Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2010, 11:38   #496
Senior - BHPian

Indeed it was nice Breakfast meet at Ofen.Bajaj Sahab,thanks for the treat.
Waffles and Honey were simply irresistable.Spanish Omelette was a let down at nowhere met the expectations !!!
Old 19th June 2010, 12:01   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Indeed it was nice Breakfast meet at Ofen.Bajaj Sahab,thanks for the treat.
Waffles and Honey were simply irresistable.Spanish Omelette was a let down at nowhere met the expectations !!!
Nice to see that the two of you made it to the meet and had a great time.

Ofen was excellent for their conti stuff. They had a great menu with wide choice and food was excellent. Then they went the desi way, removed all the meat from the menu and limited themselves to the chikaan sausages, chickaan ham, chickaan bacon, grilled chickaan, roast chickaan etc. Bottomline - food went from great to terrible. I used to be a regular there till they lept off the cliff and became a desi eatery.

Their bakery products however remain very good.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:26   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
This was a genuine Hyderabad TBHP meet as opposed to 2 people bumping into each other at a paan-dabba and calling it a TBHP meet (RR - that was one hell of a good observation and comment from you).
Bajaj Saab, if i recall correctly. I posted that when me and Nikhil met up outside my office in Gachibowli.

However, when i posted that it was an impromptu meet it was accompanied with a few emoticons which means i was kidding away to hell.

Looks like those emoticons were either not noticed or ignored
Old 20th June 2010, 11:14   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Bajaj Saab, if i recall correctly. I posted that when me and Nikhil met up outside my office in Gachibowli.

However, when i posted that it was an impromptu meet it was accompanied with a few emoticons which means i was kidding away to hell.

Looks like those emoticons were either not noticed or ignored
+1 on that. Mr. Bajaj, it's individuals perception how things are looked at

Bajaj Saab, There are many impromptu meets that take place at super markets and other places not only in hyderabad but also in bangalore or mumbai and etc

I believe there are many impromptu meets that take place at Spar or other places in hyderabad too.

I am more than happy that you guys had a genuine meet. Hope i too get to attend a meet of that sort in future.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:35   #500
Senior - BHPian

Default Ot

I'm posting this here as its frequented by almost all Hydeez.

I'm driving down to Pune this Thursday evening and would like to know what are the good eating joints ( preferably Dhaba's ) around Zaheerabad and Solapur. Place where I can park and take a 15 Minute power nap.

I also have place for 1 person if anyone wants to come along to Pune.

Intend to drive through the night to reach Pune by 6 AM.

If interested, you know how to reach me
Old 21st June 2010, 19:49   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

I'm driving down to Pune this Thursday evening and would like to know what are the good eating joints ( preferably Dhaba's ) around Zaheerabad and Solapur. Place where I can park and take a 15 Minute power nap.

One place we stopped on way to goa... "Noor dhaba"
(on the left hand side, just after zaheerabad i guess, before diversion to humnabad town, not 100% sure)

it had ok toilets, nice poori bhaji etc

also good space for parking etc

but i doubt it would be up to your liking
Old 21st June 2010, 19:57   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
One place we stopped on way to goa... "Noor dhaba"
(on the left hand side, just after zaheerabad i guess, before diversion to humnabad town, not 100% sure)

it had ok toilets, nice poori bhaji etc

also good space for parking etc

but i doubt it would be up to your liking
Noor Dhaba serves good Poori Bhaji and I am sure you will love it. Their Idly with Chutney also tastes good. A good place as i've seen a lot of families too frequent the place.

When driving from Hyd-Pune, it should be on your right side. It should be after you cross Humnabad.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:02   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Noor Dhaba serves good Poori Bhaji and I am sure you will love it. Their Idly with Chutney also tastes good. A good place as i've seen a lot of families too frequent the place.

When driving from Hyd-Pune, it should be on your right side. It should be after you cross Humnabad.

LEFT SIDE! as far as i remember!
Old 21st June 2010, 20:05   #504
BHPian

Quote:

There is a food court at a certain fuel pump after Zaheerabad on the left side - decent, clean, excellent service (car stop : eating upma, idli, dosa, coke, water bottle, billing : car start - took 20 minutes at around 12:00pm) ... do not remember the bunk's name or the fuel company's name but has to be either BP or HP ... do have the bill at office if you need me to dig it out ... pretty visible when driving and cannot be missed.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:05   #505
BHPian

Quote:

Ani,as Unoczar mentioned, Noor Dhaba is a good place to have food and this place is just after the bypass to Humnabad town gets over..this place will fall on your left side while travelling towards Pune.You will not miss it as its always crowded.

You have Junglee dhaba after Sholapur, which meets your requirements of good food and a power nap..you need to be vigilant after crossing the bypass of Sholapur.This place would also fall on your left hand side while travelling towards Pune.

Zaheerabad also has a lot of options for food..this is just before the check post at Bidar crossing.

The last option that I can recollect is at Naldurg..meets both the requirement of food and power nap.I am unable to recollect the name of the dhaba..this is after crossing the town and is just before the Y junction where you have the option of going to Tuljapur..this place is again on the left side.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:07   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Left or Right, what matters the most is the quality of food & a place to take the much needed Power Nap

Quote:
There is a food court at a certain fuel pump after Zaheerabad on the left side - decent, clean, excellent service (car stop : eating upma, idli, dosa, coke, water bottle, billing : car start - took 20 minutes at around 12:00pm) ... do not remember the bunk's name or the fuel company's name but has to be either BP or HP ... do have the bill at office if you need me to dig it out ... pretty visible when driving and cannot be missed.
Bajaj Saab, that is truly a BP Company Outlet with Apna Ghar Dhaba. Apna Ghar Dhaba serves real good food. Loved their Chilly Chicken the last time we had a stop over, while going to Goa. The place is very neat, very clean and apt for Power Naps. They've got a good parking area, where in you can rest too.

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st June 2010 at 20:08.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:08   #507
BHPian

Quote:
This ones the BP Ghar Dhaba and would be approximately 10kms before Zaheerabad..again on the left hand side..you cannot miss it and as Hyd_traveller mentioned, the food is good and there is a lot of place behind the dhaba to get some power nap too.

Last edited by zen91 : 21st June 2010 at 20:11.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:09   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Quote:
Kya to bhi hai miyan, kai ku jagad rahe.

Aap dono ko nahi malum, Noor Dhaba raste ke beech mein ich hai

Abhi jab aap loga itna bole, udhar ich khake jatu
Old 21st June 2010, 20:16   #509
BHPian

Quote:

hauu nai? raste mein-ich toh aata!!!
Old 21st June 2010, 20:19   #510
BHPian

Quote:

Chapati aur Chicken Masala khana mat bhoolna..yeh hotel left side pe aata after crossing Humnabad.
Closed Thread