Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 16:22   #766
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Indian Ocean @ Hard Rock Cafe tonight!
Are they a popular band? Never heard about them?

Btw, HRC have a band every thursday.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 16:27   #767
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Indian Ocean @ Hard Rock Cafe tonight!
I might be there.

Avi, its a decent band http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_%28band%29

They have composed the music of Peepli Live as well.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 12th August 2010 at 16:35.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 16:27   #768
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Are they a popular band? Never heard about them?

Btw, HRC have a band every thursday.
Avi: I hope you are not kidding.

Indian Oceans have a song in "Peepli Live" as well.
Ardy is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 16:37   #769
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I might be there.

Avi, its a decent band Indian Ocean (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Avi: I hope you are not kidding.

Indian Oceans have a song in "Peepli Live" as well.
Sorry fellas, i am from the old school of rock. You know the Pink Floyd, GNR,Metallica, Dire Straits, Led Zep era.

Darn, never could like or feel like listening to any other music. And, i am happy
mobike008 is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 16:42   #770
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Are they a popular band? Never heard about them?
The song' arey rukh jaa re bande' from the movie black friday and also the song kandisa ,thats them!
Rajesh Rawal is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 16:42   #771
BHPian
 
Ushuaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 162
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Were popular amongst campus crowd till sometime back, pretty down to earth. Know them since Mayur Vihar (Delhi Start-up) Days, Talented and committed bunch. One of their most talented talents, Aseem Chakravarty died last year after a performance in Middle East (His earthy voice alongwith tabla made him a hit). They are also fairly popular abroad with Non-Residents. Have performed in few international music festivals.

Most of their music is a nice package of Indian classical/folk. Kandisa (album) is a 'must listen', but their epitome was Music for 'Black Friday'.
Ushuaia is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 18:33   #772
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Most of their music is a nice package of Indian classical/folk. Kandisa (album) is a 'must listen', but their epitome was Music for 'Black Friday'.
Kandisa is definitely a must listen album. Loved it.

Am going to be there by 9PM.

Anybody else coming give me a shout.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 18:46   #773
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,205
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sorry fellas, i am from the old school of rock. You know the Pink Floyd, GNR,Metallica, Dire Straits, Led Zep era.

Darn, never could like or feel like listening to any other music. And, i am happy
Me too---I am quite content with the old genre of rock and would not like to venture beyond as I feel nothing beats that school.
vnabhi is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 20:55   #774
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

What : Haleem Meet
When : Aug 13,2010
Where : Basheer Bagh, followed by Haleem at Shah Ghouse Hotel
Time : 8:30PM

Confirmed Names
  1. Mobike008+1
  2. Suren181 + 1
  3. Ravveendra + 1
  4. Pulsar56
  5. Zen 91
  6. Vnabhi
  7. Downsouth + 1
  8. Arcot Srinivas
  9. MileCruncher
  10. Rajesh Rawal
  11. Kirkiri
  12. Travelholic + 1
  13. Silverwood
  14. unoczar
Listed down the options or the itinerary:
Mutton Haleem at Shah Ghouse, Shah Ali Banda, Charminar



Sulemaani Chai near Shah Ghouse Hotel, Shah Ali Banda, Charminar (dont be surprised , you will surely love the taste of this Sulemaani Chai there)
*if you still have space left to gulp down another Haleem, then another round of Mutton Haleem at Shadaab Hotel, Madina, Charminar
Followed by Juciest Meenakshi Paans, Meetha Meenakshi Paans down the road.

Can be followed by Mango Ice Cream at Famous


The Planned Route:
In order to avoid traffic, we can take the following route, as this is mostly free from Traffic. This is the route I usually take, when ever I have the need to visit Charminar to my cousins place or to have Haleem or anything that has to do with Charminar area.

Route from Himayat Nagar to Shah Ghouse Hotel
Himayat Nagar/Liberty X Roads Basheer Bagh Nampally Afzal Gunj Take right from Madina Take Left at City College Hussaini Alam Khilwat Shah Ali Banda Shah Ghouse Hotel ♥

Route from Shah Ghouse Hotel to Meenakshi Paan Shop
Shah Ghouse Hotel Shah Ali Banda Khilwat Hussaini Alam Take the Muslim Jung Bridge towards Begum Bazaar Paan Shop ♥
*This Paan shop is in the adjacent lane to "Dilip Cool Drinks" is a couple of meters ahead of Police Checkpost, which falls on the left hand side after crossing Begum Bazaar Chatri/Bhoodevi Temple.

