Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 3rd December 2010, 13:30   #1246
Senior - BHPian

I'm marking myself tentative. I'm still "selling" the proposition to the better half and obviously I'm not cut out for a career in sales (and thankfully that's not what I do for a living). It might take some time but she's just come off a really hectic 4 months and is looking forward to a few relaxing weekends. The key is to get her to believe that this meet will be relaxing .

We earlier thought it was on the 4th. But 5th should be better for us. I'm hoping for the best.

Now on to a more philosophical question/comment.

I understand that bigger is better, but why call off meets if "there isn't enough participation"? A smaller group can also enjoy itself thoroughly on such a meet (and attract the envy of those who missed it in the process and possibly spur them on to attending more frequently in the future). There is the risk that future meets will become fragmented, but in this particular instance (5 cars/8 people) I don't think it needs to be called off.

Regards,
/he who had to miss out a 260-km bike riding weekend (the last one) because of a mildly severe cold :(
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:25   #1247
BHPian

Spadix : I'm marking myself tentative. I'm still "selling" the proposition to the better half and obviously I'm not cut out for a career in sales (and thankfully that's not what I do for a living). It might take some time but she's just come off a really hectic 4 months and is looking forward to a few relaxing weekends. The key is to get her to believe that this meet will be relaxing .

You can use the teasers the pictures in the background looks quite soothing and relaxing.

Spadix :I understand that bigger is better, but why call off meets if "there isn't enough participation"? A smaller group can also enjoy itself thoroughly on such a meet (and attract the envy of those who missed it in the process and possibly spur them on to attending more frequently in the future). There is the risk that future meets will become fragmented, but in this particular instance (5 cars/8 people) I don't think it needs to be called off.

+1 on it spadix, bhai log lets do the meet even though its a small group we can still have fun.

Last edited by arcotsrinivas : 3rd December 2010 at 15:30.
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:49   #1248
BHPian

The whole week has been very very hectic. I have tasted waters of 3 cities in the last 3 days and the same seems to be the case this weekend too. I returned yesterday from a city hopping trip to Bangalore and Mumbai. I am going back tomorrow morning again for some work related trips back to Bangalore and Mumbai. I might have to give this meet a miss. Its been very very hectic off late. Shall surely try to make it to next meet. Till then, enjoy folks.
Old 4th December 2010, 00:59   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Due to abysmal response and people being pre-occupied with other duties,
The 5TH December Meet stands hereby Cancelled
Old 4th December 2010, 01:12   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I have been working 7 days a week and have been busy throughout!
I will be free after 15th December and until then I cannot attend any of the meets! :(
Old 9th December 2010, 20:49   #1251
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad Meet Thread: All meets from May'10

whats with the OT guys!

So what plans for New Years ? Anyone aware of major do's to happen at that time, do let me know, we're looking out for a open air kinda venue. Else.......me thinks its going to be BnC for the new yrs.
Old 10th December 2010, 07:54   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
whats with the OT guys!

So what plans for New Years ? Anyone aware of major do's to happen at that time, do let me know, we're looking out for a open air kinda venue. Else.......me thinks its going to be BnC for the new yrs.
know for sure leonia has some nice party lined up.. also shamshabad novotel had something too..
Old 10th December 2010, 10:29   #1253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
whats with the OT guys!

From last 3 years, B'N'C, Touch and Liquids gang up and host the biggest new years event usually at HICC. That would surely be fun. Expect the price to be around 3K/head with very little included in it.

Dont go to regular hangouts, it would be crowded anyways but for no reason.

IMO, you should have a bonfire and loud music in your own backyard with a bunch of friends. Nothing to beat it
Old 10th December 2010, 11:01   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

IMO, you should have a bonfire and loud music in your own backyard with a bunch of friends. Nothing to beat it
+1 to that.

But what else are the options? Or how about a drive to Suryalanka to have a beach bonfire to welcome the New Year. Cost wise will be same as any of these do's but will be many times more fun.

Cheers
Old 10th December 2010, 15:15   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
+1 to that.

But what else are the options? Or how about a drive to Suryalanka to have a beach bonfire to welcome the New Year. Cost wise will be same as any of these do's but will be many times more fun.

Cheers
Good idea----I'll come if you volunteer to pick me up .
Have fun, guys!
C'ya next Feb!
Old 10th December 2010, 15:31   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Have fun, guys!
C'ya next Feb!
Will do in your Lear Jet and I'll Pilot it

Have a safe trip and do bring us the goodies

Cheers
Old 10th December 2010, 19:42   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Have fun, guys!
C'ya next Feb!
Have a happy journey and a good time we will be missing your 2 cents in meets till next feb.

Bhai log are we planning any pre new-year meet like the pre diwali meet which we had at hillview resort.

Last edited by arcotsrinivas : 10th December 2010 at 19:46.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:44   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Based on the prelim discussions with a few TBHPians today at the OTR, this idea seems to be acceptable.

Here are the details

What: TBHP Hyderabad - New Year Eve Meet
Where: Beach Fire @ Suryalanka Beach
When: Leave Hyd 30/31 Dec and Back 1/2nd Jan

Confirmed Names:
  1. MileCruncher +1
  2. Pulsar56
  3. Ravveendraa

Please add your names and copy above.

This is intended to be a family affair so please bring your family if you can.

Cheers
Old 15th December 2010, 13:11   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What: TBHP Hyderabad - New Year Eve Meet
Where: Beach Fire @ Suryalanka Beach
When: Leave Hyd 30/31 Dec and Back 1/2nd Jan

Please add your names and copy above.

This is intended to be a family affair so please bring your family if you can.
Broached the topic with the CEO/Home Minister twice in the last 2-3 days. Given that we're setting off on a 1700-km round trip tomorrow she has suggested that I shut up until we return and then she'll let me know .

And then there was that petrol price hike bombshell in today's newspaper, which prompted her to say "no more long drives for some time to come".

I'll mark myself tentative for now.

Regards,
spadix
Old 15th December 2010, 15:39   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Default Mother of all drive meets - any takers?

I put before the fun-loving & adventourous lot known as the Hydeez, a drive to beat all drives, a whopping trip that is bound to be as challenging as it will be fun, a fascinating & monumentous road trip consisting of -

10 days, 5000 km (3000 M), fab roads through plains, mountains, deserts, crossing and passing rivers and lakes, flitting across time zones.

I got a fab invitation yesterday and was wondering if anyone else is interested in a drive from coast to coast. We can do it in spring/summer 2010 or 2011.
Closed Thread