Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 21st June 2010, 20:22   #511
Senior - BHPian

Now my second query:

I need 2 sets of Rain Coats and Gum Boots.

Where can I procure them in the twin cities. Budget is 1000 Rupees for these 4 items.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:56   #512
Team-BHP Support

@Ani,

Noor Dhaba comes at exactly 167kms from Hyderabad ( actually from St.No.11 Himayathnagar). So for you it should come around 162kms from Somajiguda. It will fall on your LEFT side.

They serve good food and you will not miss it as there is a large open space in front of the dhaba and blue color signboards. But, since you will cross them at night with buddha baba inside you, keep your eyes peeled out or you will only see them on your return !!!

For Raincoats and Gumboots, i highly recommend a couple of hut type stores just outside Manali and on way to Rohtang Pass. All these 4 items will come well within your budget. Considering your passion for roadtrips, its just a short detour from your route to Lonavla
Old 22nd June 2010, 00:52   #513
Senior - BHPian

Default Deluxe near Zaheerabad, Temburni, Pune etc.

1. Driving from Hyd to Lonavala with dep fixed for early evening the best place would be the Dhabha right next to Noor.

extract from my Palio Buying thread (Fiat Palio GTX 1.6 acquired 2nd hand) :

"stopped soon thereafter for lunch at a 'Deluxe Dhaba" a haunt for truckers, which is right next to a 'Hotel Noor' which seems to be favoured by the car guys. I trust the truckers choice of Dhabas and love the simple, rustic fare that truckers dhabas serve up. Bhakri + curd (for dipping the Bhakri) + anda burji washed down with a few thumps up hit the right spot on that unbelievably hot day."

The Noor and Deluxe will be on your left as you head toward Bombay.

2. If you leave a little later the BP bunk just outside Zaheerabad is a good bet.

3. About 80 Km after Solapur you will come across a BP "Company Owned Bunk" on your left at a place called Temburni. Trust me this is the best bunk you can get between Mumbai and Hyd. Has ample parking and a lot of truck, car etc. traffic 24/7 so is safe for a power nap. Diagonally opposite this bunk is a Dhabha which is open till the wee hours. The food is excellent. Look for it to your right about 100m before the first entrance into the bunk.

4. If you are crossing Pune between midnight and 6.30 a.m. drive straight through Hadapsar till you get to AFMC on your left and the Pune Race Course on your right (RWITC). Turn right, drive through Pune Camp and head for the University (Ganeshkhind Rd.) pass Shivaji Nagar and the Univ. and look for signs leading you to the expressway. This is the shortest route and will not have Pune's infamous traffic at that hour.

5. One of the best biryani I have had in my life was in Lonavala. Driving to Bombay along the old road, pass the turn that leads into the town (bus stand etc.) and about 200 m later there is an Irani rest. on your left with a dining room on the 1st floor overlooking the road. IIRC he had a bar too. Finger licking good biryani.

Cheers & drive safe,
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:57   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
4. If you are crossing Pune between midnight and 6.30 a.m. drive straight through Hadapsar till you get to AFMC on your left and the Pune Race Course on your right (RWITC). Turn right, drive through Pune Camp and head for the University (Ganeshkhind Rd.) pass Shivaji Nagar and the Univ. and look for signs leading you to the expressway. This is the shortest route and will not have Pune's infamous traffic at that hour.
@ravs,
''bechare ko pura puna kyo dikha rahe ho? ''.

i suggest,
after hadpsar, don't turn anywhere, just go straight.
hadpsar-afmc-swarget-deccan-nal stop-continiue straight on over bridge at poud phata-chandani chowk-katraj/dehuraod byepass[ nh4].

This is the shortest and best route to reach nh4 from hadpsar after midnight.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:14   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@ravs,

i suggest,
hadpsar-afmc-swarget-deccan-nal stop-continiue straight on over bridge at poud phata-chandani chowk-katraj/dehuraod byepass[ nh4].

But Ashish Bhau, I intend to take the expressway and not NH4 for Lonavla. Last time also I had to travel almost thru the city while crossing from Expressway to NH-9.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:18   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ravs,

i suggest,

Yeah that route through Pune is good, in fact I took a variation of that - Swargate, Mhatre Phul and onto the expressway past SNDT. Swargate onwards the route can be confusing for someone not familar with Pune and goes via the IT parks and their rogue Indicabs. An Indiacab under a Storm will look like a rabbit in a wolf's clutches!
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:23   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
But Ashish Bhau, I intend to take the expressway and not NH4 for Lonavla.
I suppose, you will be at hadpsar before 6 am.
so, take the route suggested by me.
you will touch to katraj-dehuroad bye pass[ part of 4 lane nh4] at chandani chowk.
move toward dehuroad/mumbai on this byepass, you will touch expressway.
expreesway will start/end on this byepass.