Route from Meenakshi Paan Shop to Famous Ice Cream
Paan Shop Gosha Mahal Famous Ice Cream ♥

Name:  Haleem Meet.jpg
Views: 2846
Size:  82.8 KB
traveloholic is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 23:43   #775
BHPian
 
unoczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 399
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
What : Haleem Meet
When : Aug 13,2010
Where : Basheer Bagh, followed by Haleem at Shah Ghouse Hotel
Time : 8:30PM

Confirmed Names
  1. Mobike008+1
  2. Suren181 + 1
  3. Ravveendra + 1
  4. Pulsar56
  5. Zen 91
  6. Vnabhi
  7. Downsouth + 1
  8. Arcot Srinivas
  9. MileCruncher
  10. Rajesh Rawal
  11. Kirkiri
  12. Travelholic + 1
  13. Silverwood
  14. unoczar
Listed down the options or the itinerary:
Mutton Haleem at Shah Ghouse, Shah Ali Banda, Charminar



Sulemaani Chai near Shah Ghouse Hotel, Shah Ali Banda, Charminar (dont be surprised , you will surely love the taste of this Sulemaani Chai there)
*if you still have space left to gulp down another Haleem, then another round of Mutton Haleem at Shadaab Hotel, Madina, Charminar
Followed by Juciest Meenakshi Paans, Meetha Meenakshi Paans down the road.

Can be followed by Mango Ice Cream at Famous


The Planned Route:
In order to avoid traffic, we can take the following route, as this is mostly free from Traffic. This is the route I usually take, when ever I have the need to visit Charminar to my cousins place or to have Haleem or anything that has to do with Charminar area.

Route from Himayat Nagar to Shah Ghouse Hotel
Himayat Nagar/Liberty X Roads Basheer Bagh Nampally Afzal Gunj Take right from Madina Take Left at City College Hussaini Alam Khilwat Shah Ali Banda Shah Ghouse Hotel ♥

Route from Shah Ghouse Hotel to Meenakshi Paan Shop
Shah Ghouse Hotel Shah Ali Banda Khilwat Hussaini Alam Take the Muslim Jung Bridge towards Begum Bazaar Paan Shop ♥
*This Paan shop is in the adjacent lane to "Dilip Cool Drinks" is a couple of meters ahead of Police Checkpost, which falls on the left hand side after crossing Begum Bazaar Chatri/Bhoodevi Temple.

Route from Meenakshi Paan Shop to Famous Ice Cream
Paan Shop Gosha Mahal Famous Ice Cream ♥
Guys, i'm in for the Harees! But why dont we try out the new buzz in old city, the DECCAN PARADISE, its at shah Ali Banda too.. and their biryani and mughlai was fantastic (i had last week). We can always try out 2-3 places

Sorry, but i'll be free only after 11 (after the prayers). Please delay it by a bit (which inevitably will happen in hyd i guess!)
Waseem bhai!! aare na?

Last edited by unoczar : 12th August 2010 at 23:45.
unoczar is offline  
Old 13th August 2010, 00:28   #776
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Khalid Bhai, there are many more options if we keep discussing. Rumaan also serves good haleem at old city too but we are not willing to take chances. We are kinda skeptical if they serve beef mixed one. Would rather avoid it, if he does so.
traveloholic is offline  
Old 13th August 2010, 08:23   #777
BHPian
 
unoczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 399
Thanked: 78 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Khalid Bhai, there are many more options if we keep discussing. Rumaan also serves good haleem at old city too but we are not willing to take chances. We are kinda skeptical if they serve beef mixed one. Would rather avoid it, if he does so.

are bhai... beef mix kara toh uski dukaan band karva detaun!! kya samajhre tum logan?? 25 saal se baitha hua hun!

on a serious note, we'll surely go to shah ghouse and also try out the new place.

Rumour: the new fellow (Deccan paradise) has rented the function hall on the opposite side for 6 Lakh rupees, where as SHah ghouse paid just 3 lakhs last year. All this for the Haleem bhattis!
unoczar is offline  
Old 13th August 2010, 12:59   #778
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

I have a call from 8pm-10pm. Therefore, I am out of today's meet
mobike008 is offline  
Old 13th August 2010, 13:30   #779
BHPian
 
traveloholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: TrafficJamaBad earlier known as Hyd
Posts: 750
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Avinash Bhai, what about post the call because it generally doesnot make much sense going pretty early at Charminar. Lets leave by 10:30 and have tasty haleem there
traveloholic is offline  
Old 13th August 2010, 14:41   #780
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sorry fellas, i am from the old school of rock. You know the Pink Floyd, GNR,Metallica, Dire Straits, Led Zep era.
Which I think is precisely the reason why you will definitely like Indian Ocean. I don't remember where I read this now but Led Zep is one of the inspirations for this group, although they have their own very distinct style. They just grow on you over time.

I have their albums. You could listen to them sometime.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP 2016 Meets (Hyderabad): Food Pyramid Lunch Meet_ Oct 23rd !!! mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 337 31st December 2016 11:40
The 2014 Hyderabad Meets: Aug 2nd (Ride/Drive) Meet to Srisailam !!! mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 288 13th July 2015 18:11
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2012 Meets: DINNER MEET_NOV 24TH, 2012 mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 1110 10th January 2013 16:07
Drink-And-Dinner Meet in Hyderabad-May 7th (EDIT: Now with the Meet Pics) mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 58 19th May 2008 18:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks