Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 4th March 2010, 19:01   #481
BHPian

My last trip to Kabini, just thought of sharing and motivating everyone
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-kabini.html
Old 4th March 2010, 19:26   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
My last trip to Kabini, just thought of sharing and motivating everyone
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-kabini.html
Vinay, you are a good lucky fellow, really great snaps, will learn some tricks of photography from you in this meet for sure.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:37   #483
BHPian

@Vinay :
Really nice shots there brother.
I second asdon, you sure are lucky.
I remember from my trip to Ranthambore, Day 1 we saw only pug marks, same with day 2 and we really were lucky on day 3 when we did see 2 playful tigers.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:59   #484
Senior - BHPian

And just now I found out that I did have posted my previous travelogue to Nagarhole and Irupu,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pics-incl.html (A drive towards Nagarhole & Irupu (pics incl.))

Asdon, I'll be transferring the money to your a/c by tomorrow.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:24   #485
BHPian

Nice pictures bro!
I loved the picture of the deer especially and the waterfall with the curtain of water.
Excellent image stability there!
Old 5th March 2010, 00:51   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Not much will be needed for 50 people I guess.
I will get my Amp and my 2 babies.
My Babies :
Attachment 300508
Amazing babies buddy. We are definitely looking forward to you rocking the night

A little lower in volume though, lest we turn around and see a few tigers humming to your tunes
Old 5th March 2010, 11:02   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Not much will be needed for 50 people I guess.
I will get my Amp and my 2 babies.
My Babies :
Attachment 300508
Aahaa, so here's KORG of Preetam's id. Awesome. Slightly OT, where have you learned to play the synth? Can you point me to some good Piano classes in Bangalore? A friend wanna know actually.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:44   #488
Senior - BHPian

Preetam, make sure you have a line of songs to keep us entertained for the trip. Are you bringing both or just one synth
Old 5th March 2010, 12:19   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Amazing babies buddy. We are definitely looking forward to you rocking the night

A little lower in volume though, lest we turn around and see a few tigers humming to your tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Preetam, make sure you have a line of songs to keep us entertained for the trip. Are you bringing both or just one synth
Thank You! I am planning to get both my synths. As for the volume I'm just bringing one 30 Watt amplifier, so I guess it will be simple to keep the volume in check. We surely can enjoy watching tigers dancing to our tunes, but we surely do not want "INTOXICATED" Tigers on a rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Aahaa, so here's KORG of Preetam's id. Awesome. Slightly OT, where have you learned to play the synth? Can you point me to some good Piano classes in Bangalore? A friend wanna know actually.
Thank You!
I have learnt at 3 places actually.
It all started off when I was in class 3. I was in Durgapur that time.
In class 4, I shifted to Kolkata and started leaning with a Private Tutor.
When in class 5, I started with the Calcutta School of Music, later to finish my diploma in music from the Trinity School of Music, London.

As for the classes on Piano/Synthesizer, I will PM you with details or will call you up. Otherwise we will go severely off topic here.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:55   #490
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that's impressive. We are in for a treat for sure. And let me know about the classes offline.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:02   #491
BHPian

@asdon, is there a night safari in Nagarhole?

Copied from the thread "Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!" posted by Team BHP user "DKG" post#62

This is in reply to "How do you protect yourself in case the tigers attack?"

Very good question. I asked the same during my visit to Corbett and a couple of guys who work the ranges said the same thing

1. We are NOT a part of the Tiger's food chain. Which means everytime a Tiger sees you in the forest it does not salivate

2. Wild animals generally are shy and fear humans

3. Unless an animal feels threatened it won't attack

4. Often a Tiger will try to call a bluff by a mock charge only to send a warning that your presence/proximity is not welcome

5. In the event you do confront an aggressive animal stand tall, raise arms and make noise. Don't run as it encourages the animal to attack. If you are in a open Jeep stand in the car.

6. If you are in a car and are confronted by a Tiger and its walking toward you try to reverse and eventually allow it its way.

7. If the animal is aggravated and launches a full fledged attack and you have no way to exit from the situation face the animal and fight it with whatever you can have.

Apart from the above the following are some primary precautions one must take to reduce chances of aggravating a wild animal

1. Wear clothing that blends with the foliage and does not cause visual noise. Wearing bright coloured clothing is a strict NO NO

2. Never go into a forest alone without a guide. Its plain suicidal.

3. Noise ensures wild animals stay away from you. So if you wish to sight animals stay very quiet and move gently

4. In Tiger country never walk into a forest. In a car you are perceived as a larger creature. Also the animals become familiar with ranger cars and don't perceive them as threats. Just see the pictures from Fazal's recent trip. You have a wild Tiger on its back relaxing like a house cat would do. It implies it was perfectly at ease in the presence of the cars and people watching. Its become used to this and does not perceive a threat

5. Never carry food in open containers as it may attract unnecessary attention of wild animals. Rangers in parks in the US state that food at camp sites is the single biggest cause for man animal conflict (bear attacks)

6. Don't play music or talk loud in a forest

7. Avoide smoking as a casual cigarette can trigger a devastating fire

Disclaimer: Neither am I a wild life expert nor a forest conservator. I have only repeated what I have heard from people who actually work in these forests. I too don't believe in being foolhardy and taking chances, hence I made an attempt to understand some of these basics.

For your kind info many a foreign tourist has been attacked and killed in Tiger country in India because they get too carried away and compromise the above safety standards. Much of the news doesn't get advertised because it gives the sanctuary a bad name

In summary these are extraordinarily powerful animals that can rip a human apart in no time. They are not cute pets to be made friends with. You MUST maintain a respectful distance from all wild animals and not aggravate them in any way. If you take these basic precautions you really need not fear for your safety as much as you don't need to fear for your life while on a highway observing traffic rules.

If you observe basic forest ettiquete the chances of your getting hurt/attacked are very remote. I know people who have been in the presence of Tigers in many sanctuaries many a time and for decades now. For them its only been an experience of awe, joy and sheer beauty.

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 5th March 2010 at 13:09.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:18   #492
Senior - BHPian

@Deepak, this is an exhaustive list similar to what we have in a PDI list when looking into a car. But a very good information. thanks for sharing
Old 5th March 2010, 13:35   #493
BHPian

Exhaustive list Deepak; we need to ensure we follow the points when we begin our safari.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 5th March 2010 at 13:37.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:56   #494
BHPian

Guys, is there gonna be one more meeting this weekend regarding the trip/ casual meet?
@ Preetam: Awesome equipment there!
@ Deepak: Thankx for that list, but I do not intend on messing with tigers.

OT: In Thailand, I actually had the opportunity of interacting with tigers up close and personal! There is this place called Tiger Temple, or Wat Luang in the western part of Thailand where one can pet tigers, sit next to them for photos and stuff like that. Its a buddhist temple and they care for tigers. They are way to cute! Will ask my sister for those snaps and will upload them in the near future.
Old 5th March 2010, 14:10   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
OT: In Thailand, I actually had the opportunity of interacting with tigers up close and personal! There is this place called Tiger Temple, or Wat Luang in the western part of Thailand where one can pet tigers, sit next to them for photos and stuff like that. Its a buddhist temple and they care for tigers. They are way to cute! Will ask my sister for those snaps and will upload them in the near future.
Now you are ruffling not only some but all the feathers of all the members here. First of all we can only dream of standing/sitting next to a tiger and you have already done that and putting up a snap also. Never-the-less atleast we can enjoy by seeing it and hearing your experience when it was next to you
Closed Thread