Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When do we have the Mumbai Mega Meet?
19th June 2010 20 48.78%
26th June 2010 9 21.95%
3rd July 2010 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th July 2010, 01:01   #211
BHPian

[quote=Wild Phoenix;1976624]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Ravi bhai is'nt B.N. off Linking road (opp KFC) and not Pali Hill.

I guess I'll be the only one on 2 wheels.
hardly matters dude.see you guys tomorrow.i am ready with my baleno.
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 03:18   #212
Senior - BHPian

Guys sorry for being the Chairman of Kalti.com this time. I am currently in Lonavala oweing to a spontanous meet at a friends place in bombay last night and drive down to lonavala and wont be able to make it. Sorry for this and i was really looking forward to meeting the gang again.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 11:50   #213
Senior - BHPian

The eagle has landed. Sleepy and tired but would make it for the lunch. See you guys there.
Old 11th July 2010, 18:26   #214
Senior - BHPian

Default Report..

Just got back guys. Had a lovely meet, thanks to all those who attended. Great food, friends, and conversation - let's look forward to many more meets !!

Reached BN at 12.15 sharp, and booked a table. Was immediately joined by Dippy, gomzi, Sprucegoose, and Iqbal Veerji. The others (14 of us in all) joined soon enough, and we dug into some fantastic barbequed starters.

Post starters and a superb buffet lunch, we attacked the desserts with glee. . Conversation flowed, the topics chiefly being cars, and more cars.

A quick drive down Carter road, a photo shoot, and more car chats.. Amazing how the topic of the Automobile binds together guys who were complete strangers till two hours ago, recognizable only through posts and handles - Cheers to that !

Here are some pics:
Pic 1: (L-R) theragingbull, issigonis, Sprucegoose, SuperSelect, Wild Phoenix, speedy, procircuit_234, Iqbal Veerji, Dippy, gomzi, Xehaust, akshay1234.

Pic 2: (L-R) Iqbal Veerji, Dippy, gomzi, Xehaust, theragingbull, issigonis, Sprucegoose, SuperSelect, Wild Phoenix, speedy, procircuit_234.

More to follow..
Attached Thumbnails
Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-003-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-004-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 11th July 2010 at 18:28.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 19:18   #215
Senior - BHPian

Default More pictures..

Here's my next lot of pictures..
Meanwhile, it was nice meeting all you guys, the "faces behind the handles" !!
Issigonis, your passion for fine automobiles is indeed enriching. Iqbal Veerji sir, great to meet a man with years of experience ! Dippy - nice you made it, the lone "mod" among us. Speedy, really super of you to make it inspite of a sleepless night - you drove straight from Lonavala buddy ! Akshay1234 - good you could join us, inspite of family commitments..

Here are more pics:

Pic 1: issigonis (extreme right) makes a point, while (Left to Right) akshay1234, speedy, and Akki_5 look on.

Pic. 2: (L-R) flyingspur, gomzi, Dippy, Xehaust, procircuit_234.

Pic 3: (L-R) procircuit_234, Wild Phoenix, theragingbull.

Pic 4: (L-R) friend of Akki_5, speedy, Akki_5, issigonis, SuperSelect.
Attached Thumbnails
Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-014-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-015-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-016-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-017-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-006-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-008-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-011-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-010-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-012-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-tbhp-mumbai-meet-013-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 11th July 2010, 20:49   #216
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics!! It was indeed a very enjoyable first meet for me. Looking forward to many more such meets
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 22:11   #217
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Smashing. I made it to the thane lunch meet. But this one I couldn't as my monsoon calendar is full. Hence shied away from this thread for long.
Hope to catch most of you guys (preferably all) in the Mumbai Pune megameet next saturday!
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 22:22   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry guys, our offroad session got delayed and we could not make it. Nice turn out you guys had!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 23:50   #219
BHPian

Was thinking of posting, but my body just isnt upto typing the entire thing out. Have begun, but cant complete it. Retiring for the day as of now & the entire post should hopefully be up by tomorrow morning.

P.S. - Nice pics SuperSelect

Last edited by Xehaust : 12th July 2010 at 00:04.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 12:15   #220
BHPian

Great time, great post & pics.

