Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2010, 17:31   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Here is the equation -
I am joinging with Boby & Gadadhar in a 6 bebed family room with an extra bed for Boby's son.
Asdon, small correction
Bobby & Gadadhar is the name of same person

You are joining Vinay Pillai & Bobby Gadadhar. Just thought of ending any confusion
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:41   #422
Senior - BHPian

Me and one of my friend, bachelor party, so all we need is a clean bed for each and ofcourse a clean toilet. Tent/Dorm/Double Room/single room anything would do.
BTW, I've two seats available in my car, anyone wish to join in is welcome. But be ready to be in the slowest car as I'll be stopping whenever there is a photo op and sometime these stops become bit lengthy too.

Quote:
Ok guys here it is -

We are going on 27th Morning

Meeting will start at Mysore Road-NICE road junction from 6 am onwards. We hope to Start by 6:45am, and stop some where Between Maddur & Mandya for tiffin. That is by 9:30am considering the traffic on Mysore road.
Just one doubt, what time are we going to start from NICE-Mysore Road junction? 6.45AM? Are we going to be strict about the timing? It will take an hour or max 1.5hr to reach Mandya. And if we start even by 7pm that means it'll be around 8.30AM max. Or are we going to stop for photo-shoot or something? And it's better if we decide about the stoppages for breakfast/food/fuel etc.
For breakfast we have the options of Kamat Lokaruchi, McDonalds, Shivalli (next to CCD) etc. Let's decide on some good place without any parking problem.
We can have some sync-up points instead of driving in a convoy. (The breakfast point can be one such point). Srirangapattana turn can be the next sync up point. And next one may be Hunsur turn towards Nagarhole. Why I'm saying is because not everyone will be at the same speed and to keep in sync in a convoy all the way will be a pain. Just my two cents.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 2nd March 2010 at 19:57.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:04   #423
BHPian

@Kaushik - Thats what we have already deciede, we have 3 stopping points. reason I gave 9:30 because of the midway photo opportunities, heavy traffic, smoke break, nature call.(Lalu has a good experience of facing breaks due to team member's natural breaks) and everything you can think of during a journey. If we reach before time good for us.

And starting at 6:45am, well you must be mad to belive me

6 am is the starting time, just wait and watch at what time the 1st car arrives on the spot. Talk about being the slowest of the lot and you will find me at the 1st place
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:46   #424
BHPian

Hi Asdon/ Preetam,

can you post the final list, and the head counts.

as you said we will meet near the Kankapura Out of Nice Road.

may be i might be the first person, to reach that place.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:58   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

@asdon sir - will take a tent for us 5 members

Sir is the NICE road complete from Electronic city to Mysore road? The Gottigere tank is done?? I have only take entry from Bennarghatta road.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:59   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Asdon/ Preetam,

we will meet near the Kankapura Out of Nice Road.
hi speedy racer we are not meeting on kanakapura-nice road junction. we are meeting on the mysore road-nice road junction ahead of kengeri.

@laluks the gottigere junction is not yet completed.

Last edited by rocky080 : 2nd March 2010 at 22:02.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:10   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@asdon sir - will take a tent for us 5 members

Sir is the NICE road complete from Electronic city to Mysore road? The Gottigere tank is done?? I have only take entry from Bennarghatta road.
Sirji, don't forget to bring those walky-talkies
@others no need to look at this post, I have already booked one
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:28   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
hi speedy racer we are not meeting on kanakapura-nice road junction. we are meeting on the mysore road-nice road junction ahead of kengeri.

@laluks the gottigere junction is not yet completed.
That means I cannot join in from Electronic city entry, and better to get in from Bennargahtta road?

Quote:
Will bring sir. I need to charge them now
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:30   #429
BHPian

Quote:
@others no need to look at this post, I have already booked one

Back door deals uh
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:37   #430
BHPian

Quote:
That means I cannot join in from Electronic city entry, and better to get in from Bennargahtta road?
@laluks you can join in from electronic city junction but when you near gottigere the road ends abruptly and you have to take a diversion to a small road on the lake bund which is not well marked(you might miss the turn there if you're not familiar with it). so better to join from bannerghatta road.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:41   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
@laluks you can join in from electronic city junction but when you near gottigere the road ends abruptly and you have to take a diversion to a small road on the lake bund which is not well marked(you might miss the turn there if you're not familiar with it). so better to join from bannerghatta road.
Thanks rocky. Bannerghatta entry is better.

The deviation you told - is that aright turn and some patchy roads which finally exits to bannergahatta road? I remember once being on that. That time the road was horrible. If its the same - how is it now? Is it relaid?
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:45   #432
BHPian

Quote:

The deviation you told - is that aright turn and some patchy roads which finally exits to bannergahatta road? I remember once being on that. That time the road was horrible. If its the same - how is it now? Is it relaid?
oh you already used horrible? I have to find new meaning to call that road as for the current condition.You can via E-city, there is a road from back side of Wipro office which connects to BG road and then NICE, I usually use that road to go to NICE road.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:02   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

If I'm coming, I'll be alone.

So, any guys with whom I can share a tent/bedroom?

Or am I too late to enter? Have the bookings already been done?
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:17   #434
BHPian

@nikhilb2008 : I guess bookings are done and there are a fwe people before you in the waiting queue... Lets see what we can do. But I cant promise anything brother.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:17   #435
BHPian

Quote:

@laluks:yes that's the deviation i was talking about. It was relaid but i have not traveled on that road for the past 3 months now(as i don't want to pay for that stretch of road until its completely finished) I usually take the bannerghatta road entrance.
Closed Thread