Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2010, 08:29   #241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
After a lot of cajoling, coaxing and threatening by the pillars of Hyd TBHP, I have decided for the sake of my friends to let my wife go alone to the reception and I'll attend the meet albeit for a short time.

Now where are the other regulars.
Guys, didnt i predict this will happen?. Nonetheless, we are never unhappy that MC is joining us.....Welcome onboard...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Hey guys, seems like the meet would be a lot of fun. I've just managed to get my Nano over from Noida, lets see if I can make it!
Assume your now in Hyderabad. Join up if you can !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Avi i guess we need to re-name the thread to TBHP Ebony Meet
Prem, LOL....This quarter we dedicated our meets to Ebony...Dint we?

This is not new to us. In the past, we did same to Fortune Katriya, Katriye De Royal, Hampshire Plaza. We bounce back till such outstanding offers exist. After that we severe our ties with them completely

April 10th Dinner Meet Confirmations :-

Venue : Hotel Ebony
1. Mobike008 + 1 ( Mitesh)
2. Rajesh Rawal + 1
3. Hillram
4. Getsurya
5. Srimath
6. Nag
7. KKRK2 ( As usual he is tentative but will come for SURE)
8. Milecruncher
9. Monaro ( Tentative)

What happened to Nazim,Suren and Ravvs? They are saying "mum" is the word????

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th April 2010 at 08:31.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:41   #242
BHPian

Guys why dont u ditch this dinner winner meet weet stuff and do a drive ! I have an interesting option .

Come to Korba via road !! - your cars would be the flashiest that Chattisgarh has seen and all the fairer ones would be floored .

But to experience this, you would have to drive through Dantewada and shock the naxals trying to gun you down. Their training would most probably be for vehicles moving at 40kmph , so I can imagine you'll would escape that as well if everyone keeps up to Avi's speeds ( DONT let Suren and MC use the Bobby and Uno , lol ).

Once these adventurers are criss crossed , I'll be waiting at the end with a freshly mined coal fired barbeque :-) .

PS : For that matter, if Stanher joins in, you would have to tie his SS80 to MC's Bolero , else i dont see him making it across Dantewada , lol .
Old 10th April 2010, 10:37   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Guys why dont u ditch this dinner winner meet weet stuff and do a drive ! I have an interesting option .

Come to Korba via road !! - your cars would be the flashiest that Chattisgarh has seen and all the fairer ones would be floored .

But to experience this, you would have to drive through Dantewada and shock the naxals trying to gun you down. Their training would most probably be for vehicles moving at 40kmph , so I can imagine you'll would escape that as well if everyone keeps up to Avi's speeds ( DONT let Suren and MC use the Bobby and Uno , lol ).

Once these adventurers are criss crossed , I'll be waiting at the end with a freshly mined coal fired barbeque :-) .

PS : For that matter, if Stanher joins in, you would have to tie his SS80 to MC's Bolero , else i dont see him making it across Dantewada , lol .
Thats an awesome option Arun. So when DO we do it? And as suggested by you, I'll use the Bolero & carry towing rope for towing stuck vehicles. Actually if Stanher joins in we will get Naxal Protection as theyw ill presume him to be a Naxal leader of the 70's from Hyderabad

OT: . This is a good hilarious post after a long time. Reminds me of the old Monica Belucci, 25 humps in 5 kms & Pandey Ki Rasoi posts. Arun you should write more often. Now where is Hyderabadi Biryani & Irani Chai LOL

Last edited by MileCruncher : 10th April 2010 at 10:40.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:18   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post

Arun, that was one rib-tickling post. I wont be surprised if i read in the press that your running for your life as Suren, Stanher and Milecruncher are chasing you with sickles

Quote:
Actually if Stanher joins in we will get Naxal Protection as theyw ill presume him to be a Naxal leader of the 70's from Hyderabad
Now, this has turned into a tricky equation.

MC chasing Arun with a sickle and MC in turn being chased by Stanher with Ak-57.

Boy ! i am now not even sure who is going to come out alive out of this altercation

Following folks turned up last night :-

Ravvs+1
Rajesh Rawal + 1
Mobike008
Milecruncher
Hillram
Srimath
Monaro

Snacks are slowly but steadily becoming completely unrelishable.

Main course was quite nice

Dessert counter stole the show. Everyone making a beeline for the "Mango Mousse"....which was simply irresistable.

It was decided during this meet that our next drive meet which is proposed for April 18th will be to "Narsapur Forest" which is approximately 100kms or thereabouts from Hyderabad. Folks, who are interested, do block your calendar

What stood out in terms of uniqueness was Monaro showing up in his yellow "Nano" and this got to be the first Nano in Hyd Tbhp. Hillram and MC couldnt resist and took turns in taking it out for a spin. So what you guys think of it???