Let's meet regularly. As a first step, let us co-ordinate our Lonavla visit for the mega meet this weekend.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 12:33   #221
Senior - BHPian

Its was great meeting everyone and had a blast, totally worth the sleepless night. Went home an filled in on the missing sleep.

Ravi bhai great pictures and thank you for organising and co-ordinating the meet.

Issigonis could not agree with you more, lets try and make this a monthly meet so that more of us members could join in. It would be great having like minded people around and not to forget some good food to go with it.

Like i suggested Issigonis instead of having two different meeting points for south Bombay members and North Bombay members a common spot say the road after the flyover and Just before the Chembur signal circle would be a great meeting point for both sides. It would save everyone the trouble of waiting at two points for members to arrive.

Last edited by speedy : 12th July 2010 at 12:35.
Old 12th July 2010, 13:10   #222
BHPian

speedy,

Monthly meets are fine with me - talking with and listening to all of you is a great experience for me.

Re. Chembur round about as a meeting point for the Lonavla megameet, I'm fine with it. I guess we should post this in the Lonavla megameet post - would you like to do it?

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 12th July 2010 at 13:17.
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 14:41   #223
BHPian

Was an enjoyable first meet. Exactly as i had put it in an earlier post before the meet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
This will be my 1st BHP meet so im really looking forward to it.
Good cars & good company, add good food to the equation & its a sunday extremely well spent. What say
Heres my take on it (albeit in a haphazard manner)-
A complete assortment of cars along with a lovely silver & black Bike.
As can be seen in the pictures, from a Maruti 800 to a Mercedes E Class & literally every segment in between!

As for Barbeque Nation, really good food (Id say hog the starters as you would the main course & eat the main course as you would the starters, after which, just like Sprucegoose did it, go for 2 helpings of dessert).

Carters was random discussions (Cars, cars & more cars) rather than checking out each other's rides. The weather was contrary to what we all were expecting & was pretty hot & humid. Finally, a hint of rain caused us all to end the meet early & disperse.

Heres a surprise for SuperSelect who did all the clicking. Guess what, you got clicked as well...
Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-superselect1.jpg
Doing all the clicking while passersby wonder whats going on.
Another interesting thing was that of the two lanes on carters (apart from one for parking), we were all standing & discussing in one of them next to the parked cars, oblivious that its the middle of the road and turning Carters to a one lane!

Coming to the BHPians, from an age point of view, we were as varied as the cars themselves. Different personalities too. Further, this was the first BHP meet for the majority of those who attended. All this made the meet even more interesting.

The humorous part was when people started turning up. Since it was a first meet & nobody really knew anyone, as soon as someone would enter, the people already present would turn their necks (even when in converstaion) to check if it was a Bhpian. In turn, the ones that entered & actually were bhpians, would gaze back with a blank expression & ask "BHP?" and everyone would be all grins & smiles.
At one point we were contemplating sticking stickers on our heads just like those on the cars in order to be recognized
@SuperSelect - you should have captured every newcomer's expressions, it would have been classic!

Ill end this post along with a picture of SuperSelect returning to the group after all the hard work of fitting all the cars & trying all angles to get good pics. The effort he took shows in his pictures & also in this one
Time for a Mumbai mega meet: 11th July 2010 - Pics on pg 15-superselect2.jpg

P.S. - A big Thank You to SuperSelect for organizing, co-ordinating & capturing the meet & making it all possible.
@issigonis & speedy - Monthly meets would be great. Im all for it.
Finally, am looking forward to making it for the Lonavla meet now & having a nice drive to & fro as well.

Last edited by Xehaust : 13th July 2010 at 14:59.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 16:00   #224
Senior - BHPian

Heyyyyy Xehaust !
Thanks for the surprise pics man.. and huge thanks for the compliments, I really mean it !
Lovely report, well written, captures the essence of what our meet was all about ! Looking forward to more and bigger meets, soon.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:29   #225

Smile

@Xehaust

No one could've compiled a better set of words to capture our experiece in words. Bravo!
And thanks for especially mentioned my bike in such an awesome manner.. "beautiful black & silver bike".

Not only that it was my first time, but was possibly the youngest bhpian, membership wise. It was great meeting everyone.

@Superselect Thank you for coordinating the meet and for those
Wild Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote