Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 22nd August 2010, 23:06   #811
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
few of us are heading to shadaab tonight for haleem around 9:30 PM.
I reckon you too got caught in the torrential rains? How was the haleem?

Plan to visit them on Wednesday evening
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:07   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

What rain? We never got caught in the rains or face traffic jams except for a short while near Charminar while going to Pista House.
We reached Pista House at around 10:15 PM and ordered one haleem among the three of us to be on the safer side. With that one super spicy haleem (not to our liking) shared among three, we decided that the Shadab Haleem is much better and took a U-Turn to Shadab!
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:54   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It rained as we went there but, it was nice to sit in the rear seat and enjoy the drive while Venkat got his Old City driving skills right!

First halt was Pista house. We ordered one haleem for the three of us and one spoonful down decided not to order any more. The haleem was nice - smooth with the meat nicely blended in. It was a tad spicy and one could almost taste the green chillies. I guess it is the green chilly spiciness that makes PH haleem so popular but, it was not for us - we prefer the mellowness offered by the whole spices.

We then headed to Shahdaab and wolfed down one haleem each followed by rotis and one mutton gravy and one dry mutton. The mutton gravy was delicious but had too much colour & the flavour of dry red chillies was too strong. The dry mutton dish was great. As usual the mutton was well-cooked and soft. Venkat & Pulsar56 had a falooda each and both gave it a . We came down and picked up some kaddu-ka-kheer (me), keshar-phirni + kaddu-ka-kheer (Pulsar). After that, it took all our effort to stay awake in the car and give directions to Venkat!!

BTW: We had haleem from Hy-line on Sat and it was nice. We also had mutton masala with sheermal from Hyline and the mutton masala was very good.

Verdict on the haleem: Shahdaab!!

Quote:
Honestly speaking, i am feeling ashamed to come on this thread. It has never been so silent in the past.
No talks about future meets, no pulling each other's legs.

What are we becoming into?
What are we becoming into? = We are becoming people who wax eloquent on false friends, while using Team-BHP.com for our commercial ends without declaring our commercial interests.

We have become a people who quote some silly reason to deny fellow TBHPians & a legitimate business what was theirs by right. To add insult to injury, we then allow another commercial body to do what was denied to the first.

We have become a people who can call each other names or worse, to abuse under the pretext of doing a good deed and giving quack advice based on a psuedo-analysis.

We have become a people who every few weeks spout some mumbo-jumbo about seperate bills, forgetting that the system provided support to those who could not afford to pay (like students etc.) thereby encouraging them to join in for the sake of the fun without getting too worried about the financials.

We are becoming a people who attend meets for the benefit of others, not for our own enjoyment and worse, if someone drives half way across town to pick us up - we think we have done them a great honour by giving them that privilege.

We have become a people who consider it absolutely normal to take offence and heap abuse on others if people do not turn up for a meet. On that count - each one of us is offended. HRH-RR, Himanshu, Zen & I for the several times we had to drive to Bidar alone because no one else turned up. Mobike - for the numerous meets that were non-starters. Ardy, Absynth & I for the Pragathi resorts meet where no one else turned up. The AP to AP team, for the rest of the gang not making the effort to make it for the Arunachal Pradesh drive, etc. etc.

We have become a people who consider it high-funda to throw in adjectives by the dozen while we cannot put together a sentence properly.

But, the Hydeez have seen other crises in the past and have overcome them. I am sure that the Hydeez shall overcome this lull too and come back to normal after all, the Hydeez do not have standards, the Hydeez have class!

Quote:
Tho phir, next wednesday lock kar diya jaye?
Arrey bhai - tala kaiko lagta bhai? Tala khol do!!

Wednesday it is - 8.30 p.m. opposite MOR medicals Basheerbagh.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 23rd August 2010 at 01:56.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:35   #814
BHPian

ravs- shaant gadha dhaari bheem shaant

maybe we should plan our t-bhp shaadi meet on coming sunday..( considering someone is 'tentatively' getting married that day)

thora hutke meet ,what say
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:27   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

maybe we should plan our t-bhp shaadi meet on coming sunday..( considering someone is 'tentatively' getting married that day)

That would be different - a shaadi meet. At least now please take the poor chap off the tentative list. On second thoughts, if the Hydeez land up before the muhurat - he might just be put there permanently by the bride's family . Best thing to do would be to be 'fashionably late' and arrive after we receive confirmation that the deed is done.

By a strage quirk of fate, I will be tentative for the Shaadi meet, a niece is getting married in Vijayawada late Sat. night and I might be driving back to Hyd late Sun. morning.

BTW - we might be having a few more meets courtesy Pulsar. Now for Pulsar56 to fill in on the details. Congrats Pulsar56.
Cheers,
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:29   #816
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Verdict on the haleem: Shahdaab!!
After reading your already numerous escapades to Charminar, iam totally jealous and dying to try out the Shadab haleem on Wednesday.

Quote:

What are we becoming into? = We are becoming people who wax eloquent on false friends, while using Team-BHP.com for our commercial ends without declaring our commercial interests.

We have become a people who quote some silly reason to deny fellow TBHPians & a legitimate business what was theirs by right. To add insult to injury, we then allow another commercial body to do what was denied to the first.

We have become a people who can call each other names or worse, to abuse under the pretext of doing a good deed and giving quack advice based on a psuedo-analysis.

We have become a people who every few weeks spout some mumbo-jumbo about seperate bills, forgetting that the system provided support to those who could not afford to pay (like students etc.) thereby encouraging them to join in for the sake of the fun without getting too worried about the financials.

