Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: What date is preferable for a Meet in Mangalore? You can pick more than one choice.
21st Feb 2010 6 100.00%
28th Feb 2010 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2010, 15:16   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbhan View Post
Btw who is this "mysterious hermit"? Can anyone enlighten me?
That would be me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Isn't Shantanu from Udupi? or is it Hubli? I am sure you guys will have a ball of a time. Have fun
Shan2nu is from Hubli, not Udupi.

I suggest let's make it a evening meeting, say 4.30 or 5PM at the beach. We coastal guys are sensible enough to avoid afternoon sun. The only decent restaurant around there is in Padubidri, that is if you discount Bittu's dhaba. Hmm, we might as well bring snacks so that we can all eat at the beach.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That would be me.
Kewl. Looking forward to meeting you on the 28th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I suggest let's make it a evening meeting, say 4.30 or 5PM at the beach. We coastal guys are sensible enough to avoid afternoon sun. The only decent restaurant around there is in Padubidri, that is if you discount Bittu's dhaba. Hmm, we might as well bring snacks so that we can all eat at the beach.
Which beach are we talking about? Hejamadi/ Padubidri/ Kaup? Never been to the first two.
Pallavi - assuming that is the one you are referring to - was quite popular for its chicken delicacies during my engineering days at Nitte .
Old 18th February 2010, 18:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

ahhh i guess i cant make it on "28":(
Old 18th February 2010, 20:17   #49
BHPian

Guys,

Definitely I couldn't make it......have a great meet.

We will have one more meet in April.

All the best
Old 18th February 2010, 20:30   #50
BHPian

One more Mangalorean here.... Good to see many Mangalorean in this thread. Really a wonderful idea of having a dedicated Mangalore - Udupi thread.

About me, I am currently working in Bangalore prior to that I was in my sweet Mangalore. Miss it always. But keep landing in Mangalore every month.

How about making this thread more than just a chapter to meet and we can share information which would help many at Team BHP.

Like tourist places, Hotels, Restaurants, review, Routes, Distances, in Mangalore - Udupi belt, etc

And must not miss the various automobiles like new buses, vehicle launches, etc seen in Mangalore - Udupi sector
Old 18th February 2010, 21:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hi Carfreak, The meet should be in the first week of march since most are pointing to that.. But i noticed you have a RD. LT? Where is it? Mlore or udupi?
Hi james, its the HT but the sad part is its currently with my cousin in kerala!!he is maintaining it as i didnt want to get it to manipal.hopefully will get it sometime soon!!

Guys i wont be able to make it on 28th.i have voted for march 7th.i will be out of station till feb 22nd.if i have access to the net i will definitely catch up but if not then i can view the thread only on 22nd

btw i am currently working in mangalore but will be soon shifting to manipal so i can be called a manipal bhp-ian!!
Old 18th February 2010, 21:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Guys,

Definitely I couldn't make it......have a great meet.

We will have one more meet in April.

All the best
Anything for the first week of April - 2nd to 10th and I can attend.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:38   #53
BHPian

hey guys if its ok with samurai cause hes the only person who has to drive down from manipal we could have the meet in mangalore at my beach house
instead of a public beach at padubidri
if we have the meet on sunday noon i could arrange for the refreshments for all and samurai can drive back in the evening

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th February 2010 at 10:22. Reason: Please avoid, drinks, alcohol etc in TBHP, its strictly against our policy. Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 00:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
hey guys if its ok with samurai cause hes the only person who has to drive down from manipal we could have the meet in mangalore at my beach house
if we have the meet on sunday noon i could arrange for the refreshments for all and samurai can drive back in the evening
hoo hoo!!! Fantastic idea there doc... Mind blowin!!! Hope samurai agrees

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th February 2010 at 10:22. Reason: Editing drinks out. Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 07:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi james, its the HT but the sad part is its currently with my cousin in kerala!!he is maintaining it as i didnt want to get it to manipal.hopefully will get it sometime soon!!
Hope to see it sometime! Last time i heard there was a KLW(i think) reg RD in manipal for sale. I went to check it out but the owner backed out before we could meet. Let me know if you need help fixing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Anything for the first week of April - 2nd to 10th and I can attend.
We'll have anotehr meet in april when you, Carfreak, Lohith and Girish saab are in town!

Quote:
This sounds like a great idea, Anand! Where is the beach house?

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th February 2010 at 10:23. Reason: Editing drinks out. Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 09:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

wah this is getting more and more interesting.....tbhp meet at beach house cant ask for more
Old 19th February 2010, 10:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hope to see it sometime! Last time i heard there was a KLW(i think) reg RD in manipal for sale.
There is one near udupi.. It belonged to a student. I saw it a year back. Its dumped beneath the staircase of an old apartment for years.. Its not been started for a year! Its been designed to look like a cafe racer.. I don't know if it would be still there? The owner is in libiya..Wanna go to udupi sometime and have a look at it? Perhaps we can get this bike and work on it together?
Old 19th February 2010, 10:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Its dumped beneath the staircase of an old apartment for years..
Heard of one in Karkala as well. Apparently the owner is in UAE and is unwilling to sell it, though it has been gathering dust and rust for the past decade or so. His ultimate plan is to either restore it or cannibalize it for a motorized glider

@Manjith and Prem, just out of interest, do you work at "the most happening place" in Mangalore?
Old 19th February 2010, 11:10   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbhan View Post
Heard of one in Karkala as well. Apparently the owner is in UAE and is unwilling to sell it, though it has been gathering dust and rust for the past decade or so. His ultimate plan is to either restore it or cannibalize it for a motorized glider

@Manjith and Prem, just out of interest, do you work at "the most happening place" in Mangalore?
Do you have the address? Me and james can go and have a look at it this sunday.. if it is ok with you james? Do you have the address of this place? can you please PM me.

I don't know why people, do not understand the value of such magnificent motorcycles.. That they start abusing it...

no sudhir.. i don't work at the most happening place of Mlore

Last edited by Samurai : 19th February 2010 at 12:38. Reason: requested
Old 19th February 2010, 11:39   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A beach house? Hmm, that's interesting. I'll just assume it is another wedding in Mangalore that I cannot avoid. Ok, we are on then.

Please keep track of the expenses, it shall be divided equally among all the participants. Let's try to keep the budget below 500 per head so that nobody is inconvenienced.

BTW, which is this most happening place in Mangalore?
Closed Thread