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:51   #385
BHPian

Fun is to travel at least 2 in cars and i wouldn't certainly like my car loaded with 5 people

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
guys what about the topic of carpooling? As we want to do something to save the tigers why not start by reducing the number cars traveling to nagarhole? I don't think all cars are traveling to full capacity(at least i know mine isn't).i think this would mainly workout for people traveling alone and bachelors.what say?
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:01   #386
BHPian

The Plan looks good Guys. Mostly it will be 4 from my side. I will confirm the exact no. in a day or 2 and will PM you for the money details.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:03   #387
BHPian

Awesome!
Will confirm with my wife tonight and contact the organizers for transferring the money.

Also, since this thread has now run into 25+ pages, it would be good if you could please post the room options once again.

Edit:

Found the options. Posting it here for benefit of others.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
Rs 1000/- for Family Dormatory (5 to 6 beds)
Rs 1300/- for Tents/ Double rooms (some tents have 5 beds)

*includes Lunch on arrival day, evening snacks, dinner, next day morning breatfast, tea/coffee, accomodation, childereb below 5 yrs free

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

Thanks,

Last edited by amohit : 2nd March 2010 at 11:08.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:47   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Raj. I agree ! It would be nice to have families, especially with kids in private double bed rooms ! I hope you understand the concern. Thanks
Me too agree.
@asdon - any concerns?
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:06   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Me too agree.
@asdon - any concerns?
No issues from my side, in that case I also might opt for double bed room

But then who are going to stay in 5/6 & 7/8 beded rooms? Some families might want to share rooms, and if everyone is going to stay in single rooms then the resort capacity will not be enough, hope you guys understand what I want to say, I know its an individual opinion but if 50+ heads has to be managed then everyone might not get what they will look for. I know I sound little odd, so comments please
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:07   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Rocky,

i had mentioned the concept of car pooling earlier, but then i realised that i am in a forum filled with people who love driving! and by requesting car pooling, it basically means asking a driver to become a navigator or a back seat warmer..

thats the reason, i didnt bring the topic again.. i dont ming people joining me in my car, but then asking me to sit in some other car would be amusing. what do you say? would you go in some other car, to support car pooling?
Closed Thread