Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2010, 00:07   #106
BHPian

We will have to make a mini meet for the collection.
Most probably, it will be held in the holi weekend, people who have some prior commitments please inform. This will be a vital step in the whole process as the guys at resort will probably not talk without the moolah
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:52   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@preetam - LOLS

Regarding driving back via kabini, we'll have to go through the nagarahole road and exit and take the kabini road which is still south. I guess it would be fun to drive back via another road back, distance wise may be it adds additional 40 or so.

When are we having our mini meet to collect advance?
We can come via Kabini, that will be a treat to drive. Lets all meet this Sunday, place anywhere in Bangalore where some 16 car parking will be available..

And Electricity is available in Nagarahole, unless we really have a bad luck, so Preetam&Alter gear-up!!!

And guys any comments on the snaps posted? specially the pug-marks

Last edited by asdon : 22nd February 2010 at 00:58.
Old 22nd February 2010, 02:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

Cool, great going guys, just wanna know(from asdon), how is the road that reaches Jungle Inn? I hope it's doable on a Baleno? I've been to Nagarhole but I stayed near Irupu Falls that time. As of now I'm confirmed unless any very urgent work comes out, keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 22nd February 2010, 08:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Cool, great going guys, just wanna know(from asdon), how is the road that reaches Jungle Inn? I hope it's doable on a Baleno? I've been to Nagarhole but I stayed near Irupu Falls that time. As of now I'm confirmed unless any very urgent work comes out, keeping my fingers crossed.
Yes it is very much doable, and as for confirmation, we need to confirm the headcount by 1st week end of March as they have to arrange for the accomodation, I will keep a small group as tentative who may or may not join on final day, have informed Resort people about this. And I hope you are ok with the rates given in the thread? please keep watching the posts and we will meet sometime this week end, so try to be there we will discuss in detail,

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:36   #110
Senior - BHPian

@ Barcode: I am hoping to buy the Elantra by then. Desperately running around for oneYes. An yes, I Love or should I say L(i)ve to travel

So are we meeting up somewhere this Saturday or Sunday

Last edited by v12 : 22nd February 2010 at 12:01.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:02   #111
BHPian

Hi,
I hope there is place for two more family. Please include me & Bobby (handle: gadadhar) with family.

Thats 4 Adults & 1 kid.

Kindly let me know if there is any issue.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:07   #112
BHPian

We have to ensure that the resort has enough rooms to accomodate the as of now list of folks ! I hope we are looking at 1 double bed room / family, the least !
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:29   #113
BHPian

Guys i think this meet is going to be huge looking at the response it is generating. I hope there are enough rooms. AFAIK there is another resort right next to jungle inn( I am not sure of its name). Maybe somebody else has seen it or remember its name.we can try enquiring there also if we run short of rooms in jungle inn.

Regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 22nd February 2010 at 12:30.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:38   #114
BHPian

Last year in December (2009) for a company outing(which was cancelled later), I spoke to Ms. Smitha of Jungle Inn. As per the information given that time, they have following:
4 std rooms
6 double rooms
6 tented cottages (each can accomodate 4 people)
3 family rooms (5,6,8 bedded )

Other than above, they also have a farm guest house (just 12 kms from jungle inn). I have stayed here for one my team outing (when Resort was full). Here they have:
4 double rooms
2 family rooms (6,4 bedded)

Following was the negotiated rate for Dec 09 for my company outing:
best possible rate we can offer for a group of 100 people (min gurantee) is 1000 per person per night includes
all meals one lunch,one dinner,one breakfast
camp fire
tribal folk dance
all applicable taxes

Hope above information will be useful. Do let me know if I can help anyway in arrangement.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:09   #115
BHPian

The Resort near to Jungle Inn is Kings Sanctuary......It is a good resort but bit costly if you compare it with Jungle Inn.

[Moderator: Can you merge this post with my above post]
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:16   #116
BHPian

wow just saw the tariff plan of kings sanctuary it is way out of our budget.

The kings sanctuary : Touch the jungle at Nagarahole...

Regards
rocky
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:20   #117
BHPian

You can confirm my entry that is
Raj.barcode + wife + kid = elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
  1. Beejay
  2. Asdon & Family
  3. Alter_Ego
  4. Preetam
  5. Deepak & Family
  6. Lalu & Family
  7. Shishir
  8. tintin82
  9. Kaushik_s
  10. raka10 & Family
  11. s3va & Family
  12. manojgautham
  13. rocky080
  14. thedreamcatcher & Family
  15. aqualeo2040
  16. Speedy_racer & Family

• Starter & Family*
  • KRRaj*
  • Siddartha*
  • raj.barcode & Family*
* Tentative

NOTE :
Laluks, I have shifted your name to final list as you have confirmed.
I am not putting forth any kind of excuses, but I will be essentially hopeless if the resort guys come up with some weird ideas of the kind I stated earlier.
I cannot further assure you that we can provide you a treat , but we'll surely try our best, as far as music is concerned.
As for driving back via Kabini, I think asdon will be more apt to answer that.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:42   #118
BHPian

@rocky080
@vinay
@s3va

Guys, don't worry about rooms I take the responsibility, and yes the next one to Jungle Inn is Kings Sanctuary, I have mentioned in previous post and you don't want to compare those rates

And Vinay I spoke with Smitha and the rate she had quoted for you at 100 minimum head count, she will give that to me at 20 minimum head count, actually I have been to that place for stay 3 times and 5-6 times en-route to other places, So cashing on that. We can take 5 beded dormatories for kids and Ladies if the number is high and they can be togather or put 2-3 families in one large room, can work on that. And we really have to meet by this sunday to map the plan.

Any one please suggest a good place to meet up else I propose The Forum Mall, Koramangla 5pm Sunday (28 Feb) for the meeting.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:11   #119
BHPian

where are rk_sans, DD and aqualeo2040? they have been missing from the whole lot of discussions.

inder_s1 + 1 might join in too..
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:20   #120
BHPian

@Deepak

Thank you sirjee. Happy to see that people are missing the unfortunate lots. I am right here...but as Abhi told it would not be a good idea to join with a 5 month old kid. I cant express how helpless i feel looking to the huge response.

Nevertheless i will surely join the mini meet - to see the new faces.

@Asdon & Preetam - Great going...will come back to the stage after some time anyway.
Closed Thread