@ravs,
you are correct about the traffic during day time but after 11 pm, i don't think it will be a trouble.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd June 2010 at 12:39.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:58   #518
Team-BHP Support

Default Next Hyderabad Meet????

Guys, time for our next meet discussion. Since we just recovered from a Mega Monsoon Drive meet.

I propose either of the following :-

Option 1
Short Drive to Shamirpet Lake then followed by a nice lunch at any of the dhabas on that stretch (July 3rd)

Option 2
Dinner Meet on Friday/Saturday (July 2nd/July 3rd)

Depending on majority, we'll choose the option.

Let the opinions flow in not only for options but, also venue/alternate place etc.

P.S: As weather has become quite nice, coming Sunday ( June 27), i am planning to drive down to Srisailam with family. Plan to start at 7AM and return by 7PM.

Anyone interested to join me for this drive-cum-religious meet
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:14   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Short Drive to Shamirpet Lake then followed by a nice lunch at any of the dhabas on that stretch (July 3rd)
My family with another 6 families had once booked a cottage at Celebrity Club in Shamirpet which was used for relaxing after a lot of fun and frolic at the lake.

The cottage was very useful to consume the self carried beverages.

The fun and frolic also included using their cricket pitch for a 6-a-side match. I fielded in 2nd slip with king-of-good-times in 1st slip since the wicket keeper also wanted company.

The day ended with buffet lunch (own menu) served in a separate room from their regular restaurant.

I just do not remember the financials now but it certainly was not as cheap as a Dhaba. All I can recollect is that I left home at 9:30am and came back at 7:30pm.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:24   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Option 2
Dinner Meet on Friday/Saturday (July 2nd/July 3rd)

Depending on majority, we'll choose the option.

Let the opinions flow in not only for options but, also venue/alternate place etc.
How about dinner @ Ella Suites. Avi Bhai, introduce us newbies to the place and spl people
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:37   #521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I just do not remember the financials now but it certainly was not as cheap as a Dhaba. All I can recollect is that I left home at 9:30am and came back at 7:30pm.
If it works out to Rs.600/Head for the entire day. I think that option can be explored

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
How about dinner @ Ella Suites. Avi Bhai, introduce us newbies to the place and spl people
Ella Suites food was terrible and one hot item turned out to be quite warm
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:12   #522
Senior - BHPian

Default Impending demise of one of our meeting points

During my visit to Spar yesterday, was shocked to learn that our meeting corner is being closed due to Govt apathy. Spar will never be the same again. Long live our meeting corner! P.S: There is a garage sale on and Ravvs you might want to have a look before its all gone
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:48   #523
Senior - BHPian

Little OT

Air Asia declared promotional base fare of rs 1 for hyd-kul sector for booking made on 23/24 june[ two days only].

This is for your info.

Do i see hyd-t.bhp meet in kualalumpur?
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:23   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Little OT

Air Asia declared promotional base fare of rs 1 for hyd-kul sector for booking made on 23/24 june[ two days only].

This is for your info.

Do i see hyd-t.bhp meet in kualalumpur?
It came to all inclusive INR 6,640 total for Hyd-Kul-Hyd if paying by credit card ... I tried it with the following add-ons ... 15 kg luggage while going ... 20 kg while returning ... nasi lemak combo meal while going and also while coming ... choice of seat 8A on both sectors.

Too good ...

Meet cannot be worked out because seats are limited and the moment many of us look at the same dates, we will run out of seats ...
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:03   #525
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I have a suggestion to make. Was having a conversation with Suren today and he suggested a fantantic new place for food which he tried and was mighty impressed.

They dont have a buffet as such but, can fix one specially for us. This can satisfy our urge for a short drive on the ORR and also sample some good food.

We can do this either for lunch or dinner on Saturday ( July 3rd).

Rs.299 buffet ( If 15 Pax or more) and bring your own water bottle

I am taking the liberty of adding a few people ( foodies, especially). Hope you all folks can make it.

What : Mega Foodie Lunch/Dinner Meet
When : July 3rd
Where : Details to be updated soon ( A nice place near the ORR)

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Milecruncher
3. Suren181 + 2
4. Ravveendra
5. Pulsar56
6. Hillram
7. Traveloholic
8. Srimath
9. Silverwood

Total Headcount : 11

All interested, please add your names to above and be prepared for a rollicking time together

@Ashish, 15 Raja Babus from Hyderabad to KL would be the ultimate Hyderabad International Meet....LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd June 2010 at 18:04.
Closed Thread