Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2010, 15:21   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
where are rk_sans, DD and aqualeo2040? they have been missing from the whole lot of discussions.

inder_s1 + 1 might join in too..
aqualeo2040 will join, came to my place on sat, actually team-bhp is blocked from his office network so he is not getting much time to post
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:18   #122
BHPian

Asdon why dont we meet up fellow BHPians who are not sure about this trip but are willing for a mini meet this weekend. Let us fix up a place with them and we can surely have a good time and collect the necessary funds. Please check quick meets section for a quick look.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:23   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Asdon why dont we meet up fellow BHPians who are not sure about this trip but are willing for a mini meet this weekend. Let us fix up a place with them and we can surely have a good time and collect the necessary funds. Please check quick meets section for a quick look.
Sirjee already proposed a meeting place see post no 118
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:30   #124
BHPian

Ok, I have seen
Let us call those guys from the quick meets section to the venue too. Kya pataa, aur do log badh jaye
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:43   #125
BHPian

Default The Plan

Here is what we plan to do -

on 27th by 7:30am Lets all meet at NICE Road-Mysore road junction.
After the photo session we march ahead and take a break at Mandya at 9:30am, for breakfast/tiffin
By 10am we start and after Srirangapatna, we take Hunsur road by-passing Mysore, and reach Hunsur by 11:30am, there is a BPCL station so guys want to top-up can do so, there are 2 ATMs,(SBI & Canara bank), from there we will reach the resort by 12:15pm.
Take rest, fresh-up and go for lunch by 1pm.
After lunch till sun-set the time is ours so we can go to Kabini, which is about 42 km from there and on the bank, can watch birds & other animals till time allows, remember we need to get out of the jungle before 6:30pm, we can come back via same route, or via Kutta which will allow us to see bigger portion of the jungle while comming back. This trip will be of 120km. In the evening after snacks our musicians take over and camp fire will be ready by that time.Get into party mode, not the disco one, but the Junglee one
We have dinner from 9pm.
We can enjoy after dinner but remember we have to get-up and be ready by 5:30am, we will head towards Waynad Forest for guided core jungle safari, which will be for 2-4 hrs depending on viwing of animals.
We come back to the resort & have a heavy breakfast. pack-up, then we can go to Iruppu falls which is about 30 kms.
And again while comming back to bangalore we can take the Kabini route via Waynad forest.
I am not mentioning about photo sessions as they are integral part of the whole journey and the musical treat for which Preetam & Alter will be held accountable.
We should be back in bangalore by 7pm, 28th Feb.

I know it looks too short but the actual one will be king size

Those who have confirmed and thoses who are tentatives please try to meet this Sunday 5pm at Forum Koramangla, we will have many things to discuss and throw as many Qs as possible.

Last edited by asdon : 22nd February 2010 at 16:47.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:04   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Here is what we plan to do -

on 27th by 7:30am Lets all meet at NICE Road-Mysore road junction.
After the photo session we march ahead and take a break at Mandya at 9:30am, for breakfast/tiffin
By 10am we start and after Srirangapatna, we take Hunsur road by-passing Mysore, and reach Hunsur by 11:30am, there is a BPCL station so guys want to top-up can do so, there are 2 ATMs,(SBI & Canara bank), from there we will reach the resort by 12:15pm.
Take rest, fresh-up and go for lunch by 1pm.
After lunch till sun-set the time is ours so we can go to Kabini, which is about 42 km from there and on the bank, can watch birds & other animals till time allows, remember we need to get out of the jungle before 6:30pm, we can come back via same route, or via Kutta which will allow us to see bigger portion of the jungle while comming back. This trip will be of 120km. In the evening after snacks our musicians take over and camp fire will be ready by that time.Get into party mode, not the disco one, but the Junglee one
We have dinner from 9pm.
We can enjoy after dinner but remember we have to get-up and be ready by 5:30am, we will head towards Waynad Forest for guided core jungle safari, which will be for 2-4 hrs depending on viwing of animals.
We come back to the resort & have a heavy breakfast. pack-up, then we can go to Iruppu falls which is about 30 kms.
And again while comming back to bangalore we can take the Kabini route via Waynad forest.
I am not mentioning about photo sessions as they are integral part of the whole journey and the musical treat for which Preetam & Alter will be held accountable.
We should be back in bangalore by 7pm, 28th Feb.