We are becoming a people who attend meets for the benefit of others, not for our own enjoyment and worse, if someone drives half way across town to pick us up - we think we have done them a great honour by giving them that privilege.

We have become a people who consider it absolutely normal to take offence and heap abuse on others if people do not turn up for a meet. On that count - each one of us is offended. HRH-RR, Himanshu, Zen & I for the several times we had to drive to Bidar alone because no one else turned up. Mobike - for the numerous meets that were non-starters. Ardy, Absynth & I for the Pragathi resorts meet where no one else turned up. The AP to AP team, for the rest of the gang not making the effort to make it for the Arunachal Pradesh drive, etc. etc.

We have become a people who consider it high-funda to throw in adjectives by the dozen while we cannot put together a sentence properly.

But, the Hydeez have seen other crises in the past and have overcome them. I am sure that the Hydeez shall overcome this lull too and come back to normal after all, the Hydeez do not have standards, the Hydeez have class!
Ravvs, After reading the various versions of " what we are becoming into" and understanding where it is directed, all i can say or rather implore, Bus bhai, bus !!!

Quote:

Arrey bhai - tala kaiko lagta bhai? Tala khol do!!

Wednesday it is - 8.30 p.m. opposite MOR medicals Basheerbagh.

Cheers,
Theek hai. Tala Khul gaya. Lets bounce back with a series of meets this week. Listing them out below :-

Quote:

Btw, i heard that Raj is definetly " tentative" for his own marriage. I hope we dont go there and wish only his going to be bride who when we ask where Raj is will respond "He told me, he was tentative for the wedding"

Quote:
BTW - we might be having a few more meets courtesy Pulsar. Now for Pulsar56 to fill in on the details. Congrats Pulsar56. Cheers,
Congrats baad mein Pulsar56. Pahle yeh bolo---Party kab aur kidhar hai?

Here are the list of meets for this week :-

Wednesday
Haleem Meet ( Shadab, Pista House)

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravveendra
3. Pulsar56
4. Milecruncher

Friday
Proposing a Movie Meet, as always wanted to see a horror movie on the big screen. Nightmare on Elm Street is releasing on Friday. Shall we all go?

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Rajesh Rawal
3. Milecruncher
4. Ravveendra
5. Pulsar56
6. Arcot Srinivas

Just added some names that i know will join for sure. It would be great whoever else is interested add their names to above list.

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd August 2010 at 13:38.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:43   #817
BHPian

Friday to Sunday was a great time I've had, especially on the Haleem front. It was raining Haleem's all the time.

Friday Night Haleem @ Shah Ghouse, Toli Chowki, Saturday Late Evening Haleem @ Shahdab Hotel, Saturday Late Night Haleem & Chicken Biryani @ Deccan Paradise, Sunday Evening Haleem @ Sohail Hotel & Shahbad Hotel

Would love to join for the Wednesday Haleem Meet but would not be having Haleem that day. I can only have Haleem post 12:00, so would skip Haleem if we are there before 12.00. In case, our plan goes beyond 12:01, then I would gorge on Haleem for sure.

Last edited by traveloholic : 23rd August 2010 at 16:45.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:47   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats baad mein Pulsar56. Pahle yeh bolo---Party kab aur kidhar hai?

Here are the list of meets for this week :-

Wednesday

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravveendra
3. Pulsar56
4. Milecruncher

Friday
Proposing a Movie Meet, as always wanted to see a horror movie on the big screen. Nightmare on Elm Street is releasing on Friday. Shall we all go?

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Rajesh Rawal
3. Milecruncher
4. Ravveendra
5. Pulsar56
6. Arcot Srinivas

Just added some names that i know will join for sure. It would be great whoever else is interested add their names to above list.
Count me in for the Haleem Meet but won't be coming for the movie meet as horror is not genre of movies.

BTW am confirmed for the Shaadi Meet as well.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:20   #819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Count me in for the Haleem Meet but won't be coming for the movie meet as horror is not genre of movies.

BTW am confirmed for the Shaadi Meet as well.
Ani, Horror is not a genre of movies? Then what is Horror? Care to explain?

Between the Haleem Meet and Movie Meet, there is another meet being planned. Looks like its raining "meats" this week
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:28   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ani, Horror is not a genre of movies? Then what is Horror? Care to explain?
My bad!

I meant I don't like Horror

My body and mind have still not come back to civilisation and need some recuperation. Kindly excuse!
Old 24th August 2010, 09:05   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

I meant I don't like Horror
arey ani teri gf ke saath horror movie dekhna ,you'll see the benefits of it
Old 24th August 2010, 09:48   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
arey ani teri gf ke saath horror movie dekhna ,you'll see the benefits of it
Now what GF ?

Anyways, got another commitment on Friday evening so won't be able to make it for the movie.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:05   #823
Team-BHP Support

Lets take one thing at a time.

Hope tomorrow Haleem meet is confirmed. Please add your confirmation to list below

Wednesday

Meeting time : 8:30PM
Meeting Place : Opposite Ohris Basheerbagh

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravveendra
3. Pulsar56
4. Milecruncher

I plan to use my bike tomorrow. I wont, if someone is offering me a ride
Old 25th August 2010, 08:38   #824
Team-BHP Support

Been on a diet since Monday to enjoy the Haleem today

Anybody else interested to join the haleem meet tonight?

Wednesday
Meeting time : 8:30PM

Meeting Place : Opposite Ohris Basheerbagh

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Ravveendra
3. Pulsar56
4. Milecruncher
Old 25th August 2010, 14:45   #825
Senior - BHPian

Mobike, MC & I are confirmed. Pulsar - where art thou? is there a pre-meet meet? Better meet somplace & proceed in 1 car.
Closed Thread