Apart from the Nano, there was another highlight which cannot be described here as it was too mouth-watering and ensured all our gazes were transfixed. And, some of us have decided to go back there on saturdays and check out more details on same and see if we can get lucky. If i may offer you all a riddle..........LOL

After saying goodbyes, it was a mad rush between the Viva, Palio and Bolero. And, i was surprised to see our good friend Mr.Milecruncher driving like a man possessed. MC, you took quite a few overtakes from the left and one that i gathered was quite riskly. Be Careful Dude !

Overall, it was a fun filled evening. Lets start the confirmation game for April 18th drive meet asap.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:27   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
After saying goodbyes, it was a mad rush between the Viva, Palio and Bolero. And, i was surprised to see our good friend Mr.Milecruncher driving like a man possessed. MC, you took quite a few overtakes from the left and one that i gathered was quite riskly. Be Careful Dude !

Overall, it was a fun filled evening. Lets start the confirmation game for April 18th drive meet asap.
After 8pm left is right and right is left for MileC
Old 12th April 2010, 11:07   #246
BHPian

Quote:

there was another highlight which cannot be described here as it was too mouth-watering and ensured all our gazes were transfixed. And, some of us have decided to go back there on saturdays.
hehehe you bet man,ebony seems to be true vfm no doubt

btw ,what about our iipa meet which we spoke about ( madhuban)
Old 12th April 2010, 11:49   #247
Team-BHP Support

Time for confirmations for next drive meet :-

When : April 18th
Where : Narsapur Forest, Medak District
Distance : Roughly 50kms from Hyderabad

Confirmed Names :-
1.Mobike008+1
2. Rajesh Rawal
3. Hillram + 1
4. Brajesh
5. Ravveendra + 1
6. Milecruncher + 1

Lets do a short trek in the forest as well on Sunday, it will be fun !

Anyone else game for this drive-cum-trek-cum-lunch meet. Add your names to above confirmed list.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:59   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
btw ,what about our iipa meet which we spoke about ( madhuban)
I think we should have that after the drive meet. Action needs to be spaced out so that people don't lose interest

When : April 18th
Where : Narsapur Forest, Medak District
Distance : Roughly 50kms from Hyderabad

Confirmed Names :-
1.Mobike008+1
2. Rajesh Rawal
3. Hillram + 1
4. Brajesh
5. Ravveendra + 1
6. Milecruncher (+ 1 Tentative)

I'm all game for trek in the forest. I'll extend the invite to my trekking buddies as well

Last edited by MileCruncher : 12th April 2010 at 12:01.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:11   #249
BHPian

Quote:
pandey all well with you today...you are talking like jules from pulp fiction now who all of a sudden has a new introspection towards life.hehehe.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:41   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
pandey all well with you today...you are talking like jules from pulp fiction now who all of a sudden has a new introspection towards life.hehehe.
Like Jules, i too experienced a divine intervention.

God came down from heaven and told me, your leading too much of a soft life and told me to heave my backside and get down to some hard work, once in a while
Old 12th April 2010, 13:35   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anyone else game for this drive-cum-trek-cum-lunch meet. Add your names to above confirmed list.
Avi bhai are you sure you wanted to do this?? It will be pretty hot. The GHAC guys do it in the early hours or in the evening!! But we hyd bhpians feel 10:00 AM as early in the morning!!! Are you sure you can bear the heat??
Old 12th April 2010, 13:56   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Avi bhai are you sure you wanted to do this?? It will be pretty hot. The GHAC guys do it in the early hours or in the evening!! But we hyd bhpians feel 10:00 AM as early in the morning!!! Are you sure you can bear the heat??
Raj I saw you in the GHAC member list but how come you are not there for the Treks. Its good fun if you can make yourself get up at 5am on Sunday
Old 12th April 2010, 14:01   #253
BHPian

5am sunday to trek ? looks like i am in the wrong thread
Old 12th April 2010, 14:05   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj I saw you in the GHAC member list but how come you are not there for the Treks. Its good fun if you can make yourself get up at 5am on Sunday
I wanted to come this time, but I was working this Sunday!! After a good trek I would like to sleep / take rest, not go to work!!

I may be working next Sunday as well, so I am Tentative for the meet .

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 12th April 2010 at 14:06.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:31   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5am sunday to trek ? looks like i am in the wrong thread
I reached home from Ebony at 1 AM and again had to wake up at 4.40 am to go for the trek. But it was worth the effort. I think you guys should also join once.
Closed Thread