I know it looks too short but the actual one will be king size

Those who have confirmed and thoses who are tentatives please try to meet this Sunday 5pm at Forum Koramangla, we will have many things to discuss and throw as many Qs as possible.
Asdon, You confused me for a moment. I'm kikcing myself for not seeing this thread earlier. Would like to come as well. Tentative as of now but will confirm in a few days (within Feb)

By the way as suggestion just wanted to check, why dont people pool in and go in cars which have low occupancy? its a bit for the environment as well. this is just a suggestion, so please dont fire me guys! might just reduce the convoy size from 16 to 12 (Example)

I shall catch up with you guys in Forum (of which ever location) this weekend to confirm the details. My first trip and yes, my first trip with team -BHp. lloking forward to it :0
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:53   #127
BHPian

hey asdon last month when i had gone to nagarhole, tiger senses was going on, the time to enter through any entry is 6 and not 6.30. but i didn't notice any timelimit on exiting. Me and my friends had taken a detour after the elephant training center towards gonikoppa road when coming from kutta side.So we ended up coming out of the forest close to 7.20-7.30 on hunsur side. But none of the guards complained that we were late.

Regards
rocky
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:02   #128
BHPian

Quote:
@rocky080
@vinay
@s3va

Guys, don't worry about rooms I take the responsibility, and yes the next one to Jungle Inn is Kings Sanctuary, I have mentioned in previous post and you don't want to compare those rates

And Vinay I spoke with Smitha and the rate she had quoted for you at 100 minimum head count, she will give that to me at 20 minimum head count, actually I have been to that place for stay 3 times and 5-6 times en-route to other places, So cashing on that. We can take 5 beded dormatories for kids and Ladies if the number is high and they can be togather or put 2-3 families in one large room, can work on that. And we really have to meet by this sunday to map the plan.

Any one please suggest a good place to meet up else I propose The Forum Mall, Koramangla 5pm Sunday (28 Feb) for the meeting.
Hey Asdon,
Thanks for the update and also your effort to arrange the meet (both mini as well as major).
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:11   #129
BHPian

Guys..One sincere request.

Please take snaps of the road conditions of all the routes you are taking, especially the Kutta region. This will help the future visitors.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:42   #130
BHPian

Quote:

Can we change the venue for the mini-meet to some place more open, like NGV or something on similar lines ?

Roads in front of Forum,Koramangala will be choked on sunday evenings and there is not point in taking another bunch of cars/SUVs there to add to the bottleneck.Not to mention the underground parking as well as the sunshine parking lot is always full
Just my opinion.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:12   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Can we change the venue for the mini-meet to some place more open, like NGV or something on similar lines ?

Roads in front of Forum,Koramangala will be choked on sunday evenings and there is not point in taking another bunch of cars/SUVs there to add to the bottleneck.Not to mention the underground parking as well as the sunshine parking lot is always full
Just my opinion.
Any place will do, I mentioned forum because of the parking issue, decide and post the place details
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:07   #132
BHPian

hey guys why not meet at dominos pizza/cafe coffee day near agra circle on the outer ring road which goes towards sarjapur/marathahalli from silk board junction. There is lots of parking place on the service road.

Regards
rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 22nd February 2010 at 20:09.
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:43   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
hey guys why not meet at dominos pizza/cafe coffee day near agra circle on the outer ring road which goes towards sarjapur/marathahalli from silk board junction. There is lots of parking place on the service road.

Regards
rocky
Brilliant idea rocky.
Yeah seems a good option.

Wat say asdon??
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:05   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
It was like this a few months back. 8Kms like this.
Attachment 287952
A Small info, if not available in the thread already..

I had been to Bandipur last month, the road above is completed, and no more like you can see it above.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:08   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post

Regards
rocky
Agreed.
It's been a while since I had some pizzas
Closed Thread