Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: What date is preferable for a Meet in Mangalore? You can pick more than one choice.
21st Feb 2010 6 100.00%
28th Feb 2010 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22nd February 2010, 10:09   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbhan View Post
He he he. After hearing about shady characters from the other side of the border crossing the river in the dead of the night, I doubt if there would have been a need for you to return with a 407.
Damn, I completely missed that part. I didn't take a single photograph of the point or even looked where the river joins the sea, thanks to the accidental offroading.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

Indeed a nice meet!

Thanks James for initiating it and making the arrangements!

Anand, the beach house added a lot of charm(to the meet) and yes ofcourse we wouldnt have had the "adventure" if we had met else where... thanks and appreciate it

Sudhir, thanks for those lovely pics!

This was the first "TBHP" meet which i have been for and it was a good start for sure..

Great company, lovely ambiance and tasty food made this event a successful one! and not to forget "yamainac's" adventure with his jeep(2w)

We, that is Anand ,Sudhir and myself predicted the adventure hehehe

On beach "people power" as put by Anand does matter!
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:58   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbhan View Post
We have to thank horsepower (GV + MM540) coupled with manpower (TBPians + good samaritans who were the turbo boost )
Still we were very lucky that we escaped so fast. In the previous occasion I had more than 10 people and a Gypsy to pull me out. Yet it didn't move an inch.

Check this story: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...goes-sour.html

Another where I was in a group of expert offroaders: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...tml#post948212
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:05   #109
BHPian

Good writeup and pics, Sudhir and Samurai! We need to do this more often! We would all be slim and trim by the end of the year!
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:46   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Still we were very lucky that we escaped so fast. In the previous occasion I had more than 10 people and a Gypsy to pull me out. Yet it didn't move an inch.

Another where I was in a group of expert offroaders: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...tml#post948212

woah! so the GV has been to several intentional off roading Interesting post there samurai!!

Considering the look of the GV the vehicle looks very light, and it goes well with the saying "Dont judge a book by its cover". even though 5 of us were pushing it yesterday, It did not budge an inch!

Next meet would be in manipal/udupi? probably in your very own off roading track!

Last edited by yamaniac : 22nd February 2010 at 13:47.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Looks like you guys had a rocking time! Nice story and pictures. Finally faces to some more BHPians. Yamaniac, I think you flew too low this time (I don't drive fast... I simply fly low!).

-Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 22nd February 2010 at 13:47.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
yamaniac, you need to get a real tow rope soon if you are to venture into any more beaches.
any idea where to purchase one? I would be also getting The D shackles fabricated as well. SO I might as well buy a towing rope..

Next on the agenda... is getting the 2wd to be a 4wd
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:17   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
And dont forget the big powerful winch! Courtesy sister dearest in australia!
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Also buy a tractor and the winch can be fitted to that,so whenever the jeep gets stuck it can be pulled out
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:40   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
any idea where to purchase one? I would be also getting The D shackles fabricated as well. SO I might as well buy a towing rope..
We have info on that: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...4x4-india.html (Places to buy stuff for Off-Roading/4x4 in India)

Here is the dumbest offroading adventure I ever did. Since I got out of it easily, I didn't realise the danger until after few more events with experts. Never underestimate, never go alone. My GV was 3 days old when I did this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...nd-vitara.html
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:40   #116
BHPian

Quote:

WOW! That's quite an adventure that GV has gone thru. Indeed luck too played a major part in getting out of the mess yesterday. Else the night would be spent under the stars, with a bonfire of coconut leaves.

Quote:
We would all be slim and trim by the end of the year!
Yeah of course, on a similar note why don't we start an academy of offroading with 2WD?
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:48   #117
BHPian

looks like i have missed a great meet.
Looking forward for the next one

: I met Hyd Bhipans on Sat and it was a great fun
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:02   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Don't worry, I will get you one soon.
Do not use D shackles, the rope I am getting is already have loop at both ends.

Never ever use D shackles, if by chance the rope is broken, the shackle will fly and it may cause injury to people along with breaking the wind shield.

Easy way to get out of sand is reduce the Tyre pressure and you are out, but you should have one air compressor to inflate again. Lots of foot pumps available as well as 12V pumps.

At home I already got tow rope, air compressor etc, so next time we will go real sanding.......

cheers
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:08   #119
BHPian

Quote:
My family is fed up of me n my jeep! When ever I say "Its a JEEP thing" all say in chorus "We understand". I hope I get a winch for my passion at least, from aussie.. sis you listening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Also buy a tractor and the winch can be fitted to that,so whenever the jeep gets stuck it can be pulled out
lol! better off I get a winch and convert the jeep to a 4wd drive!! will save money for the tractor laters!!!

Quote:
We have info on that: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...4x4-india.html (Places to buy stuff for Off-Roading/4x4 in India)

Here is the dumbest offroading adventure I ever did. Since I got out of it easily, I didn't realise the danger until after few more events with experts. Never underestimate, never go alone. My GV was 3 days old when I did this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...nd-vitara.html
3 days old? That takes a lot of guts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
looks like i have missed a great meet.
Looking forward for the next one

: I met Hyd Bhipans on Sat and it was a great fun
Sure, We all are looking forward to it..We just found out that adding a lil off road adventure to the BHP meets is like adding a thadka for some extra fun, manpower utility and the team bhp spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Don't worry, I will get you one soon.
Do not use D shackles, the rope I am getting is already have loop at both ends.

Never ever use D shackles, if by chance the rope is broken, the shackle will fly and it may cause injury to people along with breaking the wind shield.

Easy way to get out of sand is reduce the Tyre pressure and you are out, but you should have one air compressor to inflate again. Lots of foot pumps available as well as 12V pumps.

At home I already got tow rope, air compressor etc, so next time we will go real sanding.......

cheers
That would be super Girish! I will pay you for the tow rope!

OMG!! a flying D shackle? sounds scary enough! The gauge of that flying "D" is enough to crack open a skull! This sure has made me skeptical about getting one done for myself..

Yes, some one mentioned of reducing the tyre pressures yesterday... But somehow we thght of giving it a last try! if not we would have tried it. Anand said he had a air pump and we could inflate the tires later! but the jeep came out just in time!! and I didn't have to sleep in the jeep for the rest of the night...

Last edited by yamaniac : 22nd February 2010 at 16:17.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:26   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, some one mentioned of reducing the tyre pressures yesterday... But somehow we thght of giving it a last try! if not we would have tried it. Anand said he had a air pump and we could inflate the tires later! but the jeep came out just in time!! and I didn't have to sleep in the jeep for the rest of the night...
Even I had an inflator with me, we did discuss it, but for me it was too late. When the chassis is sitting on the ground, deflating the tyres is pointless. In case of the Jeep, the very first attempt of pushing worked.

Quote:
That is why I prefer to cables with high load rating, not ropes.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd February 2010 at 16:28.
Closed Thread